[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More Rumors for 3/2

Vote Quimby2

WHO

Derrick Mason

INTERESTED

Jaguars

Ravens

Bengals

Giants

Jets

49ers

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - Mason, the top receiver on the free-agent market, has no shortage of teams lobbying for his services. According to The Florida Times-Union, Mason has narrowed his choices down to Jacksonville, Baltimore, Cincinnati and both New York teams.

"I don't want it to last long and I don't think it will, but I am not going to rush into things either," Mason told The Tennessean. "I want to go to a team that's a contender, and a team that needs a wideout. I feel like I am sitting in a good position right now."

The Jaguars might have the inside track because they recently hired Mason's position coach in Tennessee, Steve Walters. Mason, who was cut by the Titans on Feb. 21, had 191 catches and 15 touchdowns the past two seasons. Despite being slightly undersized at 5-11, Mason is considered a No. 1-caliber receiver.

WHO

Randy Moss

INTERESTED

Vikings

Raiders

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - The Raiders' acquisition of Randy Moss in a trade with the Vikings probably will be announced Wednesday. The swap calls for Oakland to send linebacker Napoleon Harris, the No. 7 pick in April's draft and a late-round pick to Minnesota.

The Raiders have asked the Vikings to restructure Moss' eight-year, $75 million contract, a potential hurdle along with the passing of physicals that could delay the announcement until Thursday, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

WHO

Samari Rolle

INTERESTED

Chiefs

Redskins?

Cowboys?

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - The Chiefs, looking for veteran help at cornerback, are expected to meet with Rolle today, according to multiple reports. The Chiefs are also interested in Fred Smoot, Ken Lucas and Patrick Surtain, reports The Kansas City Star.

The Redskins were believed to be on the verge of signing Rolle, but the Washington Times is reporting that the team is cooling on Rolle because his price tag is too high. However, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Redskins remain interested in signing Rolle and are prepared to give him a $15 million signing bonus.

Rolle, recently cut by the Titans, was an All-Pro in 2000. Rolle's 2004 season was cut short by a knee injury, but he's believed to be fully recovered.

The Cowboys have also expressed interest in Rolle.

WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

Edgerrin James

INTERESTED

Colts

Dolphins?

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - James has hired Miami-based agent Drew Rosenhaus, but there's still a lot standing in the way of James playing for the Dolphins. James was recently named the Colts' franchise player, so the Dolphins would have to give the Colts two first-round picks to sign James.

James could be traded, but the Colts would likely want more than just cornerback Patrick Surtain, who is Miami's only real trade asset. Still, Rosenhaus plans to explore all possibilities.

"He'd love to play for the Dolphins," Rosenhaus told The Miami Herald. "And it would be a quick way for Miami to erase the Ricky Williams stuff, and just what the doctor ordered for a young quarterback and a line looking to develop. It sure seems to make sense."

WHO

Jeremiah Trotter

INTERESTED

Eagles

Chiefs

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - The Eagles haven't been able to reach Jeremiah Trotter's agent for several days, an indication that the team's offer to the linebacker was unsatisfactory, The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

According to the newspaper, a league source said Tuesday night that Trotter's agent, Jimmy Sexton, told Trotter that he'll have to look elsewhere for a better deal. Two league sources have said that Chiefs are prepared to make an offer to Trotter.

WHO

Dexter Coakley

INTERESTED

Cowboys

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - The Cowboys released Coakley on March 1, but according to The Dallas Morning News, the team hopes to bring Coakley back at a reduced price. Coakley, a starter at linebacker since 1997, was scheduled to count $4.7 million against the 2005 salary cap. Now that Coakley has been cut, the team will take only a $1.8 million hit.

"These are difficult decisions when they involve people of the class and character of a Dexter Coakley," Cowboys owner and GM Jerry Jones said in a statement. "Hopefully, his future as a player in the NFL will include the Dallas Cowboys."

WHO

Chris Samuels

INTERESTED

Redskins

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - The Redskins have reached a contract extension agreement with Samuels, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports. The five-year left tackle, who has been a starter since his rookie season, agreed late Tuesday to a new seven-year contract worth $46.5 million.

By signing Samuels to a new deal, the Redskins have put themselves well under the $85.5 million salary cap, giving them the ability to pursue free agents and make trades.

WHO

Laveranues Coles

INTERESTED

Redskins

Jets

Ravens

Bucs

Vikings

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - Even though the Redskins have re-signed LT Chris Samuels, recouping $3 million-$5 million in cap room in the process, the much-talked about trade that would send Coles to the Jets remains unlikely, reports ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

The Jets were interested in swapping WR Santana Moss for Coles, but the Jets backed away from the deal over the weekend when the representatives for Coles apprised New York officials that their client would likely want to upgrade his contract if traded.

Several teams, including the Ravens, Vikings and Buccaneers, are believed to be interested in Coles.

WHO

Brad Johnson

INTERESTED

Buccaneers

Cardinals

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - The Cardinals' short list of veteran quarterbacks to compete with Josh McCown includes Brad Johnson, who was cut by Tampa Bay on Tuesday, The Arizona Republic reports.

Johnson played for coach Dennis Green when he was with the Vikings, from 1992-1998. The team also has expressed interested in recently released veterans Kurt Warner and Jeff Garcia.

WHO

Donovin Darius

INTERESTED

Jaguars

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - Even though Darius has signed the $4.97 million franchise tender with the Jaguars, Darius wants to out of Jacksonville, reports The Florida Times-Union. If the Jaguars elect not to trade Darius, the safety will have no choice but to play for the Jags in '05 or lose almost $5 million.

Trading Darius won't be easy. An interested team would have to agree to a long-term contract with Darius, something the Jags have been trying to do for three years.

WHO

Jason Ferguson

INTERESTED

Jets

THE SKINNY

Cowboys Mar. 2 - Unrestricted free-agent nose tackle Jason Ferguson rejected an offer from the Jets and will sign with the Cowboys, reuniting with former Jets coach Bill Parcells, the Newark Star-Ledger reports.

Ferguson, coveted by Dallas because of his ability to play in a 3-4 scheme, had 59 tackles and 3½ sacks last season.

WHO

Gerard Warren

INTERESTED

Browns

THE SKINNY

Broncos Mar. 2 - Cleveland and Denver have agreed on a trade that would send Browns defensive tackle Gerard Warren to the Broncos for a fourth-round draft choice, but financial details remain to be completed, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports.

Those details revolve around how, and how much, Warren will be paid in the final season of his original NFL contract. Denver officials, who apprised Warren's representative of the trade agreement on Monday evening, are to speak to agent Joel Segal on Tuesday in an effort to reach an accord.

Another issue that must be addressed is what position Warren will play in Denver as the Broncos switch to a 3-4 defensive front in 2005.

WHO

Joe Jurevicius

INTERESTED

Buccaneers

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - There's still hope that Joe Jurevicius will finish his career with the Buccaneers. Jurevicius, one of four players cut by the Bucs on Tuesday, might return for another season, The Tampa Tribune reports.

"I don't want to write the final chapter to Joe Jurevicius' story just yet," Tampa Bay GM Bruce Allen told the newspaper. "We've made an offer to Joe for him to come back."

WHO

Wayne Chrebet

INTERESTED

Jets

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - Wayne Chrebet has received his $250,000 roster bonus, meaning he might somehow remain with the Jets despite rampant speculation to the contrary, The New York Post reports.

WHO

Mike Wahle

INTERESTED

Panthers?

Rams

Giants

Chargers

THE SKINNY

Mar. 2 - Wahle was released by the Packers on March 1, and it won't be long before the veteran left guard finds a new home. Wahle's agent, Neil Cornrich, has already been fielding offers, and according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Panthers, Rams, Giants and Chargers are among the teams

Wow...did you type all that? If so, a lot of people should be thanking you. I have "Insider", but I'm pretty sure the web page won't let me highlight the text.

717660[/snapback]

You can't copy and paste. I try not to post Insider stuff but when there is something I do want to post I have to save it as text and do a little formatting first.

I believe the Jets should be added to the list of teams interested in Brad Johnson. Pennington is out of action for awhile recovering from off-season shoulder surgery, so signing a backup QB to replace Quincy carter is high on the Jets' to-do list. Recent reports have them more interested in Brad Johnson than in jay Fiedler.

I believe the Jets should be added to the list of teams interested in Brad Johnson.  Pennington is out of action for awhile recovering from off-season shoulder surgery, so signing a backup QB to replace Quincy carter is high on the Jets' to-do list.  Recent reports have them more interested in Brad Johnson than in jay Fiedler.

717858[/snapback]

Yes, but Johnson might not want a place where he knows he has no chance to start (barring injury). I would think he'd much rather go to Arizona, which has his old coach who loves vet QBs, GREAT recievers, and more opportunity.

Wow...did you type all that? If so, a lot of people should be thanking you. I have "Insider", but I'm pretty sure the web page won't let me highlight the text.

717660[/snapback]

For some reason it would let me copy the rumor section the last two days so I figured I might as well post it while it allows it. On my mac at home it has no problem copying and pasting the text.