[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit WR's

theeohiostate

Cris Carter just got done talking about how "quiet, reserved, and soft-spoken" Mike is, guess he hasn't logged on.

791931[/snapback]

You think a guy who trained with BMW might know? Every interview I have heard with BMW so far has left the impressions that he is a good kid and not a trash talker. He said that he wants to bring a Barry Sanders type style back to Detroit.

I don't know how 3 unproven WRs spells trouble for other teams? Receivers have to have football smarts,skills, and be in sync with their QB. The lions are totally overplaying the "young skill position" card.

791978[/snapback]

I would agree with that statement about Mike Williams, but to say that Roy and Charles are unproven, i disagree. They both have shown how dominant they can play at this level already, even this early in their careers.

The nice thing here is that you can know that not one of them will be a truly top WR because they will water down each other's numbers. Not good for fantasy purposes, but at least you don't have to worry about one of them becoming a top 5 WR anytime in the near future (if ever). Had they played as true #1's on teams with little other talent, then it would have been much more interesting.

I would agree with that statement about Mike Williams, but to say that Roy and Charles are unproven, i disagree.  They both have shown how dominant they can play at this level already, even this early in their careers.

791981[/snapback]

Rodgers does not impress me. He is rail thin. Has been hurt for 2 years. He should try to lift weights and stay healthy. Roy is a great athelete but very very raw. Does not yet know how to play the position. Williams is a young rookie, very big, not the fasted guy in the world ( not that it matters). Could end up like TO, could end up like David Boston ( injured), could eat his way into the tight end position.

Rodgers does not impress me. He is rail thin. Has been hurt for 2 years. He should try to lift weights and stay healthy. Roy is a  great athelete but very very raw. Does not yet know how to play the position. Williams is a young rookie, very big, not the fasted guy in the world ( not that it matters). Could end up like TO, could end up like David Boston ( injured), could eat his way into the tight end position.

791995[/snapback]

Tell me something, just exactly how do you work on your colarbone to get it stronger? The original injury he had was a bad break (no pune intended). If the Lions would have done surgery instead of expecting it to heal naturally he would never had the second break. Rogers was never hurt in College or High School. I agree that he could add some weith but to say that you are unimpressed with him means that you have never see the guy play. I will say this right now that he will come back and light it up. I have seen him play and the guy has got skills.

I have heard several times recently that Rogers has been hitting the weights pretty hard during rehab and added 15 pounds of muscle. Would still make him thin just not as thin.

Still think the selection of Williams doesn't fit given our other needs. However the offense should be something to behold.

I was disappointed in the pick.. I wont lie. I really wanted to go Defense with the first two picks and then pick up a WR to go with Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Kevin Johson.

That said... Mike WIlliam is a perfect fit for Mooch's short passing WCO. Then toss in Pollard...

You need a sleeper pick at QB next season... If you can figure out who is going to start at QB Joey-Jeffrey you could have a great value pick... what team in the NFC can cover those 4 guys? And with Lions so so defense they could be in some high scoring games...

And Kevin Jones.. should have room galore to run as teh Lions plan to run a lot of 3 WR sets.... should create a lot of room for KJ... with nickle backs to run by and over.

The Lions did the absolute right thing in taking Williams at #10. You don't pass up the guy who was projected to possibly be the #1 overall pick last season when he falls into your lap. Washington will be kicking themselves for years for not taking him. Patten and Moss as your #1 and #2 WRs? Please.

As for passing on one of the DE, or 'hybrid' players or D Johnson at this point, I see as no problem because all those guys were rated pretty much the same and none are considered "great" prospects. The Lions didn't pass on a J Peppers or a J Kearse at the position and #10 was too high for those other players. As recently as 3 weeks ago some of the so called experts had S Cody ranked alongside some of the aforementioned DEs. Swancutt and Cody will stack up fine against some of thier more 'name' counterparts by seasons end and Williams will put up 8-10TDs and keep the chains moving. A great way to improve a teams overall defense is to keep it off the field and the addition of Williams will help the Lions offense improve TOP and keep the D a bit fresher. Kudos to Mooch and Millen for taking the best guy available and not drafting for need as none of this years DEs were really top 10 material.