[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just read DD's game predictions

Ramhock

Week 17 is ALWAYS a crapshoot and that is not merely for the teams that have something to play for. Even teams that are out of the playoffs often will yank the studs to take a final look at the young subs so they can decide what to do in the offseason. The ONLY players that are safe are those in games that are going for a final playoff spot and that a loss means that they are out.

Even then - studs play so long as the game is in question.

Week 17 is a VERY poor way to conclude a fantasy season. There are just way too many unknowns and things that will change before the game. In meaningful games, HC will intentionally do everything they can to cloak their true intentions.

I have one league that plays in week 17 and I have to sit Tomlinson. It's just ridiculous to deem a champion when in the end, it's the team that actually had lesser players that all played in week 17 that scores the most fantasy points.

Week 17 is ALWAYS a crapshoot and that is not merely for the teams that have something to play for. Even teams that are out of the playoffs often will yank the studs to take a final look at the young subs so they can decide what to do in the offseason. The ONLY players that are safe are those in games that are going for a final playoff spot and that a loss means that they are out.

Even then - studs play so long as the game is in question.

Week 17 is a VERY poor way to conclude a fantasy season. There are just way too many unknowns and things that will change before the game. In meaningful games, HC will intentionally do everything they can to cloak their true intentions.

I have one league that plays in week 17 and I have to sit Tomlinson. It's just ridiculous to deem a champion when in the end, it's the team that actually had lesser players that all played in week 17 that scores the most fantasy points.

638709[/snapback]

You got that right. I'm in one of those leagues, my last year if we don't move the SB up a week.

Tomlinson

Gates

Favre

Javon Walker

Gone

My big $ league went to a no playoff system that I love, just because of this fact. Although, this year I am in a dogfight for first place and total points, I am up 39 points and we are both 13-3.

He has Manning- I have McNAbb etc...

It will be an interesting final week..

DMD,

Thanks for all the insight this year!

The FFTOC gave us the idea to use total points for the playoffs Weeks 15-17 instead of head to head. It's better than a Superbowl in week 17. I specifically traded Dillion and Harrison a few weeks ago for McAlister and Driver to avoid the "rest the starters" syndrom and it has paid off.

Since there are 7 teams already clinched with nothing to win and about half of the teams with nothing to win or lose, I predict this will be the wierdest week 17 you may ever see.

If a league still uses week 17 to determine anything, this year should cure that.

I am in a league like this. I am actually relieved to have lost last week and will finish 3rd in total pts. Still get some $$$ and alot less stress!!!!

Texas just kicked game winner against Michigan 38-37

*** Horns!! :D

Hey DMD, I'm willing to give you the Saints +1 if you are interested.

Bloodbath.