[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams update

CaGamblers

I have Ricky Williams on my roster as a potential 8th round keeper so I am just praying that he smoked some really good pot that made him think more deeply about his life and his need to become an NFL stud again. I am crossing my fingers, my toes, my legs and my eyes in hope will come back to the only thing he can do as a occupation other then flipping burgers for minimum wage at Mickey Ds

I wouldn't take a chance on him even if he had cleared up his financial problems and a team had him in camp.  Don't waste a perfectly good 8th round pick.

816124[/snapback]

I bet you're still waiting on Barry Sanders to come back. :D

It is looking more and more likely that Ricky Williams IS indeed planning on coming back . . .

Must register to read this . . .

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ll/11690259.htm

Here is some of the article . . .

Dolphins coach Nick Saban said he has had another conversation with erstwhile running back Ricky Williams recently and that Williams is ''very, very interested'' in returning to the team.

Williams returned to the United States earlier this month after spending approximately a month in India doing yoga and holistic medical training. Williams is believed to be in California attending a school for holistic healing.

''I talked to Ricky, and Ricky still seems to be very, very interested in coming back,'' Saban said Thursday. Williams phoned Saban on Wednesday, and they spoke Thursday morning.

That's the strongest on-the-record assessment of Williams' desire to come back to football by anyone who has spoken to Williams directly. Saban has had at least three conversations with Williams since taking over as Dolphins coach in January.

Saban's comment supports what several people associated with Williams have said privately about him in recent weeks. All of those people have talked or exchanged messages with Williams and believe he will return to the Dolphins in July.

''He has a lot responsibilities and he understands that,'' a source close to Williams said.

``He knows he has people to take care of and he takes that very seriously.''

Edited by Fantasy Jesus

As much as I detest how Ricky Williams "retired" last year, I would love to see the dolphins use him for the sack of **** he is. Put him in for 3rd and short situations, goal line carries and help groom Brown and take some of the load off of him. Once he proves he can still carry the rock, dump him at the end of the season for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Have to get something for his sorry a**.