[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Position Opinions

msaint

Update: I drew the 6th choice of draft slots (not the 6th pick), meaning I'll pick no lower than 6th, at least. We'll see what slots the first five guys choose, but I'm assuming 1-2-3 will stick there, and then maybe one of 4-5 might opt for the 12 spot, opting for the two picks in a row. So, I could maybe move up to 4, 5. we'll see.

Would any of you guys want to stick at #6? Assuming the top 4 picks are some combo of LT, Shaun, Peyton, Priest (seems to be slipping in my league)...I could start with Edge/Deuce or maybe roll the dice with Moss (bonuses for 100 yd games/long TDs), and then get the best RBs in middle of rounds 2/3.

But if Priest is there at #6 I take him.

I Like 11th in a 12 team draft. For me it's just as good as having a back to back pick (meaning I can see what the 12th pick guy's needs are and pretty much guess who he's going to pick anyway) plus I'm one spot closer in the first round.

I am picking 2nd in my money league, and have decided it is my favorite spot, because I think LT2 and Alexander are both primed for monster seasons. Manning is a stud, but he is still a QB, and QB is a much less scarce fantasy position than RB (at least in leagues where you only start one QB). And, Priest is getting old, and Edge has never scored TDs to the extent that LT2 and Alexander have. If I cannot pick 1st or 2nd, I would just as soon drop to the 9th-10th area.

I actually don't think it matters much this year. There are so many players that are up in the air that it's unbelievable, so I think it's possible to have an excellent draft from any position. I actually think that some of the biggest bust-type picks will be made in the late teens/early twenties, so I'd prefer to stay out of that area. I'm 9th in my primary league and I'm pretty happy with it - if I can get 2 solid RBs w/ the 9th and 16th picks (Deuce and JJ by the Huddle sheets, though I doubt I'll get them both), I'll be very happy with that.