[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady= 10 Million a year!

Rovers

Tom Brady has been signed to a new contract that gives him 10 million $ a year, through 2010. Just a radio report, but they say it's a done deal. That's what, about $600,000 per game, not including playoffs? Not too shabby.

My first thought was, "2010! That must be one of those crazy-long contracts that they just made look that way for cap purposes, he'll never play that long."

Then I remembered, that's only a 6 year deal, because it's already half way through 2005. We are truly living in the future. :D

From what I've read he will hit the cap for like over 14 million next season though. Looks as if he'll be renegotiating that amount to help with any cap problems next season. Even though I am a Spartan fan I think Brady deserves this cash for the things he's accomplished for that organization to date.

Unbelievably low contract for a 3-time Super-Bowl-winning QB and two-time Super Bowl MVP. Patriots are using the cap the way we all say we'd like to see our teams do it: stars who make millions are willing to take less in order to benefit the team. Classy.

The only problem I can foresee is, what happens when the Pats aren't winning Super Bowls (it has to happen eventually) and that touchy-feely love-fest is over? Will the players be digruntled with their contracts at that point? Still. It won't matter. The Pats and their players will at least have 3 rings. . .

This signing was done the right way all the way around, from a financial standpoint, and a public one. Both sides handled it very well, kept it all quiet and got it done. And the cap aspects will benefit the team for years to come.

Side note. Get ready for the Jackie MacMullen column in the Globe (below) to have some racial backlash, as it compares the attitudes/leadership qualities of Brady vs. Paul Pierce. All 100% dead-on true, and good for her for pointing it all out despite having to know it would be controversial in a city with the shaky racial reputation like Boston (much of it earned, much of it no different than any other big city). Guaranteed this will be yapped about all next week on PTI and the other TV/radio shows, with the "she's only slamming Pierce because he's black/praising Brady because he's white" nonsense. Bottom line, Pierce should take a lesson from Brady on how to handle being a leader. Not to devolve into an NBA discussion, but Pierce's antics after being ejected in Game 6 -- wearing a mock bandage on his face to protest being barely hit in the jaw by Jamaal Tinsley -- were preposterously immature, like a spoiled f'n child. Anyway, FWIW...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...e_professional/

:bigshock:  :bigshock:  :bigshock:  :bigshock:  :bigshock:  :bigshock:

I KNOW he's good, but COME ON!!!!!!!!!!

806178[/snapback]

Funny stuff coming from a Charger fan.

At least Brady earned his money, unlike Leaf, Rivers, and until this past year, Brees.

Add up the amount of money you've paid or will pay those three, divide by ZERO super bowl wins, and let's see what you come up with......... :D

Edited by Patsfan04

He's average as a fantasy football QB-but he's the best as a game-winning QB. If he can get that kind of $$ - he deserves it!

806216[/snapback]

Exactly. Enough said. Can we close this topic before UT gets in here and gobbles Brady's nob once again?

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Unbelievably low contract for a 3-time Super-Bowl-winning QB and two-time Super Bowl MVP.  Patriots are using the cap the way we all say we'd like to see our teams do it: stars who make millions are willing to take less in order to benefit the team.  Classy.

806321[/snapback]

Classy indeed. They're lucky that he didn't try to use those three rings as leverage for more money.

I wasn't terribly shocked that he didn't get top dollar because, frankly, he isn't the main reason that they won those three SBs. NE lives and dies by their defense. No QB... hell, no player really, is going to earn top dollar in Belichick's system. That's the price they pay for those rings.