[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to the Batman Begins 400 at MIS.

Puddy

[At least this race had to better than the F1 US Grand Prix.  What did they have, 6 cars run?

847316[/snapback]

There are some PISSED people here in Indy over that fiasco. What a joke. F1 may be done in the States now. A few years ago Shumacher "gives" a victory to his teammate by slowing down at the finish line, and now this. People are not happy with F1 or Michelin today. . .

There are some PISSED people here in Indy over that fiasco.  What a joke.  F1 may be done in the States now.  A few years ago Shumacher "gives" a victory to his teammate by slowing down at the finish line, and now this.  People are not happy with F1 or Michelin today. . .

848460[/snapback]

Too bad. If I where going to pay top $$$ to see a race, this would be it. I just don't care about NASCAR anymore. The quality has gone way down. Too many young kids. Indy is okay, but way too many non-road races.

Too bad.  If I where going to pay top $$$ to see a race, this would be it.  I just don't care about NASCAR anymore.  The quality has gone way down.  Too many young kids.  Indy is okay, but way too many non-road races.

848572[/snapback]

I don't see how the quality in NASCAR has gone down. All of the best open wheel drivers keep migrating to NASCAR. Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Ryan Newman, Kasey Kahne, Robby Gordon and Casey Mears to name a few are all former open wheel drivers that came over to NASCAR. If you can name one driver that has migrated from NASCAR to Indy cars in the last five years I'll start to take you seriously again. The money is better in NASCAR for three reasons, the tv contracts are bigger, the sponsorship money is more abundant and people actually buy tickets and merchandise for the races. People don't care about Indy cars that's why their stands are half empty. Formula One is normally fun to watch, but it has a European mentallity to it. NASCAR drivers don't give wins away(Schumaker), and we haven't had a fiasco like this past weekend in NASCAR.

Drivers go to NASCAR because of the money, nothing else.

They have the money because the Indy Car series fell apart, spliting into two seperate series about 10-15 years ago. There is no major auto series in this country that can compete.

They where always more popular, but with the demise of Indy, they exploded.

Now, I say the quality has gone down because I can't seem to catch more than 10 minutes without a caution coming out. More than not, it's some rookie at the back that has spun. 43 cars in a race. Too much.

I like watching a race, not a series of connected sprints. There are two sprint tracks within 5 miles of my house. If I wanted to see that, I'd go there. Show me a 500 mile race, not 10-15 30-50 sprints with many pitstops in between.

Drivers go to NASCAR because of the money, nothing else.

They have the money because the Indy Car series fell apart, spliting into two seperate series about 10-15 years ago.  There is no major auto series in this country that can compete.

They where always more popular, but with the demise of Indy, they exploded.

Now, I say the quality has gone down because I can't seem to catch more than 10 minutes without a caution coming out.  More than not, it's some rookie at the back that has spun.  43 cars in a race.  Too much.

I like watching a race, not a series of connected sprints.  There are two sprint tracks within 5 miles of my house.  If I wanted to see that, I'd go there.  Show me a 500 mile race, not 10-15 30-50 sprints with many pitstops in between.

848603[/snapback]

A lot of the cautions have to do with the rear spoiler changes and the softening of the tires. These were NASCAR implemented ideas that have hurt the racing. There's a lot of talent.

A lot of the cautions have to do with the rear spoiler changes and the softening of the tires.  These were NASCAR implemented ideas that have hurt the racing.  There's a lot of talent.

849027[/snapback]

Maybe, but there are a lot of young kids in those cars today. Used to be you had to do YEARS in Busch/ARCA, now it's YEAR. Gordon changed all that. Teams want the instant payoff or you're out and a new kid is in. Problem is they get too anxious and cause wrecks.

Anyway, whatever the reason for the number of cautions, the quality of the product has still lowered. Too many single digit laps under green at the end. Like college basketball, just watch the last 5 minutes.

open wheel racing is faster and more precise. stock cars are all about drafting, bumping, crashing. it can be fairly entertaining, but i'd rather follow open-wheel. if they could ever get their chit together and offer the american fan ONE circuit with all the best drivers, i'd be a racing fan again.

One circuit to keep an eye on is the "World of Outlaws", or sprint cars.  This series is a blast to watch and many guys like Stewart, Newman, Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne got started here.

850025[/snapback]

They come to my local track a few races a season. My parents where into it for a while and I've been to a few races, although none in about ten years.

They are fast and short. I don't like it enough to follow it, but I've thought about going once or twice. Basically, they're very big go carts. Mud track, open wheels, no transmission.