[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Illinois Is In The Final

Chargerz

With their 72-57 conquest of Louisville, the Illini are in Monday's final game! Roger Powell stepped up big time, and Illinois' front court came to play. I can hardly wait!!! :D

:D:D:DGO ILLINI!!! :D:D:D

NC is the favorite at my book -2.5

763099[/snapback]

Mine's at -3. As an Illini fan, it pained me to no end clicking the "submit" button when I took UNC at that spread. They're just as good offensively - if not better - than the mighty Orange Krush. But man, those 'Heels are relentless. I have a feeling the spread is going to move up to 3.5 or perhaps even 4, so getting it at 3 was something I was fine with. Once the o/u comes out, I'll probably throw down a bit more - perhaps a bet including the Krush winning (cuz it might just happen!). In any case, two great games... and Monday night's game will prove to be a classic. Before my book came out -3 UNC, I had already called it: UNC 83 Illinois 80. :D .... but I am rootin' for my boys in orange to be able to run with the Tar Heels and play tough D down the stretch for the W. Go Illinois! :D

In my opinion, it sucks that the Heels may be able to beat the Illini on sheer talent alone, even though the Illini seem to be the smarter, more savvy and battle-tested team.

763159[/snapback]

That's the essence of the match-up. This game should be a classic!!

Guest dabears

Campus was entirely blocked off almost all weekend. Kids were jumping on the Alma Mater, hugging and kissing it...just pure pandamonium going on. Tons of stands on the corners, absolutely everyone wearing orange or blue all weekend.

Cats and dogs living together, mas-a-steria!

Can't wait for Bruce to come back to the station for another interview!

Good luck to the guys, they deserve it. Kind of glad it's not an all Big 10 tourney, would have been cool, but this game should be much better.

Edit: Just heard. There was an estimated 8000 people around the Quad area of campus-alone. What I thought was interesting: Only 3 arrests made. There's like four times that each weekend night w/out any sports going on. Awesome :D

Edited by dabears

In my opinion, it sucks that the Heels may be able to beat the Illini on sheer talent alone, even though the Illini seem to be the smarter, more savvy and battle-tested team.

763159[/snapback]

Ummm....begging your pardon but it doesn't get much more battle-tested than being in the ACC.

And Illinois is used to those Rosie O'Donnell bus trips during this tournament! :D

Last year both teams were essentially the same, and North Carolina beat the Illini at Chapel Hill, 88-81. I wonder if Bruce Weber is going to play the revenge card in his pre-game peptalk?

Ummm....begging your pardon but it doesn't get much more battle-tested than being in the ACC. 

And Illinois is used to those Rosie O'Donnell bus trips during this tournament!    :D

765154[/snapback]

Let's see, GT and Wake get punk'd by lesser teams and Wisconsin and MSU make nice runs.... do the math.

It'll be cool to see the Illini win because:

-They're a great team and a joy to watch.

-would be good to have a Big-10 team win it all.

-Weber seems like a good guy, despite his annoying voice.

and oh by the way,

-Their only loss would've been at the hands of the OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!

If the Illini win, they can enjoy the dual title of National Champs AND the Buckeyes' beeyatches for a year :D

Let's see, GT and Wake get punk'd by lesser teams and Wisconsin and MSU make nice runs.... do the math.

765215[/snapback]

C'mon darin...you do the math...one game in the NCAA tournament a team does not make. Skip Bayless of ESPN has it right on that count...any team can get hot and make a run in the tournament...you really gonna take Wisconsin or MSU in a best of three/five/seven against GT or Wake? Didn't think so. 'Cause you know who the better team is.