[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sheffield?

chiefjay

I can't believe no topics on this. I thought maybe one just to discuss it at least.

My two cents. I'm sick of the Red Sox and their fans to an extent, but Sheffield is a moron.

I'm not exactly sure what that fan was doing, but he wasn't taking a swipe at Sheff.

His reaction reminded my of Stephen Jackson's reaction last November, *** your arm and throw punches, luckily he didn't do the latter.

Hey Sheff, how about you just point the guy out to security.

I can't believe people are praising Sheffield for his ability to calm down quickly and not throw punches at a fan, even Red Sox players. What a hero.

Pathetic.

im not taking anyones side on this. the fan shouldnt of done what he was doing, and apparently he touched or hit Sheffield. Sheffield shouldnt of pushed back but thank god he didnt make this a brawl. So really it was both of their faults but the faults weren't bug so nobody really cares

The guys hand was 2 feet from a rolling ball and he still "swipes" at it? Come on, he was no where near the ball... I don't care who you are, if you are at work and have your head down doing your job and someone smacks you in hte head, you are going to react!

I praise Sheffield for self control; as for the guy who smacks him and then still taunts him form the stands.. what a pusssssy!

Almost as big a pusssy as the guy in the Gap shirt that throws his beer at Sheffield then falls down scrambling away from him. That guy should have his tickets taken away; I couldn't believe that the ESPN guys didn't see it or make a comment about it! IT was clear the guy threw his beer!

Almost as big a pusssy as the guy in the Gap shirt that throws his beer at Sheffield then falls down scrambling away from him. That guy should have his tickets taken away; I couldn't believe that the ESPN guys didn't see it or make a comment about it! IT was clear the guy threw his beer!

780530[/snapback]

That guy was actually a fat chick who bailed (along with her beverage) as soon as Sheffield pushed back.

I don't like the Yankees or Sheffield, but that guy took a swipe at him, no doubt about that. It wasnt a punch, more like he tried to knock Sheffield's hat off, but a definite attempt to interfere with him fielding the ball. Yes, Sheffield deserves credit for not taking the guy out. Not a lot of credit, but he did the right thing. Boston fans, at least a substantial number of them, are major league D heads. Come to think of it, most crowds at baseball games have a substantial number of D heads in it.

To start with I am a long time Yankee fan.

I believe the ongoing investigation will determine what actually occurred and where to place blame.

Personally I believe Shef acted correctly by pushing fan back where he belongs, then continuing with the play.

He did show restraint by not continuing his reaction.

To attempt to just blow this off or state that the fan did not try to interfere is just stupid or you weren't watching the same game I was.

Edited by jackshi17

To start with I am a long time Yankee fan.

I believe the ongoing investigation will determine what actually occurred and where to place blame.

Personally I believe Shef acted correctly by pushing fan back where he belongs, then continuing with the play.

He did show restraint by not continuing his reaction.

To attempt to just blow this off or state that the fan did not try to interfere is just stupid or you weren't watching the same game I was.

780694[/snapback]

You're a Yankee fan, enough said.

That guy was actually a fat chick who bailed (along with her beverage) as soon as Sheffield pushed back.

780559[/snapback]

The chick fell back, but the guy with her definitely threw his beer on Sheffield. Sheff did take a swing at the one fan, but it looked like he swung and missed thankfully. He was wrong for that, but I understand the reaction and can't say I'd have acted differently in his place. The fan was wrong first for interfering and making any contact with Sheffield especially when he had no chance at getting the ball...even if he could have reached the ball, you aren't supposed to interfere with a ball in play, which that obviously was. I don't think the fan actually tried to punch Sheffield, but I also don't think Sheffield knew that since he was looking down at the ball. Players on the field shouldn't have to worry about contact from the fans in the stands when they are on the field trying to do their jobs. After watching replays a million times, I really don't think Sheffield did anything terribly wrong, but my initial thought was he should probably get a game or two suspension and I don't think that would be completely unwarranted. And I am a Yankee fan.

If Sheffield gets suspended, or even fined, that would be a bad joke. The fan made first contact, with Sheffield's head. Deliberatley, in my opinion. Sheffield now has his glove on one hand, and the ball in the other. Can someone tell me how you throw a punch when your hands are occupied? It was more like a defensive push/swing of the arm, strictly a normal measure of self defense. When he did return to the stands, he didnt do anything. So, tell me where he did anything wrong?

I am a Yankee hater too, but I'm not blinded by it. More over, I HATE steroid users, so I hate Sheffield too, but some of the opinions here are clearly just knee-jerk Yankee hater reactions. The guy did nothing wrong... at all.

By the way, it was a guy who reached for the ball.... when Sheffield pushed back, he caught the hands of a woman who was holding a beverage, and that is what went flying. (so did the broad, who looked like she just saw a ghost, while the woman on her right was LHAO)

By the way, it was a guy who reached for the ball.... when Sheffield pushed back, he caught the hands of a woman who was holding a beverage, and that is what went flying.

780902[/snapback]

I was watching the game live and have seen the replay a million times. The woman may have had a beer that spilled, but the guy standing directly to her left threw his beer on Sheffield for sure. And yes, Sheffield did have the ball in his hand, but he also definitely took a swing at the guy...it was an ugly swing that missed, and while it may or may not have been deserved, he still did it. BTW, I know you probably weren't referring to me directly, but as most in here know, I am a Yankee fan, so I'm definitely not "knee-jerk reacting" to villify Sheff, I'm just trying to objectively relay what I saw.

Edited by Skrappy1

im not taking anyones side on this. the fan shouldnt of done what he was doing, and apparently he touched or hit Sheffield. Sheffield shouldnt of pushed back but thank god he didnt make this a brawl. So really it was both of their faults but the faults weren't bug so nobody really cares

780520[/snapback]

Sheffield had every right to push him back he handled the situation perfectly. Red Sox flipers

I don't like the Yankees or Sheffield, but that guy took a swipe at him, no doubt about that. It wasnt a punch, more like he tried to knock Sheffield's hat off, but a definite attempt to interfere with him fielding the ball. Yes, Sheffield deserves credit for not taking the guy out. Not a lot of credit, but he did the right thing.  Boston fans, at least a substantial number of them, are major league D heads. Come to think of it, most crowds at baseball games have a substantial number of D heads in it.

780572[/snapback]

That can be said about most idiots that get attention while 99% of the others are law abiding fans and are unnoticed. I'd like to see these guys suffer by having their seaon tickets revoked or somethng as severe. Jail may be too good for them.