[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Jets

Menudo

I didn't think so.  It just makes us Steeler fans look kinda bad when one of us demonstrates a lack of familiarity with the English language while talking  smack. 

:doah:

Steelers :doah:

:doah:

654150[/snapback]

Agreed.

Everyone knows the Steelers are going to beat the Jets.

Knowing it should be a completely one-sided game, nobody really cares except Steeler fans and Jet fans. Steeler Fans will feel all :D, and Jets fans will feell all :bawling:. The rest of us will feel all :D because we all knew the Jets suck and don't have what it takes to beat the Steelers.

Two things are true here. First, if your team does manage to find a way to lose in the playoffs to the Jets then Steeler Fans everywhere should call up their Saints fan friends and ask to borrow their paper bag hats with the eyes cut out. Cowher will still be synonymous with choke.

Second, If the Colts manage to beat the Pats this weekend and the Steelers don't choke, then one of the two choke labels will get to be shed (at least in terms of making it to the dance) while the other remains embedded.

I wonder...do Colts fans and Steeler fans both feel like if they don't win the prize this year then their team choked again? I can say with relative certainty that Pats fans don't feel that way about our team losing. I don't think most people around here expect to win this weekend with the defensive backfield so...well...uncertain.

How will you feel if your team loses short of the Superbowl? In the Superbowl (unlikely if they make it)?

Everyone knows the Steelers are going to beat the Jets.

Knowing it should be a completely one-sided game, nobody really cares except Steeler fans and Jet fans.  Steeler Fans will feel all B), and Jets fans will feell all :bawling:.  The rest of us will feel all :D because we all knew the Jets suck and don't have what it takes to beat the Steelers.

Two things are true here.  First, if your team does manage to find a way to lose in the playoffs to the Jets then Steeler Fans everywhere should call up their Saints fan friends and ask to borrow their paper bag hats with the eyes cut out.  Cowher will still be synonymous with choke.

Second, If the Colts manage to beat the Pats this weekend and the Steelers don't choke, then one of the two choke labels will get to be shed (at least in terms of making it to the dance) while the other remains embedded.

I wonder...do Colts fans and Steeler fans both feel like if they don't win the prize this year then their team choked again?  I can say with relative certainty that Pats fans don't feel that way  about our team losing.  I don't think most people around here expect to win this weekend with the defensive backfield so...well...uncertain.

How will you feel if your team loses short of the Superbowl?  In the Superbowl (unlikely if they make it)?

654337[/snapback]

I won't argure that the Steelers have lost their fair share of AFC championships in the last 15 years, 3 of them being at home, but they did get to the big dance in 1995. Not recent, but certainly not ancient. I don't think that puts them on the level of playoff chokers. I think the fact that they have made so many playoffs and AFC Championships in the last 15 years says a lot about their organization. To answer your question, anything other than a Super Bowl victory is a disappointment this year, no doubt about it. Losing to the Jets would anger and disgust me, because, in my opinion, the Steelers are clearly better than the Jets and WOULD have to play poorly to lose. If the Steelers were to lose to the Pats or Colts, I would be disappointed, but not digusted, as I feel these three teams are the class of the NFL this year. When all is said and done, the Steelers were 6-10 last year, they have bounced back for a 15-1 season with a rookie QB at the helm. They got younger on defense and played better. I feel good about the franchise's future, but after the season they had, anything less than a victory in "the big one" would be a :D

I won't argure that the Steelers have lost their fair share of AFC championships in the last 15 years, 3 of them being at home, but they did get to the big dance in 1995.  Not recent, but certainly not ancient.  I don't think that puts them on the level of playoff chokers.  I think the fact that they have made so many playoffs and AFC Championships in the last 15 years says a lot about their organization.  To answer your question, anything other than a Super Bowl victory is a disappointment this year, no doubt about it.  Losing to the Jets would anger and disgust me, because, in my opinion, the Steelers are clearly better than the Jets and WOULD have to play poorly to lose.  If the Steelers were to lose to the Pats or Colts, I would be disappointed, but not digusted, as I feel these three teams are the class of the NFL this year.  When all is said and done, the Steelers were 6-10 last year, they have bounced back for a 15-1 season with a rookie QB at the helm.  They got younger on defense and played better.  I feel good about the franchise's future, but after the season they had, anything less than a victory in "the big one" would be a  :D

654398[/snapback]

I say this about the Steelers because...well...Cowher has managed to put the team in position to win a superbowl several times. I mean, getting to the playoffs is what you need, and he's gotten that part done. But...how many times have they been there and come away empty handed?

Recently, of course. This is why, at least in my book, Steeler teams under Cowher have been and will continue to be choker teams until they prove otherwise.

I know it sounds like a hugh knock...and I guess it is...but I am mostly poking at Cowher. If his team gets it done this year then good for him. He doesn't have direct control over his destiny the way Manning does.

FWIW, even losing Owens, Andy Reid has the same Monkey on his back. As does Schottenheimer.

I say this about the Steelers because...well...Cowher has managed to put the team in position to win a superbowl several times.  I mean, getting to the playoffs is what you need, and he's gotten that part done.  But...how many times have they been there and come away empty handed?

Recently, of course.  This is why, at least in my book, Steeler teams under Cowher have been and will continue to be choker teams until they prove otherwise.

I know it sounds like a hugh knock...and I guess it is...but I am mostly poking at Cowher.  If his team gets it done this year then good for him.  He doesn't have direct control over his destiny the way Manning does.

654418[/snapback]

IMO, Cowher is not a very good coach. He's great at the motivational aspect of coaching, but not so good with the play calling or adjustments, and he is terrible with clock management. The difference this year is that Cowher is letting his co-ordinaters do their jobs and pretty much keeping his nose out of it. This is the difference that wins the Superbowl for the Steelers.