[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning IS the MVP

CaptainHook

I think you're right, but in theory, I would have to say no.  Regardless, that did not happen, as the Colts were 12-4.

648780[/snapback]

They defeated Minnesota 31-28 ... one more TD by Minnesota and it's a loss ... 11-5

They defeated the Ravens 20-10 ... two more TDs by Baltimore and it's a loss ... 10-6

They defeated Houston 23-14 ... 1 TD and 1 FG by Houston and it's a loss ... 9-5

They SHOULD have lost to the Chargers ... 8-8

The dog would have caught the rabbit, if it hadn't stopped to take a ***.

Really, IF those teams had scored more maybe Manning would have scored more. IF the Colts had played better in their three losses they would be at home this weekend. IF it ever happens, let's worry about it then. . .

The dog would have caught the rabbit, if it hadn't stopped to take a ***.

Really, IF those teams had scored more maybe Manning would have scored more.  IF the Colts had played better in their three losses they would be at home this weekend.  IF it ever happens, let's worry about it then. . .

648793[/snapback]

You said you didn't think it could happen ... I was pointing out that there were 4 games were it was close enough to have happened that's all ...

I honestly think that if you have a passing offense that generates 50 passing TD's, you are going to finish better than .500. That was my point. Sure, there are games you could point back to and say "what if"? But I just find it very unlikely that it could happen.

You said you didn't think it could happen ... I was pointing out that there were 4 games were it was close enough to have happened that's all ...

648796[/snapback]

That could probably be said about most teams most years...I don't think hypotheticals are worth much here though.

As far as Reggie Wayne is concerned, he's very talented and made big strides this year, but his numbers are not very distinguishable from Harrison's or Stokley's...I think that speaks volumes about Manning's abilities to spread the ball out and find the open man. Obviously WRs are dependant upon the QB first getting them the ball, plus I think that it is generally assumed that WR is the easiest offensive skill position to find talent at...with that being the case it is extremely difficult for a WR to win the MVP...No WR has won the award since 1987 when Jerry Rice split the award with John Elway (Rice also won the Sporting News' version of the MVP in 1990). If any WR were to be considered for the MVP this year, in my opinion it would have to be Terrell Owens easily over Reggie Wayne...I think Manning was clearly the right choice for the award though.

Edited by Skrappy1

They defeated Minnesota 31-28 ... one more TD by Minnesota and it's a loss ... 11-5

They defeated the Ravens 20-10 ... two more TDs by Baltimore and it's a loss ... 10-6

They defeated Houston 23-14 ... 1 TD and 1 FG by Houston and it's a loss ... 9-5

They SHOULD have lost to the Chargers ... 8-8

648789[/snapback]

I like your theory here. Let's reverse it and see what happens.

The Colts lost to NE in wk 1 - 1 less fumble at the Goal Line and it's a win 13-3

They lost to Jax in wk7 - 1 more TD & they win 14-2

They lost to KC in wk 8 - 1 More FG & TD and they win 15-1

They lost to Denver in wk 17 - Just play the starters and they win - 16-0

Using your same four game example the Colts could have been undefeated this year. :D I, for one, think your strategy is very sound.