[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players Championship

Squeegiebo

Best field of any tourney all season. And one of my favorite courses. Hopefully I'll get to leave work early and watch a lot of it tomorrow. :D

So - who do you like? One of the "Big Four"?

I played Woods, Donald, Westwood, Harrington, and Clarke (passing over Mahan and Gamez), so you can be pretty confident that none of those will win (except, of course, Mahan and Gamez).

Any thoughts?

Steve Jones!

I'd like to see another Tiger vs Phil ending, and I'd pick Phil this time. But VJ sure looks focused right now, hard to count him out.

Sergio had a good day today too. And Duval was ONLY 4 over!

I picked Mickelson, Singh, Harrington, Furyk, and Perry. Furyk has placed consistently well in this tournament, and Perry seems to be a streaky type of player, so with Perry winning last week, I was disappointed that they both shot opening round 74's. I am still pretty confident with the other three picks, although I was surprised to hear Phil make a comment about not being very focused on some shots Thursday. For someone who supposedly showed up earlier than anyone else to prepare for this tournament, I can't understand why he would admit to not concentrating 100% of the time.

Anyway, I just hope my decision to not pick Els, Woods, or Goosen doesn't come back to haunt me.....

Rain delay right now.

Saw in interview with Phil this morning. While he spent last week at Sawgrass practicing, over the weekend he went to Augusta for a couple days to practice. Might be he lost a little "focus" jumping from one course to the other. He did have 7 birdies yesterday.

It'd be fun to see Sergio put together 4 good rounds and make a run at it. Off to a good start.