[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For all of you wondering

Dutch Oven

Just some names to think about here:

Drew Bennett

Hines Ward

Antwaan Randle El

Anquan Boldin

Arnaz Battle

Some have had more success than others, but my point here is being a college QB definitley helps in the transition to a pro WR.

807098[/snapback]

But other than Boldin, NONE had considerable success as rookies... or in their second season... or even in their THIRD season...

Bennett... year 1: 24 rcpts, 329 yds, 1 td

... year 2: 33 / 478 / 2

... year 3: 32 / 504 / 4

Ward... year 1: 15 rcpts, 246 yds, 0 td

... year 2: 61/ 638 / 7

... year 3: 48 / 672/ 4

Randle El... year 1: 47 rcpts, 489 yds, 2 tds

... year 2: 33 / 478 / 2

... year 3: 32 / 504 / 4

Battle... year 1: 0 / 0 / 0

... year 2: 8 / 143 / 0

What were you saying about an easy transition? :D

But other than Boldin, NONE had considerable success as rookies... or in their second season... or even in their THIRD season...

Bennett... year 1:  24 rcpts, 329 yds, 1 td

... year 2:  33 / 478 / 2

... year 3:  32 / 504 / 4

Ward... year 1:  15 rcpts, 246 yds, 0 td

... year 2:  61/ 638 / 7

... year 3:  48 / 672/ 4

Randle El... year 1:  47 rcpts, 489 yds, 2 tds

Battle... year 1:  0 / 0 / 0

... year 2:  8 / 143 / 0

What were you saying about an easy transition? :D

807905[/snapback]

But guess what? None of these players were drafted in the the first round or had the hype that surrounds Matt Jones. None of these players had starting roles to produce better stats. So if Matt Jones wins a starting job at WR it's probably safe to say he will out preform these respected players first years in the league.

P.S. Who the F*uck is Battle?

But guess what? None of these players were drafted in the the first round or had the hype that surrounds Matt Jones. None of these players had starting roles to produce better stats. So if Matt Jones wins a starting job at WR it's probably safe to say he will out preform these respected players first years in the league.

P.S. Who the F*uck is Battle?

808574[/snapback]

Arnaz Battle, WR for the 49ers. He played some QB at Notre Dame.

Bennett... year 1:  24 rcpts, 329 yds, 1 td

Ward... year 1:  15 rcpts, 246 yds, 0 td

... year 2:  61/ 638 / 7

... year 3:  48 / 672/ 4

807905[/snapback]

Bennett showed what he could do last year should it took him a little while but is he as athletic as Matt Jones ... probably not.

Ward is a possession received not a deep threat. I doubt Jones would be used as a possession receiver or blocking WR. Two categories which Ward is one of the best at in the league. I would say that Ward put up consistently decent numbers his second and third season. He has the money hands.

Anyway, nobody can tell how well he will adjust. He may surprise people if he works at it. I think it will be his work ethic that will be the determinate here.

Should be interesting to see how it all plays out anyway.

When did Boldin play qb for FSU?

808768[/snapback]

He was a backup QB for a while before switching to WR. I would assume he played it mostly in high school. He played briefly during the debacle that was the Sugar Bowl vs. Georgia when Rix overslept and missed an exam and was suspended. Needless to say, in that game it didn't work out too well since he had been a WR all year and was currently the #1 starting WR.

You watch.  Jones will make a highlight reel catch during a preseason game against some second string scrubs, and sure enough one of your buddies in your league will draft him in the 3rd or 4th round.

810028[/snapback]

I agree with the last two posts.

He was a backup QB for a while before switching to WR. I would assume he played it mostly in high school. He played briefly during the debacle that was the Sugar Bowl vs. Georgia when Rix overslept and missed an exam and was suspended. Needless to say, in that game it didn't work out too well since he had been a WR all year and was currently the #1 starting WR.

809909[/snapback]

Thanks for the knowledge.

You watch.  Jones will make a highlight reel catch during a preseason game against some second string scrubs, and sure enough one of your buddies in your league will draft him in the 3rd or 4th round.

810028[/snapback]

One of your buddies might win the league too.

What makes you think he is an injury risk?  Does he have an injury filled past?

805534[/snapback]

just a hunch

He's 6'7" and never played WR before. From the highlights, it didn't look to me that he knows how to protect himself while being tackled. He got jacked up a couple times at the end of those runs. . .

just a hunch

He's 6'7" and never played WR before.  From the highlights, it didn't look to me that he knows how to protect himself while being tackled.  He got jacked up a couple times at the end of those runs. . .

811000[/snapback]

He knows how to protect himself, but he has had some shoulder problems in the past.