[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Oklahoma Sooners is the greatest football team

Sgt. Ryan

Have they won 34 in a row?  :doah: Didn't think so. You are living in the past my friend ... in the past! The Sooners couldn't hold USC's  :D "Trojans"!  :D

1298851[/snapback]

You Dumb A**, OU holds the all-time record for consecutive victories. I hate OU, and even I know that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they won 34 in a row?  :doah: Didn't think so. You are living in the past my friend ... in the past! The Sooners couldn't hold USC's  :D "Trojans"!  :D

1298851[/snapback]

SC just lost its last game. They are on a 1 game losing streak. And OU has the longest winning streak in NCAA football.

Hey prof - do you know who broke OU's winning streak?

1300064[/snapback]

OU winning streak is 47 games. They also have the longest unbeaten streak (in the modern era - post 1937) at 48. Since you know that ND beat them to end the streak, that means they must have tied the game, immediately prior to the streak beginning. Do you know who that tie was with?

This may be the best question of all, do you know who their last defeat was against, prior to the streak beginning?

OU winning streak is 47 games.  They also have the longest unbeaten streak (in the modern era - post 1937) at 48.  Since you know that ND beat them to end the streak, that means they must have tied the game, immediately prior to the streak beginning.  Do you know who that tie was with?

This may be the best question of all, do you know who their last defeat was against, prior to the streak beginning?

1300247[/snapback]

I had to look up the tie: Pittsburgh.

And the last loss before the streak began? Why, Notre Dame.

FYI - in a weird fate of history not only did ND beat the UCLA team that had won 88 straight they were also the last team to beat them before the streak began.

:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Pope Flick

Gullible?  :D

1300379[/snapback]

I certainly do not mind being made fun of, it is a part of the board. Sadly, there are times that I miss things. I am afraid this is one of those times, would you mind terribly much explaining this to me?

PS, I really wish October would hurry up. I much prefer being on th other side of the fence from Sarge.

I certainly do not mind being made fun of, it is a part of the board.  Sadly, there are times that I miss things.  I am afraid this is one of those times, would you mind terribly much explaining this to me?

PS, I really wish October would hurry up.  I much prefer being on th other side of the fence from Sarge.

1300933[/snapback]

You can jump on the Sooner Bandgwagon whenever you choose, as long as its before the game in October after OU puts a whoppin on the Young- less Whorns. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

You can jump on the Sooner Bandgwagon whenever you choose, now are in October after OU puts a whoppin on the Young- less Whorns.   :D

1300939[/snapback]

What was the score last year when the UCLA Bruins played your "man were so good" Oklahoma Sooners? Oh, and what was the score when the USC Trojans last played your "were the best team in history" Oklahoma Sooners? BTW, I still remember when my UW Huskies played your "Were so good AND we've got Brian Bosworth" Oklahoma Sooners in the Orange Bowl and totally dominated them just like the Bruins and Trojans did. Best Team in College Football History? :D:D:D:D:D:D:huh::D - Wake The F Up!! :D

Edited by theprofessor

So 3 games determine the fate of a program that has won 7 NC, and played in 12. I hate to break it to you, but Washington is the laughing stock of college football. UCLA peaked in week 2, and Sc got beat by Texas when the media were claiming they were the best team ever.

Ill take my Sooners tradition and put it up against anyone. Notre dame has done nothing for a decade. SC did nothing for 25 yrs before 2002, and My sooners have played in 5 NC games winning 3 since 1975. What other team has done as much, and we had to live through the John Blake, Gary Gibbs and Howrd Schnellerberger yrs before we finally got another real coach.

You can jump on the Sooner Bandgwagon whenever you choose,

1300939[/snapback]

Not jumping on any wagon, I just feel it is my duty to point it out, when a ridiculous statement is made. Fortunately, I do not read all of you posts.

I am not concerned about October. I would much rather have an o-line and no QB, then a QB, and no O-line.

Not jumping on any wagon, I just feel it is my duty to point it out, when a ridiculous statement is made.  Fortunately, I do not read all of you posts.

I am not concerned about October.  I would much rather have an o-line and no QB, then a QB, and no O-line.

1301043[/snapback]

I think you will be surprised at OL next yr. Oregon couldnt penetrate the Sooners OL in the bowl game, and with 2 JC transfers starting at OL next yr, Im confident Bomar will have plenty of time to pick that depleted secondary apart, and no Rod Qright or Aaron Harris to stop Peterson. Could be a long afternoon for Whorn fans.

Not jumping on any wagon, I just feel it is my duty to point it out, when a ridiculous statement is made.  Fortunately, I do not read all of you posts.

I am not concerned about October.  I would much rather have an o-line and no QB, then a QB, and no O-line.

1301043[/snapback]

Absolutely, how do you think Jason White survived his last 2 seasons? White probably wouldn't be able to walk right now if he had to be on the 05' Sooners.

Absolutely, how do you think Jason White survived his last 2 seasons? White probably wouldn't be able to walk right now if he had to be on the 05' Sooners.

1302077[/snapback]

You may be right, but before Whites 1st ACL tear, he ran a 4.5 40 and was a better athelete than Bomar or Brodie Coyle who Stoops wanted badly, but couldnt convince him he would start over White. . 2 ACL surgeries later White was a statue.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

So 3 games determine the fate of a program that has won 7 NC, and played in 12. I hate to break it to you, but Washington is the laughing stock of college football.  UCLA peaked in week 2, and Sc got beat by Texas when the media were claiming they were the best team ever.

Ill take my Sooners tradition and put it up against anyone.  Notre dame has done nothing for a decade. SC did nothing for 25 yrs before 2002, and My sooners have played in 5 NC games winning 3 since 1975. What other team has done as much, and we had to live through the John Blake, Gary Gibbs and Howrd Schnellerberger yrs before we finally got another real coach.

1301000[/snapback]

SC has been the best team in College Football for the last 3 years, including this year. Nothing for 25 years? Shows how much you don't know! Washington is only in the position they are because Mr. Neuheisel tore the program down. We will be back in the Top 10 in 2 years just like we were during the 70's, 80's and 90's! :D Wasn't it 1985 when my Husky's flat out dominated the Boomer Sooners in Miami? :D BTW, Notre Dame has done nothing for 20 years, not 10?

Edited by theprofessor

SC has been the best team in College Football for the last 3 years, including this year. Nothing for 25 years? Shows how much you don't know! Washington is only in the position they are because Mr. Neuheisel tore the program down. We will be back in the Top 10 in 2 years just like we were during the 70's, 80's and 90's!  :D Wasn't it 1985 when my Husky's flat out dominated the Boomer Sooners in Miami?  :D  BTW, Notre Dame has done nothing for 20 years?

1302569[/snapback]

BTW .... I love your Sig Line!! OWNED, just like the Bruins and Trojans OWN the Sooners. :D:D:D:D

SC has been the best team in College Football for the last 3 years, including this year.

1302569[/snapback]

SC was the best college football team in 2004 with out a doubt. In 2003, it is questionable if they were the best team or not. I think LSU can make a strong argument. In 2005 Texas was the best team and proved it by beating SC in what was practically a home game at the Rose Bowl. If you can't admit that then you have been drinking way to much of hte kool-aid.

SC was the best college football team in 2004 with out a doubt.  In 2003, it is questionable if they were the best team or not.  I think LSU can make a strong argument.  In 2005 Texas was the best team and proved it by beating SC in what was practically a home game at the Rose Bowl.  If you can't admit that then you have been drinking way to much of hte kool-aid.

1303312[/snapback]

I'll agree that Texas deserved to win that game because of Vince Young. The game would have been won by USC had Reggie not tried to lateral the ball to extend his long run late in the game. That play changed the whole complexion of the game. That's why I :D at Private Ryno about his constant bashing of USC. But then I think about "his" team and I just can't stop :D

I'll agree that Texas deserved to win that game because of Vince Young. The game would have been won by USC had Reggie not tried to lateral the ball to extend his long run late in the game. That play changed the whole complexion of the game. That's why I :D  at Private Ryno about his constant bashing of USC. But then I think about "his" team and I just can't stop  :D

1304323[/snapback]

If Bush hadn't lateralled? If Ross doesn't muff that punt Texas wins by 7 more.