[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade M. Harrison

gogo2146

You have good WR and no solid RB. Why would you trade your best WR for at best a teir 2 RB? Someone else said that this is a long term commitment. See if you can find a team during the season that needs a boost near the playoffs and has an extra solid RB. Then make the trade. Right now trading Harrison just doesn't make any sense unless you get someone who is far better than he is.

You have to try and get a top RB. If you have appeared anxious to unload Harrison for a RB that is why you haven't gotten a bite for a top RB. Hold him and show that you will play with what you have. See if you can trade up in the draft with another player or packaging picks. Hold Harrison and when asked say he only moves for a top level back.

Sorry guys, i have to disagree with everone so far. I think Clayton will do just fine this year and will be close to Harrison's numbers. I also think Foster will be a good back not a top 5 but good and soild. I have to realy think on doing this trade and if the season goes up in smoke well it was gonna go before the trade. So I'll see what happens, Foster could be the back that just breaks out and everyone will say that was a great trade or It will be the worst move I've ever made.

I'll see.

883043[/snapback]

First off, I'll take 50.00 bet that says Harrison's #'s are better than Clayton's all across the board.

The reason they're are only listening to involving Harrison can be found in the Huddle consistency rankings.

And if you think getting involved in Carolina's RBBC for the price of MH, then I only wish I was playing with you.

With Green, Harrison DJax + M Williams you stand a nice shot of putting up solid points each week, esepcially with Green and MH as you main foundation. I say play to your team's strengths: many teams will no doubt be hard pressed to match your WR corps, so why wreck that?

Green will be solid as usual, and given the MBennet gets hurt every year -like DFoster- Moe will provide you points in that department. But to make a trade like this in July, geez read up a little first.

How you expect Clayton to put up points 'similar to Marvin' is beyond me......he'll be lucky to be a top ten receiver, while Harrison will be unluckey (injury) to be out of the top five.

Wanna bet?

I've got #3 in a 12 team redraft, and have a question about this: do they not dump to him near the goal line anymore? Or has he simply been the victim of bad luck, getting brought down close to the goal line the past two seasons (meaning he's due?)

Beyond that I like him at #3 since he's the only RB guaranteed to never see "eight in the  box" under non-goalline circumstances this year.

883034[/snapback]

They don't run as many passing plays for him anymore inside the 10. They used to have a nice shovel pass they would use, as well as a play that sent Edge into the flat and then up the side line. Edge actually switched places coming out of the huddle with James Mungro on the shovel pass that ended up being Manning's 48th. That was supposed to be Edge's TD. It shows the kind of guy he is, and shows all the whining about Edge's TD production last year only bothers fantasy owners, not him. Bad luck has been a factor too. But simply put, Edge just does not have as many plays called in the passing game just for him that he once did.

They don't run as many passing plays for him anymore inside the 10.  They used to have a nice shovel pass they would use, as well as a play that sent Edge into the flat and then up the side line.  Edge actually switched places coming out of the huddle with James Mungro on the shovel pass that ended up being Manning's 48th.  That was supposed to be Edge's TD.  It shows the kind of guy he is, and shows all the whining about Edge's TD production last year only bothers fantasy owners, not him.  Bad luck has been a factor too.  But simply put, Edge just does not have as many plays called in the passing game just for him that he once did.

884373[/snapback]

Thanks. Where would you rank him with RB's?

Thanks. Where would you rank him with RB's?

884542[/snapback]

He still has little competition for carries, and even though he is more of an afterthought in the passing game, he did manage to catch 51 balls last year for 483 yards. He also caught 51 balls in '03, but for only 292 yards. He has improved his rushing yardage every year since the ACL injury. He also had his highes yards per carry of his career last year. I think he will have a great year, and will score more total TD's than last year. I'd draft him after LT and Alexander only.

Edited by CaptainHook

Hey, thanks for all the advice I'll think about it. As fa as wishing you were playing with me my league has a opening put your money wher your mouth is and lets see how good you are? Harrison is getting old Clayton is young and gonna get better and has a big upside I'm not saying his numbers will beat Harrison but they will be close look what he did as a rookie. I agree Foster may not be the answer ant this point I am dam if I do or if i don't. With Harrison I have ZERO RB'S and ever team will keep atleast two that's 22 of the top rb's all the rookies will be gone by the time the draft comes to me so who a I gonna draft? This way I'll have a good rb that may break out. Did you watch the playoffs last year? Clayton will be a stud.

Thanks for all the help.

If you want to sign up and show me how good you are let me know I'm sure I'll have a good laugh because the team you will get will be in bad shape just like the one I have and I'll see how great you are?

Edited by gogo2146

Hey, thanks for all the advice I'll think about it. As fa as wishing you were playing with me my league has a opening put your money wher your mouth is and lets see how good you are?  Harrison is getting old Clayton is young and gonna get better and has a big upside I'm not saying his numbers will beat Harrison but they will be close look what he did as a rookie. I agree Foster may not be the answer ant this point I am dam if I do or if i don't. With Harrison I have ZERO RB'S and ever team will keep atleast two that's 22 of the top rb's all the rookies will be gone by the time the draft comes to me so who a I gonna draft? This way I'll have a good rb that may break out. Did you watch the playoffs last year? Clayton will be a stud.

Thanks for all the help.

If you want to sign up and show me how good you are let me know I'm sure I'll have a good laugh because the team you will get will be in bad shape just like the one I have and I'll see how great you are?

884643[/snapback]

Different than the bet I offered, and I realistically do not have the time for a third team, although i am intrigued by Dynasty. Drop me a link and I'll check it out. What are the dues?

I was just looking at the stats from last season

M. Harrison 86- 1,113 yrds 15 td's

M. Clayton 80 - 1,193 7 td's

not bad for a first year player and i would say thats pretty close to the same #'s

Clayton should do better in 2005

I was just looking at the stats from last season

M. Harrison 86- 1,113 yrds 15 td's

M. Clayton 80 - 1,193 7 td's

not bad for a first year player and i would say thats pretty close to the same #'s

Clayton should do better in 2005

884676[/snapback]

Clearly the yards are, but over twice the TD's are not.

Also, no can do on the league offer: I don't do IDP (yet) and US$160.00 is steep at the moment. My reg dues are US$250.00.

Still want the 50.00 bet? I've bet here before and paid off crispirons, for my street cred.

I will bet, we have to say what is close and what is not. Yes, the td's are more but Clayton had a better year last year in recp and yards so where do we stand?

I hope you can see what I was saying about the trade Yes, Clayton is not Harrison but will fill in nicely and Foster is a toss in since that team has zero rb's. I think on this team it's not a bad deal? You saw the team and the others in the league. Also if you want in I will talk to the Commish and get you in with half up front the rest due in the middle of the season. You do have a chance to make money in weekly contest. They are called the Pigpens up to $100.00 per week for the two top scoring players. Hope you can join.

Pope Flick, have not heard back from you so I guess you are out of this one? Just as I thought all show and no go. Thats the problem with alot of people on this site. Thay have alot to say but just can't back it up. Anyways Pope, thanks for the advice I'll apply it to my elementary league with no IDP's.

Thanks for the help, I thought you would like to show off you expert view in my league.

Thanks

Your snide little post above was written AFTER I snet a PM to you first thing this morning, momo. Learn to use the site.

Read it and get back to me, I figured we could spare the public our hashing of terms before announcing what they would be.

Edited by Pope Flick