[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where was the desire?

Jrick35

Through all of the mistakes the Eagles were tied 14-14 after 3 quarters of the SUPER BOWL.

And they proceeded to play the 4th quarter as if it were the 1st Exhibition game of the season.

They had no fire what-so-ever and they were very poorly coached.

In their first possession after going down 10 points they got the ball back with over 5 minutes to play and still had 2 timeouts. On that drive there were 5 different plays where they allowed 30 or more seconds to just inexplicably, tick away. On those 5 plays they allowed over 2 and a half minutes of the last 5 minutes and 40 seconds of the SUPER BOWL to just tick away.

How can a team that took 4 straight tries to get to a Super Bowl have that little concern when they find themselves 5 minutes away from defeat after finally getting there.

For all appearances they quit. And at this level that is just a shame. The fans of the Eagles deserved a better effort than they received. And it becomes even more frustrating when you consider that they overcame a lot of turnovers to only be down 10 points in the 4th quarter.

The performance of the entire Eagles organization over the last 5 minutes of the game was completely inexcusable. They quit.

I posted this on another poll ...but I think it fits better here. ( sorry for the repeat )

From the way I felt watching the Eagles yesterday , they seemed like the fat girl at prom ....just happy to be there. I expected A LOT more intensity.

T.O. is the exception , he clearly wanted it.

I thought the defense of the Eagles played very well, especially in the first half.

To have their offense (mainly McNabb), roll over in the fourth quarter was unfair to the team and it's fans.

There is NO excuse for the terrible clock management in the last two drives. I thought McNabb had more fortitude and was a better leader than he displayed last night. :D

Congrats to T.O. though, he's the real deal. :D

I posted this on another poll ...but I think it fits better here.  ( sorry for the repeat )

From the way I felt watching the Eagles yesterday , they seemed like the fat girl at prom ....just happy to be there. I expected A LOT more intensity.

T.O. is the exception , he clearly wanted it.

687845[/snapback]

If I were TO I would be very disgusted the way the rest of the team gave up. The guy is there after making a miraculous recovery and has a great game all for nothing.

I didn't understand what the Eagles were doing the last 5 minutes.

And I really didn't understand why Mcnabb rolled out with 46 seconds on the clock on the 4 and threw a pass to the middle of the field to the 4.

Why not chuck it out of bounds and keep some valuable time on the clock??

I didn't understand what the Eagles were doing the last 5 minutes.

And I really didn't understand why Mcnabb rolled out with 46 seconds on the clock on the 4 and threw a pass to the middle of the field to the 4.

Why not chuck it out of bounds and keep some valuable time on the clock??

687881[/snapback]

Exactly!

I think it comes down to coaching. I have seen High School teams that looked better coached than the Eagles over that last 5 minutes.