[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How bout a general thread listing players...

Roustabout

Please post the latest news you've heard (to build on the Playoff Motivation article on The Huddle's front page):

Peyton Manning, for instance, apparently said today he's comfortable playing as much or as little as Dungy wants him to. [My source is Denver sports talk radio host Sandy Clough.] And we know if the Colts playoff game looks like it will be on Sat, we'll see less of the starters.

Harrison/Wayne? Might Harrison go out but Wayne stay in? [speculation on my part.]

Alexander--a lot will depend on whether the Rams win their game. If the Rams win, the Seahawks have something to play for.

Tomlinson?

Here is an update on Jerome Bettie' status for this week. It is a clip from 12/29/2004 Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

Because Jerome Bettis will not play Sunday, he will not get a chance for his first 1,000-yard season since 2001 and his ninth in 12 NFL seasons. Bettis leads the team with 941 yards rushing and said reaching 1,000 means little to him compared with a chance to rest a few weeks and get a shot at his first Super Bowl.

I posted this in another thread, but here it is. This is Vermeil's comment when asked how he thought Marty may play his players. Just realize that this is based on comments made to Vermeil by other coaches that were around when Schottenheimer was coaching KC:

Q: How do you expect Marty Schottenheimer will approach this final game?

VERMEIL: “I talked to some our coaches who were here with him before and they’ve said when they had some things all locked in for the playoffs he reverted back to a pre-season game approach playing them through the first half or the first quarter and a half and then start to take people out. But I have no idea what he’s going to do. We don’t control that.”

Posted in the North County Times, this copy-paste is only part of the article:

Rivers ready

In wading through Schottenheimer's considerable coachspeak, it appears that rookie quarterback Philip Rivers will take his first significant snaps on Sunday. Rivers and backup Doug Flutie got most of the work in practice and will probably play most of Sunday's game.

While Schottenheimer said he hasn't chosen a quarterback rotation, he admitted it's possible that starter Drew Brees won't play at all.

Rivers is itching for his first real chance after performing mop-up duty on Oct. 10.

"I don't know if the word is 'expect,' but the writing on the wall is you may get that opportunity," Rivers said about playing. "It's not just the chance to throw the ball around and have a good time. Obviously, we still want to win the game."

It could be a big week for Rivers. His wife, Tiffany, is expecting the couple's second daughter any day.

Geez, Louise, flip a coin for me, I have McNabb and Brees as my only QBs.

Ben Roethlisberger will not start this week vs Buffalo.

Bill Cowher announced after practice yesterday that Maddox would start in place of injured Ben Roethlisberger, who threw a dozen or so passes on the sideline. Roethlisberger's ribs were bruised late in the third quarter Sunday against Baltimore. The Steelers don't want to play him in Buffalo, but he could suit up if something were to happen to Maddox.