[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hines Ward now that Plexi-glass is gone

quiveringnorm

you guys are kind of dumb. HInes played in 16 games and had only 1004 yards adn 4 td's. Michael clayton as a rookie had way better numbers in both categories. And if you watched pittsburgh nobody double teamed him. When they played the ravens mcalister guarded burress. So go on overrating him if you like. He is a good receiver and a great blocker and his numbers should go up because of what some of you were saying earlier, but top 5? thats lunacy. He will be lucky to be top 15 in fantasy production this year.

you guys are kind of dumb. HInes played in 16 games and had only 1004 yards adn 4 td's.  Michael clayton as a rookie had way better numbers in both categories. And if you watched pittsburgh nobody double teamed him.  When they played the ravens mcalister guarded burress.  So go on overrating him if you like. He is a good receiver and a great blocker and his numbers should go up because of what some of you were saying earlier, but top 5?  thats lunacy. He will be lucky to be top 15 in fantasy production this year.

854370[/snapback]

over 1000 yards on a team that was 28th in passing. that is pretty good. michael clayton was a rookie last year and lets see how he does in year 2. hines ward was always underrated the last 4 years and he all of the sudden is a tier 3 receiver?

i copied your typing form and didn't use capital letters. i hope you like.

mccallister 'guarded' burress last year? when did they get in the nba? :D

Ward should produce as always because he works hard. But I have to disagree with the majority here. I watched every game last year and Ward did benefit from Burress drawing the opposing teams #1 corner. Wilson could/should be a good compliment to Ward and stretch the field, but he won't garner the respect from opposing D's that Plex did.

The Steelers will be a run first offense (again), and with the new additions of Wilson and H. Miller it should be interesting to watch.

I myself don't see Ward as a sure thing this year. Lots of receptions and another 1000 yd season should be in the books, but the TD numbers could be very disappointing. There's alot of receivers I'd like to have, Steve Smith included.

Ward should produce as always because he works hard. But I have to disagree with the majority here. I watched every game last year and Ward did benefit from Burress drawing the opposing teams #1 corner. Wilson could/should be a good compliment to Ward and stretch the field, but he won't garner the respect from opposing D's that Plex did.

The Steelers will be a run first offense (again), and with the new additions of Wilson and H. Miller it should be interesting to watch.

I myself don't see  Ward as a sure thing this year. Lots of receptions and another 1000 yd season should be in the books, but the TD numbers could be very disappointing. There's alot of receivers I'd like to have, Steve Smith included.

854463[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it better!! :D

I think it isn't Ward's ability and past performances that is keeping him out of the top 10. It has a lot to do with the uncertainty of what will happen with the passing game this year.

Nobody knows how he will do without plex taking up an extra DB along with the fact that the Steelers will only throw 35-40 passes when they are playing catch up.

They will run first as they always do but who knows what RB will get the best numbers from game to game.

This is why I usually avoid picking up Steelers players on my roster. The Steelers typically have a good team on the field but they have never been a good team for FF.

"El" is not a legit every-down WR.

However Ward is another WR who may be under-valued this year IMO.

854326[/snapback]

What do you mean by this? Do you expect El to be the 3rd WR? Please share your insight.