[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it possible the "pundits" are doing it again?

steeler

BTW, I think you're underplaying the performance of the Pats LBs in containing Edgerrin James. I've read that the Colts did try to attempt to use their stretch play but were often unable to get it off the ground, due to the LB coverage.

Menudo's pounding this this "no, you first" thing into the ground this week. We get it already that you're trying to make yourself the underdog when in reality we know you're not. Ben hasn't lost a game yet (despite looking a little shaky of late), you haven't lost a home game since God was a child, you have the best record in a very, very tough conference AND you're at home. We all know that the oddsmakers are trying to even out the betting and it has nothing to do with what they expect the outcome of the game to be.

So cut it out already. :D

663512[/snapback]

I have no idea what you are talking about :D

Yeah, and after the game, they slammed Manning for a mediocre performance, while proclaiming Brady "the better QB" for his mediocre performance.

663274[/snapback]

I didn't see Brady look like Manning. Manning was throwing the ball to his feet because he was so scared to take a hit.

I have a couple of responses. First to:

Only one week to prepare, a more balanced offensive opponent, and on the road. But, the Pats have been there and know how to win these games.

One week? You know as soon as Bill B. lost to the Steelers, he realized that in order to make it to the superbowl, they needed a gameplan to beat the Steelers. Bill B. is the smartest "gameplanner" in the L, and I'm quite sure they have been cooking something up for MUCH longer than a week.

Second:

We get it already that you're trying to make yourself the underdog when in reality we know you're not.

The team that is not the Favorite is the Underdog. It doesn't matter who you or I think is going to win, when ALL the oddsmakers have the Pats as the Favorite, the Steelers by default become the underdog. It's just reality. If you think the Steelers will win, then good for you. But they are the Underdog, like it or not.

Now, theoretically speaking, being the editor and owner of the Sports Rag, wouldn't you be considered part of the dumbass media?  :D

663361[/snapback]

Calling the Sports Rag "media" is like calling the Vikes "a team with a glorious Super Bowl history."

Sorry...couldn't resist. :D

I wouldn't call the Steelers attack "more balanced" than Indy's by any means, gilthorp. I don't think Bettis/Duce are any more potent than Edge, and the WRs stack up pretty evenly. Basically, I feared the Indy offense FAR more than I do Pittsburgh's (while very solid across the board)...but it's the Steeler defense that scares the sh*t out of me. :D

Edit to add that I now realize you meant how much Indy relied upon Peyton vs. Edge, and Pitt is more balanced run v. pass, which is true...but as far as comparing skill players, I'd put Indy up against Pitt.

663050[/snapback]

msaint, my point yesterday was more related to the fact that the Patriots have had and will continue to have (most likely) the Colts passing game in their pocket.

They know the timing of their routes, where they need to be in 5 yards/10 yards, and throw off their timing.

The definition of a play action pass is essentially nullified when the Pats defend against the Colts, and I'm not sure they are going to be quite as successful defending against the play action pass on Sunday due to the fact that the Steelers will pound it in there more religiously.

Of course it's difficult to compare skill players, but since you mentioned it.

Hines Ward is much more physical than Wayne, Harrison, or Stokely. He'll have more success getting off the jams. Burress is taller than Wayne, Harrison, or Stokely, and he'll have that advantage down field in any "jump ball" situations. Lastly, the Creature is shifty and can work the slot, plus they use him in various situations where he can run, pass, and be the X factor if called upon.

Purely from a WR standpoint, the Colts have better skill people, but from a matchup standpoint, I like the Steelers WR's better against a makeshift secondary unit.

Just my 2 cents.

Purely from a WR standpoint, the Colts have better skill people, but from a matchup standpoint, I like the Steelers WR's better against a makeshift secondary unit.

664330[/snapback]

In addition, the Steelers WR will most likely see more one-on-one opportunities this week than the Colts saw last week because the Pats are (probably) going to have to put more men in the box to stop the Steelers running game. Last week the Pats sat back in zones for the most part to keep everything in front of them.... they won't have that luxury this week. Hopefully Ben, Burress, Ward, Randel El will be able to take advantage of that single coverage when it's there.

Menudo's pounding this "no, you first" thing into the ground this week. We get it already that you're trying to make yourself the underdog when in reality we know you're not. Ben hasn't lost a game yet (despite looking a little shaky of late), you haven't lost a home game since God was a child, you have the best record in a very, very tough conference AND you're at home. We all know that the oddsmakers are trying to even out the betting and it has nothing to do with what they expect the outcome of the game to be.

So cut it out already. :D

663512[/snapback]

Gee whiz, Czar, I don't think you're supposed to leave bruises. :D

I hope so !  The Pats should be favored by 14+, a rookie QB has no buisness being on the field with this Dynasty team.  Bill Cowher can not be expected to keep up with the brilliant Mr. Belichick.  I just hope the Steelers don't embarass themselves too badly.  :D

662790[/snapback]

Yo, Nostradamus. How ya been?

Sorry Menudo, just razzin' ya.