[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CAROL CHOW AND LIENART

GOB1

Not a SF fan, so I really don't keep up with it, but I heard on the Radio (ESPN) that SF is out of salary cap hell, and has plenty of money to spend this year. Ofcourse the ownership will probably have to pay quite a bit to Erickson, and his staff, because they still have 3 years on their contracts, but that doesn't count against the cap.

Chow I can see leaving - for whatever reason, colleges seem loath to hire him as a HC.

But CARROLL? That's MORE baffling than Dennis Erickson deciding to head back to the pros (though not as baffling as Erickson actually getting another chance to go back to the pros). He did however long and got canned despite a respectable enough record and slammed for his personality. Now he's livin' large and highly respected at USC, which oughta give him everything he could need financially.

And despite a spotty track record (Jimmy Johnson was a smashing success in Dallas, decent in Miami; Erickson was mediocre in Seattle and rotten in SF; Spurrier was a disaster in Was) of national championship coaches in the NFL, Carroll WON'T come cheap. SF would have been better to jump on Weis, Crennell, or Philly's Jim Johnson instead of Erickson in the first place.