[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons/Spurs

whomper

Sure you don't want to rethink that?

Nice try, Pee-ston fans.  Man, up big in the first, on the road, and you crap the bed like that?  This might be a sweep.  :D

837255[/snapback]

Why the hate for the Pistons? Anything to do with the ass kickings they gave the Lakers in 04 and 89?

Sure you don't want to rethink that?

Nice try, Pee-ston fans.  Man, up big in the first, on the road, and you crap the bed like that?  This might be a sweep.  :D

837255[/snapback]

Yeah, laid an egg for sure last night. Sweep eh? Surely you jest.

Wow, I'm late for this...

I say Spurs in 6, but with how Game 1 went, I'm wondering: Sweep?! :D

I couldn't believe how bad Spurs played for the first 5 minutes....looked like they hadn't played for a month.

Pistons just looked awful; 69 points is pretty bad; they were so tired, that they shot worth crap, and the defense was nonexistent... :D

How does everyone think Game Two will go?

Why the hate for the Pistons?  Anything to do with the ass kickings they gave the Lakers in 04 and 89?

837371[/snapback]

Eh, not so much.

More like:

1. Rasheed Wallace = idiot

2. Larry Brown = turning into an idiot

3. Piston fans

4. DEEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAASKETBALLLLLLL (What in God's name is that? Gotta be the most ree-tarded thing I've ever heard)

That's about it.

Wow, I'm late for this...

I say Spurs in 6, but with how Game 1 went, I'm wondering: Sweep?!  :D

I couldn't believe how bad Spurs played for the first 5 minutes....looked like they hadn't played for a month.

Pistons just looked awful; 69 points is pretty bad; they were so tired, that they shot worth crap, and the defense was nonexistent... :D

How does everyone think Game Two will go?

837420[/snapback]

Doubt Game 2 will START like Game 1, but it will have the same outcome: double-digit Spur win.

Expect some more scoring, say in the low 100's for the Spurs, low 90's for the Pee-stons.

More Parker & Duncan in Game 2. Rasheed will get a technical (I know, big stretch there). Billups will have a bad shooting night. Rip will go for 25+.

837420[/snapback]

that's for sure. but can you imagine playing phoenix, taking a week off, then playing detroit? talk about two teams that couldn't possibly be more different. that has to be quite an adjustment.

once they got comfortable in the second half though, the spurs looked absolutely awesome.

that's for sure.  but can you imagine playing phoenix, taking a week off, then playing detroit?  talk about two teams that couldn't possibly be more different.  that has to be quite an adjustment. 

once they got comfortable  in the second half though, the spurs looked absolutely awesome.

837852[/snapback]

In fact, the Spurs have had a bunch of time between ALL of their series this playoffs.

Case in point: Playing the Nuggets, they were forced to get a bit more physical (sort of like with the Pistons). Dispensed of them, then got to wait for Seattle. Seattle changed it up, played some small-ball on them (which Detroit can and will do more of), and then dispensed of them. Then came the Suns, who played the wide-open high-scoring game. Which, as we all know now, the Spurs were able to handle just the same. So to say that Detroit is somehow going to cause the Spurs to have to make major adjustments is partially true, but shouldn't (and won't) make much of a difference.

Doubt Game 2 will START like Game 1, but it will have the same outcome: double-digit Spur win.

Expect some more scoring, say in the low 100's for the Spurs, low 90's for the Pee-stons.

More Parker & Duncan in Game 2.  Rasheed will get a technical (I know, big stretch there).  Billups will have a bad shooting night.  Rip will go for 25+.

837613[/snapback]

Not sure the Pee-stons get to the 90's...I was thinking 80's...but whatever

Sheed wiill have 0 technicals :D

Billups...he'll either suck, or pull a big one

Rip will go for 25+ at least once; but will it be Game Two?

Also, what happened to Hunter?!

that's for sure.  but can you imagine playing phoenix, taking a week off, then playing detroit?  talk about two teams that couldn't possibly be more different.  that has to be quite an adjustment. 

once they got comfortable  in the second half though, the spurs looked absolutely awesome.

837852[/snapback]

True, true. :D

In fact, the Spurs have had a bunch of time between ALL of their series this playoffs.

Case in point:  Playing the Nuggets, they were forced to get a bit more physical (sort of like with the Pistons).  Dispensed of them, then got to wait for Seattle. Seattle changed it up, played some small-ball on them (which Detroit can and will do more of), and then dispensed of them.  Then came the Suns, who played the wide-open high-scoring game.  Which, as we all know now, the Spurs were able to handle just the same.  So to say that Detroit is somehow going to cause the Spurs to have to make major adjustments is partially true, but shouldn't (and won't) make much of a difference.

837865[/snapback]

So, I assume this will be 5 games or less? Anyone believe strongly for a sweep?

The Pistons could have picked Dwayne Wade or Carmelo last year but pick Darko instead.

"The Detroit Pistons’ Darko Milicic, the second overall draft choice in the 2003 NBA Draft, who previously had amassed a grand total of 0 points, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and 3 rebounds in the Pistons first 21 games, exploded for a triple-double yesterday. The highly touted Milicic, who had previously played only 17 minutes this year, recorded his triple double in pregame warm-ups before Tuesday’s game at the Palace at Auburn Hills against the Philadelphia 76ers."

They deserve to lose.

The Pistons could have picked Dwayne Wade or Carmelo last year but pick Darko instead.

"The Detroit Pistons’ Darko Milicic, the second overall draft choice in the 2003 NBA Draft, who previously had amassed a grand total of 0 points, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and 3 rebounds in the Pistons first 21 games, exploded for a triple-double yesterday. The highly touted Milicic, who had previously played only 17 minutes this year, recorded his triple double in pregame warm-ups before Tuesday’s game at the Palace at Auburn Hills against the Philadelphia 76ers."

They deserve to lose.

838567[/snapback]

!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

They deserve to lose.

838567[/snapback]

:D MORANS

Imagine if they did take someone other than Darko.  They might have won the title, then make it back to the Finals the following year.

838610[/snapback]

This seems like a familiar circumstance... :D

i still think darko could be the shizit someday.

better than wade or carmelo? ok, maybe not, but still..

edit: but then again, if the pistons took carmelo, larry brown would probably still have HIM on the bench and everybody'd be saying what a bust he was. maybe with LB gone next year darko can start getting some minutes.

Edited by Azazello1313

• 2 weeks later...