[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunday Ticket vs Sunday Drive

Nate Dawg

Hi, all! With all of the hubub about DirecTV adding a $99 charge for the HD games, I am seriously considering not subscribing to the Sunday Ticket this year. I have had it since '95 and am not sure I can live without it.

What I was interested in knowing is how many FFLers out there have gone from Sunday Ticket to Sirius for their NFL coverage on Sunday and how they compare. I spend every Sunday in my house watching games, so it doesn't matter to me as far as being out and about.

Anyone have thoughts? Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Radio gives a false sense of something big happening, then you get pissed when you cant see what they are talking about.  Anyone else feel that way?

833470[/snapback]

It's nice to have in addition to TV. I wouldn't use it to replace Sunday Ticket though. They have radio all week that is worth the price.

I have Sirius. I just cancelled the Sunday Ticket. I'll just be happy to watch the Lions in HD this year. Maybe I'll sit with the laptop in the living room this year, but Sunday Drive won't replace the Sunday Ticket for me.

I can't Live during the season without Direct TV!!!!!! With 4 TV's going watching all the games keeping up with what's going on in FF I couldn't do it with a radio and besides I pay way too much not to be able to see!

It depends on the situation. If you have a favorite team and you want to see all their games, you want Sunday Ticket it would seem. If you want updates and stats, then the NFL Network TV channel broadcasts a running scoreboard on video and the SIRIUS "Highlight" on audio. This SIRIUS channel jumps around to all games and breaks in for updates from a correspondant constantly. This is pretty sweet, especially if you team is on Sunday/Monday night and you want to just get all the updates.

SIRUIS NFL channel during the week is great. Movin' the Chains is probably my favorite. The Tim Ryan/Shannon Sharpe team on Mon and Fri. is really good. Can't wait until this season, I didn't get it until Christmas last year.

:D

I have Sirius and am content watching the Giant & Jet games along with the Sunday night game and Monday games on TV. I coach football and wouldn't have that much TV time on my hands anyway on Sunday. I have a DVR to record the games and watch later. Just a question for some of you, how do you watch multiple games and so on? If you're watching purely for FF I guess you're just looking for highlights but, how can you get into a game trying to watch others. Sirius is a great thing to have by the computer when you're going through scores or whatever but my football time is focused for one game at a time.

My brother-in-law had the Ticket and had me come over to watch the games one Sunday. He said he never missed a play. He started swithiching between channels and I watched about 20 minutes of commercials before I finally saw a play. Needless to say I left, seasick and disappointed. :D