[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did I do? Traded for Ahman Green

I traded Jamal Lewis, Keyshaun Johnson, Amani Toomer for Michael Clayton, Ahman Green, and Deion Branch...How did I do? Branch will be on my bench... Also, how do you think Ahman will do this year? He wasn't THAT good last year as he continued his fumbling problems and didn't really score too many TDs either...

Ahman is supposed to do really good this year. except for the offensive line problem on finding a guard. But Ahman is gonna dominate very underrated. I love the trade.

Ahman is supposed to do really good this year. except for the offensive line problem on finding a guard. But Ahman is gonna dominate very underrated. I love the trade.

884715[/snapback]

I've lost all faith in Ahman......killed me last year.......

I've lost all faith in Ahman......killed me last year.......

884934[/snapback]

I agree with this. This IMO is a huge hit or miss year with Ahman. He really struggled last year and I'm just not sold on him until he proves me wrong.

If your league awards points for receptions, you made a killer deal.

Even if it doesn't, I think the trade of essentially Jamal for Green and Clayton (Meshaun and Toomer are waiver-wire putty) is still a great deal for you.

Frankly, I don't understand all the early Jamal love at the huddle this year. I think it's mostly because we're a bunch of reprobates at heart, so we kinda root for the guy who just got out of prison, as long as he didn't diddle his daughter or something.

If your league awards points for receptions, you made a killer deal.

Even if it doesn't, I think the trade of essentially Jamal for Green and Clayton (Meshaun and Toomer are waiver-wire putty) is still a great deal for you.

Frankly, I don't understand all the early Jamal love at the huddle this year. I think it's mostly because we're a bunch of reprobates at heart, so we kinda root for the guy who just got out of prison, as long as he didn't diddle his daughter or something.

885060[/snapback]

After rushing for 2006 yards and 14 TDs in 2003 he missed 4 games due to injury and suspension last year, had only 8 carries Week 14 against the Giants and only 2 carries against the Cowboys Week 11 and still had over 1,000 yards and 7 TDs.

He only had 18 or more carries in 8 games last year. He totaled 870 yards and 6 TDs in those 8 games. If healthy and out of trouble that would project to 1,740 yards and 12 TDs. That seems very realistic. He should have more than 10 catches in 2005, too. Green totaled 1,438 yards combined last year for 8 TDs.

Seems to me which RB is more likely to come the closest to reprating their 2003 seasons. For me it comes down to age, Green will be playing his 8th season next year, Lewis his 5th. I also think the Baltimore passing game will be rather improved in 2005 giving Lewis more room to run.

It was not a bad trade since he clearly upgraded at WR I just don't think I'd have done it. Certainly don't want anyone to think I consider this a bad trade. I'm just very high on Lewis. And a reprobate.

After rushing for 2006 yards and 14 TDs in 2003 he missed 4 games due to injury and suspension last year, had only 8 carries Week 14 against the Giants and only 2 carries against the Cowboys Week 11 and still had over 1,000 yards and 7 TDs.

He only had 18 or more carries in 8 games last year.  He totaled 870 yards and 6 TDs in those 8 games.  If healthy and out of trouble that would project to 1,740 yards and 12 TDs.  That seems very realistic.  He should have more than 10 catches in 2005, too.  Green totaled 1,438 yards combined last year for 8 TDs.

Seems to me which RB is more likely to come the closest to reprating their 2003 seasons.  For me it comes down to age, Green will be playing his 8th season next year, Lewis his 5th.  I also think the Baltimore passing game will be rather improved in 2005 giving Lewis more room to run.

It was not a bad trade since he clearly upgraded at WR I just don't think I'd have done it.  Certainly don't want anyone to think I consider this a bad trade.  I'm just very high on Lewis.  And a reprobate.

885076[/snapback]

I'm not a reprobate....but I agree that Lewis will have a huge year with better receivers and improving QB play....