[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chill out is a good thought

DMD

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry man, we'll be back! :D

1309068[/snapback]

:D That is what I like to see. It really is time to let it go and move on. I know it sucks, but, what's done is done.

The tough thing about the game as a long time Seahawks fan, was that we have seen this sort of thing so many times before. The Testaverde Non-Touchdown in 98'. Ref Tom White's clock error in Baltimore in '03. Having a team beat, & giving up the big plays to lose the game, just like vs. STL at home & DAL on MNF last year. This Superbowl was like the Seahawks 30 year history in microcosm: A combination of bad breaks, bad calls, and not quite enough big plays from the 'Hawks, resulting ultimately in disappointment. 

While I do feel that they got totally jobbed by the refs yesterday, the 'Hawks didn't take control of the game and JUST WIN IT. They had everything in their favor, every opportunity, & didn't close the deal. They had 57 more offensive yards than PIT, 3 more first downs & held possession of the ball for 6:00 more minutes. And yet, they gave up the big plays when it counted, That is why Pittsburgh won this game.

That having been said, I am so very proud of my Seahawks. They showed more heart, skill & steel this season than I have ever seen from them. I enjoyed all the ups & downs of this season tremendously: the HUGE FG to win the Giants game after 3 comebacks from the brink of defeat; The comeback in the nasty cold rain to beat Dallas; The colossal noise to beat WAS in SEA's first playoff win since I was in high school; the swarming D's devastating performance in the NFC Championship. These are some of the greatest sporting moments I have ever experienced, & I will never forget them. Thank You, Seattle Seahawks, for an awesome season, & Let's Go Get 'Em in 2006!

1308981[/snapback]

:D Best post I've seen since the game ended. You should be proud of your team. They deserved to be there, and it is nice to see someone not putting the entire blame on the officials. :D

I'm going to chill out.  I want to enjoy the fact that my Steelers won the Super Bowl but every time I come to the place that I love to hang out I am dragged down.

I know not everyone wants to kick my dog as I seen in the end of one of Menudo's threads that I posted how I felt about this game in, but this place is killing me today.

1308767[/snapback]

I hear you Skippy. I'm just now starting to look past the controversy and enjoy what the Steelers just accomplished. Who would have ever dreamed this 8 weeks ago ? What the Steelers just did was amazing, a 6th seed winning the Super Bowl is unheard of. We never know when the opportunity will come again. I've decided that others are not going to take away from the great feelings I have now (since the hangover finally ended). I do feel bad about the controversial calls, but it wasn't the Steelers fault, and they made the big plays and got the title !!!! Enjoy it Skippy, we deserve it.

:D  Best post I've seen since the game ended.  You should be proud of your team.  They deserved to be there, and it is nice to see someone not putting the entire blame on the officials.  :D

1310107[/snapback]

Just an observation, I've been on this board quite a bit today and don't think that I've seen anyone "putting the entire blame on the officials." At least not anyone, who isn't :D

I and many other people here have, the utmost, utter, and approrpiate contempt towards the officials for marring the game and obviously effecting the outcome on some unknown level. Congrats Menudo, but I'm not just gonna let it go for two reasons:

1) I am a lifelong Seattle fan that has never experienced my team winning it all. Heck, my teams rarely get close. The Hawks played well all season, deserved to be in the Superbowl, and got screwed over by the worst officiating I've ever seen for a big time game, plain and simple.

2) The NFL has an officiating problem and they need to fix it. Last night's performance pissed off a lot of football fans regardless of who they were rooting for. It also sucks for Steeler fans.

Just an observation,  I've been on this board quite a bit today and don't think that I've seen anyone "putting the entire blame on the officials." At least not anyone, who isn't :D

I and many other people here have, the utmost, utter, and approrpiate contempt towards the officials for marring the game and obviously effecting the outcome on some unknown level.  Congrats Menudo, but I'm not just gonna let it go for two reasons:

1)  I am a lifelong Seattle fan that has never experienced my team winning it all.  Heck, my teams rarely get close.  The Hawks played well all season, deserved to be in the Superbowl, and got screwed over by the worst officiating I've ever seen for a big time game, plain and simple. 

2) The NFL has an officiating problem and they need to fix it.  Last night's performance pissed off a lot of football fans regardless of who they were rooting for.  It also sucks for Steeler fans.

1310246[/snapback]

Fair enough, and, you are right it does also suck for Steeler fans.

A couple of pretty decent posts here in the end of this thread. :D I wish this was the first thread I clicked on when I came back this evening.

I really do respect all the Seahawks and their fans. I know I would be pissed right now if I was in their shoes. All I can say is hang in there and hold on to the fact that you made the Super Bowl. Be proud of a great season. You guys should, IMO, be right back in the thick of things next year.

A couple of pretty decent posts here in the end of this thread. :D  I wish this was the first thread I clicked on when I came back this evening.

I really do respect all the Seahawks and their fans.  I know I would be pissed right now if I was in their shoes.  All I can say is hang in there and hold on to the fact that you made the Super Bowl.  Be proud of a great season.  You guys should, IMO, be right back in the thick of things next year.

1310309[/snapback]

Yeah, you guys might be back next year. But you might not. As a Titans fan, who fell short by one yard (ok, one yard and overtime) it could be a long time before you get another chance. Sorry to bring you down, but that's just reality.

Yeah, you guys might be back next year.  But you might not.  As a Titans fan, who fell short by one yard (ok, one yard and overtime) it could be a long time before you get another chance.  Sorry to bring you down, but that's just reality.

1310349[/snapback]

:D I'm fully aware of that. Man, I'm going to be pissed for awhile.