[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RW McQuarters to visit the Vikings this week

No link until he signs, but John Clayton is reporting that RW McQuarters is going to visit the Vikings this week. He also planning visiting a few other teams...Detroit

Bears homers - why was he cut? Salary or he sucked. If he signed with us, he would be a Nickel Back, proabaly special teams. Unless - Cory Chavous (safety) and Brian Williams (Nickel Back - demoted with the smoot signing) are holding out because they are unhappy with their contracts. Maybe RW will be signed to play safety?

From a KFAN rep who has close ties with the team

despite the John Clayton report, just talked to Brzezinski and they've done background work on R.W., but no visit is scheduled at this time...they like his return game more than anything, but there is also a belief he will sign with a team where he can play a fair amount of corner, and that won't happen here.

This guy from KFAN posted on the MB that he wasn't coming

Now he posted that he is..

Brzezinski just left me a message, saying sometimes Doogie, you know more than me...and it turns out RW McQuarters will be there tomorrow for a visit.

Darren Wolfson

KFAN Radio AM 1130

Maybe the vikes still have a chance in getting him...

I still would like to know why the bears cut him....anybody???

bump...Why did he get cut? Salary? Did he play safey last year?

Tice said this morning he anticipates a signing, but he aint the money man.

830760[/snapback]

Salary, I believe. He certainly doesn't suck. He played some saftey, but is a better corner, IMO. He can return punts/kicks, too.

I think the Redskins are also in the running, especially with the Sean Taylor debacle. A dark horse, however, may be the Chargers. With Moss now in Oakland, McQuarters would be a perfect situational/backup DB, since he has experience covering Moss when they were with the Bears/Vikings, respectively.

With Moss now in Oakland, McQuarters would be a perfect situational/backup DB, since he has experience covering Moss when they were with the Bears/Vikings, respectively.

835130[/snapback]

Oh yes, he has experience all right. The first game against the Vikings last year he had Moss to himself. This resulted in 7 catches, 119 yards, and 2 TD's.

It was more fault of the coaching staff who came up with this scheme, since there aren't many CB's that can go a full game with Moss, and none of them start with the letters McQ.

Oh yes, he has experience all right. The first game against the Vikings last year he had Moss to himself. This resulted in 7 catches, 119 yards, and 2 TD's.

It was more fault of the coaching staff who came up with this scheme, since there aren't many CB's that can go a full game with Moss, and none of them start with the letters McQ.

835153[/snapback]

No one said he did WELL against Moss. :D

And hey, that's a pretty average game for Moss... :D

But with Jammer & McQuarters on Moss with Kiel providing safety support... I'll take that, as a Bolts fan. Especially since its Kerry *burp* Collins tossin' the rock.