[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Sig bet of the Season?

T-Scorp

Culpepper has the potential to be a big bust this year.

no real running game this year and no moss.

bunch of medicore recievers.

the 6 points for the td takes away the advantage for the rushing tds.

I would side with the Culpepper is not a top 5.

847705[/snapback]

QUOTE(darin3 @ 6/20/05 06:25pm)

No real running game? Huh? Bennett's healthy for the first time leading into a season. Moore proved he is a borderline stud when given the featured role. Williams is a competent short-yardage guy. What's not to like here?

No Moss? OK so C-Pepp's numbers dipped when Moss was out... for the INITIAL game Moss was out. The following games, C-Pepp locked on with Burleson, Wiggins, and ran a bit more. The continuance of C-Pepp to Burleson will be even more pronounced this season. The addition of a speedy Williamson will also help.

There is still an advantage for C-Pepp's rushing TDs because he's the only QB that gets them with any regularity. He'll throw just as many TDs as any other QB (save Manning and perhaps 1-2 others), but it's his ability to RUSH for TDs that makes him special.

He will be top 5. Probably top 3. :D

:D

All I got to say is 5 more ints will not get you into the top 5 lone the top 3.

Edited by moneymakers

One game does not a season make...

984949[/snapback]

:D

Someone brought up a p[otential hole in the wording, so I just want to make sure you and I are on the same page.

Minimum 10 games played is there for injury protection for you. If Culpepper gets benched for playing like sphincter, I wouldn't think that would get you out of losing. If he dresses for a game and sits because he sucks, that counts as 'playing' IMHO. Where are you in that?

I'm in the same camp as you. The ten game minimum was for injury to Culpepper. Being benched would count as a game played.

I am starting to get a little nervous...especially with some of the numbers are starting to put up! Although, I think he is ahead of Manning after two weeks!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Did you go Back to the Future?  :D

I just love it when people attempt to predict injuries...  :D

847790[/snapback]

Daunte Culpepper - QB, Minnesota Vikings 10/04/05

Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper has played nearly the entire season with a sprained medial collateral ligament and bursitis in his right knee, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Culpepper suffered the injury in the first quarter of the Sept. 11 season opener against Tampa Bay. The injury did not become public until the following week, but its exact nature had been unknown until Culpepper revealed it Monday.

Huddle Up: "There's swelling, and it's painful, but I'm a warrior," Culpepper said. "I'm going to push through this." Reason? Excuse? Does it matter? Culpepper's and the Vikings are a mess. If any team ever needed a bye week, it's Minnesota.

QUOTE(moneymakers @ 6/20/05 06:00pm)

Culpepper has the potential to be a big bust this year.

no real running game this year and no moss.

bunch of medicore recievers.

the 6 points for the td takes away the advantage for the rushing tds.

I would side with the Culpepper is not a top 5.

QUOTE(darin3 @ 6/20/05 06:25pm)

No real running game? Huh? Bennett's healthy for the first time leading into a season. Moore proved he is a borderline stud when given the featured role. Williams is a competent short-yardage guy. What's not to like here?

No Moss? OK so C-Pepp's numbers dipped when Moss was out... for the INITIAL game Moss was out. The following games, C-Pepp locked on with Burleson, Wiggins, and ran a bit more. The continuance of C-Pepp to Burleson will be even more pronounced this season. The addition of a speedy Williamson will also help.

There is still an advantage for C-Pepp's rushing TDs because he's the only QB that gets them with any regularity. He'll throw just as many TDs as any other QB (save Manning and perhaps 1-2 others), but it's his ability to RUSH for TDs that makes him special.

He will be top 5. Probably top 3.

And you would have also cow laughed if someone said Eli would out performed Peyton :D.

Already cried... :D I'm now laughing at how 5 wins could win the NFC North!

He's not throwing ny interceptions this week. :D

Yes, Nick, it was a bold move. What did you know that made you do it?

Adding - Simeon Rice on Total Access thanking the Vikings for giving them Chris Hovan for nothng. :D

Edited by Randall

He's not throwing ny interceptions this week. :D

Yes, Nick, it was a bold move. What did you know that made you do it?

1050180[/snapback]

I just did simple math and looked at his numbers in games when Moss didn't play throughout his career. They weren't terrible, but they weren't top 5 either. I just didn't think Williamson could make up for Moss offensively.

Add to that the suspention od Smith, the fragility of Bennett, the idiocy of Tice, the new OC, and it was enough, Then the line got banged up, and it was too much.

I mean, when you go from throwing to Randy Moss and Nate Burelson to Nate Burelson and Travis Taylor...Travis Taylor?...good things can't come of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Nick,

I will honor our bet. The injury clause aside. Daunte MAY have ended having a great second half of the season and MAY have pulled a top 5 performance out of his hind end. We will never know...however, your prognostication was correct for at least 7 games. Heck LT has almost as many TD's as Daunte and may now finish with more!!

Let me know what you want me to wear for a sig...

T-Scorp

Yer a good man T-scorp.  Grade A, honorable huddler :D

1112219[/snapback]

And you should not take him up on his offer. You had an agreement, it wasn't met, you didn't win the bet. Nice of Scorp to offer, but you should leave it on the table imo.

It's all good...

Nick offered a great sigline in light of what happened and the spirit of the injury clause was to protect me from Daunte having a great season and then getting injured, no way was I thinking it would protect me in case C-pep sucked swiss cheese and then got injured.:D

Happy to wear the sig for the rest of the season. :D

gotta disagree...

CPEP was playing like AthenaE and he had no chance of finishing in the top 10 for QB's this year...

1112244[/snapback]

Yeah, and there was no way the 49ers would beat the Bucs. You just never know. And that's why you have bets, and that's why bets have conditions. I don't disagree with TScorp making the offer, I think it's very gentlemenly, I disagree with Nick taking him up on a bet he didn't win.

Yeah, and there was no way the 49ers would beat the Bucs. You just never know. And that's why you have bets, and that's why bets have conditions. I don't disagree with TScorp making the offer, I think it's very gentlemenly, I disagree with Nick taking him up on a bet he didn't win.

1112274[/snapback]

FWIW, I PM'd T-Scorp and told him that by no means did he need to wear a sigline. By the terms of the bet, he had no obligation to me.

The bet was for the month after the season. T-Scorp is taking a voluntary penalty for his own imposed timeframe. He can do what he likes, wear that sigline or any other. I'm not sure what there is to agree or disagree with.