[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys doing well I feel.

irish

Clearly you have missed my point.

Parcells may have written a grocery list, but there's no doubt who went to Kroger and bought the groceries. Did you see where those guys were drafted? Can you spell R_E_A_C_H?

Either Jerry Jones' finger prints are all over the Cowboys draft, or Parcells is slipping.

Since I don't think Parcells is slipping (ala' Levy), I've gotta go with JJ pulling the trigger.

1448330[/snapback]

Um, Parcells has reached his whole career. What impact offensive player has Parcells every drafted outside of Cumar that fell into his lap in round 6, and Terry Glenn who he didnt want. These picks have Parcells written all over them. JJ is the flashy type, and would have rather drafted a big name, than those Parcells drafted. You obviously didnt see how giddy Parcells was on the phone with Carpenter and Fasano from the war room that was shown on the local news. Even the Sports Anchor said, do you think Parcells is happy about his first 2 selections or what. He was more excited about them, than Jones, and even clapped his hands once when he got off the phone, like gosh diggity dog, look what I just added to the team. Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're a Notre Dame and Cowboys fan?!  Let me guess you probably root for the Yankees, Lakers, and Canadiens too.

1449681[/snapback]

Was this supposed to be funny or taking a stab as if I were a front runner? Well it's pretty lame but what should I expect from a jealous Eagle fan? Too bad you didn't know me when I was suffering through 1-15 seasons for the Boys. Then again you'd probably find something else to knock-seems to be your type, clueless. Oh yeah and I really enjoyed how successful the golden domers were just a few years back and all the controversy they had. I love morons like you who call other people out when they have no idea what they're talking about. Bro, you know as much about me as you do your own father-nothing. Choose your targets more wisely next time, like picking on someone who couldn't whoop your a s s! :D:D:D

Stupid Newb, should've figured. :D

Edited by irish

Um, Parcells has reached his whole career.  What impact offensive player has Parcells every drafted outside of Cumar that fell into his lap in round 6, and Terry Glenn who he didnt want.  These picks have Parcells written all over them.  JJ is the flashy type, and would have rather drafted a big name, than those Parcells drafted.  You obviously didnt see how giddy Parcells was on the phone with Carpenter and Fasano from the war room that was shown on the local news. Even the Sports Anchor said, do you think Parcells is happy about his first 2 selections or what.  He was more excited about them, than Jones, and even clapped  his hands once when he got off the phone, like gosh diggity dog, look what I just added to the team.  Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about.

1449737[/snapback]

I stopped reading your tash after this gem "Parcells has reached his whole career." In other words your first sentence.

Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about.

I stopped reading your tash after this gem "Parcells has reached his whole career." In other words your first sentence.

Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about.

1449802[/snapback]

LMMFAO, I accept your apology and realize you had to take any out to stop from looking like a complete fool. But unfortunately for you, others know exactly who was shopping for the groceries in this draft, and it certainly wasnt JJ.

JJ brought in Eddie George, when Parcells didnt want him. JJ brought in Anthony Thomas when Parcells didnt want him. And finally JJ brought in TO, and its obvious Parcells doesnt want him. All of these are big name players. What did Parcells bring in the last 2 yrs. Demarcus Ware and Bobby carpenter. 2 players teams thought would fall until later in the draft, but fit the typical Parcells Guy stereo type, that Parcells brought over from NY.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

since 1990-

NFC East-  9 conference championships won-5 super bowl wins

NFC South-3 conference championships won-1 super bowl win

1449616[/snapback]

When I say recently I don't mean go back almost 2 decades. :D

How about recently where the players aren't all retired and Fox / Parcells are Coaching in their respective divisions? Since say around 2000-?

1449640[/snapback]

Actually neither , until 2002-Bucs were in the NFC Central with the Pack, Bears, Vikes and Lions, where as the Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Rams and 49er's comprised the NFC West, and the Seahawks were an AFC team playing in the AFC West. So, since realighnment in 2002-AFC got two new teams(Texans and Browns) and the Seahawks jumped to the new NFCW, can this be addressed, NFCS-two NFC Championships and one Super Bowl victories, NFCE-one NFC Championship and no Super Bowl victories-Peace PD(NFCW-one NFC Championship and no Super Bowl victries-a little respect for the Hawks)

Edited by PantherDave

But unfortunately for you, others know exactly who was shopping for the groceries in this draft, and it certainly wasnt JJ. 

1449811[/snapback]

:doah:

For the first time in his four drafts with the Cowboys, Parcells didn't talk to reporters last weekend.

"I didn't have anything to say," he said Wednesday.

Link

I wonder why the Tuna didn't have anything to say about this draft? :D

Clearly you have missed my point.

Parcells may have written a grocery list, but there's no doubt who went to Kroger and bought the groceries. Did you see where those guys were drafted? Can you spell R_E_A_C_H?

Either Jerry Jones' finger prints are all over the Cowboys draft, or Parcells is slipping.

Since I don't think Parcells is slipping (ala' Levy), I've gotta go with JJ pulling the trigger.

1448330[/snapback]

There were no reaches. In fact not reaching was one of the better aspects of the Cowboys' draft.

Bill had nothing to say about the draft because there's no need to, it was a very good draft. Even better when you see how late their picks were in each of the first 5 rounds.

There were no reaches.  In fact not reaching was one of the better aspects of the Cowboys' draft.

1452345[/snapback]

R_E_A_C_H #1

Carpenter was a very frustrating linebacker to evaluate, because he no doubt has the size, strength, playing speed and athleticism to be a productive all-around linebacker, but he is not one now, and he is unlikely to ever become one. While he tests out like a warrior, his lack of instincts hinder his ability to play up to his off-field workouts -- he is often a beat late moving at the snap and lacks the explosiveness to catch up once he loses a step. When he is aggressive with his hands, he does a good job jolting blockers, gets arm extension and can shed and get free to make plays against runs directed at him -- he has shown the ability to do a good job of maintaining force responsibility. Overall, Carpenter is going to test out big time and will be drafted higher than rated because of it, but he will struggle to become the big-play impact linebacker that is expected of such high draft picks. He will develop into a good starting linebacker, who like many current NFL starters, makes a lot of tackles chasing down plays in pursuit, but does not make big plays to impact games. Carpenter broke an ankle against Michigan, so the ankle will need to pass tests before he is completely cleared.

Not worthy of being the 18th player selected.

R_E_A_C_H #2

Fasano is a fourth-year player who could have played one more year at Notre Dame, but he chose to come out a season early for the 2006 NFL Draft. He is a very well-built, thick-bodied tight end with the strength to be a good all-around blocker and punishing runner after the catch, but he needs to greatly improve his run-blocking technique in order to play up to his ability. Too often, he stays upright and does not attack the defender when he blocks, which allows aggressive defenders to push him around -- he often over-extends and gets torqued and tossed to the ground. He does, however, do a good job of getting through to the second level and blocking linebackers out of the play. He is a dangerous receiver, who has the hands to make the outstanding catch seem routine, he can get down the seam to stretch the field, and he is a strong and powerful runner after the catch, who consistently gains yards after contact. Overall, Fasano is going to be a very good starting tight end in the NFL, who will impact games as a receiver, and with his work ethic and competitiveness, he will likely improve his blocking technique to the point that he will be a good all-around blocker.

Just a dumb pick. Dallas already has a very good Pass Catching TE in Witten. If the Cowboys were determined to draft another TE, get one who can block and not in the 2nd round!

Bill had nothing to say about the draft because there's no need to, it was a very good draft.  Even better when you see how late their picks were in each of the first 5 rounds.

1452345[/snapback]

Just like Bill has no public comments on the T.O. acquistion, he's got nothing to say about the draft. He's not gonna bite the hand that feeds him....yet!

The Cowboys draft sucked Big Fat Donkey Balls and has JJ's stench all over it.

R_E_A_C_H #1

Not worthy of being the 18th player selected.

R_E_A_C_H #2

Just a dumb pick. Dallas already has a very good Pass Catching TE in Witten. If the Cowboys were determined to draft another TE, get one who can block and not in the 2nd round!

Just like Bill has no public comments on the T.O. acquistion, he's got nothing to say about the draft. He's not gonna bite the hand that feeds him....yet!

The Cowboys draft sucked Big Fat Donkey Balls and has JJ's stench all over it.

1452428[/snapback]

Goesslin had Carpenter at 19 he went 18 not a reach.

Fasano is a great pick if you are going to change your offensive scheme to 2 TE, 2 WR and 1 RB with no FB. WE let Dan Campbell go because having a 2nd TE who is a blocker does not do what the new offensive scheme is designed to do which is keep defenses guessing.

Carpenter and Fasano are both Parcells guys as a matter of fact if Mr. Jones is running the draft I don't see us taking a LB at all in the 1st.

I guess you are smarter than everyone since every "expert" I've seen gave the Cowboys a B or higher.

Goesslin had Carpenter at 19 he went 18 not a reach. 

1452457[/snapback]

And Mayock had him rated as the 8th best at his position. One talking head projects one thing & another talking head projects another. Carpenter was still a reach at 18.

Fasano is a great pick if you are going to change your offensive scheme to 2 TE, 2 WR and 1 RB with no FB.  WE let Dan Campbell go because having a 2nd TE who is a blocker does not do what the new offensive scheme is designed to do which is keep defenses guessing.

1452457[/snapback]

Parcells knows that keeping Bledsoe upright is the key to his offense operating at peak efficency. So you think Parcells is now going to go with two TE sets where neither of the TE's are especially adept at blocking? Doubtful.

Also here's a clip from one of those B reviews you're talking about.

Worst pick: Anthony Fasano is a good player, but with Jason Witten on the roster, why is he needed?
I guess you are smarter than everyone since every "expert" I've seen gave the Cowboys a B or higher.

1452457[/snapback]

The old witty sarcasm comeback of..."I guess you are smarter than everyone".

Ooooh...that hurts Club. Now I'm gonna :D

They sucked and you know it.

And Mayock had him rated as the 8th best at his position. One talking head projects one thing & another talking head projects another. Carpenter was still a reach at 18.

Parcells knows that keeping Bledsoe upright is the key to his offense operating at peak efficency. So you think Parcells is now going to go with two TE sets where neither of the TE's are especially adept at blocking? Doubtful.

Also here's a clip from one of those B reviews you're talking about. 

The old witty sarcasm comeback of..."I guess you are smarter than everyone".

Ooooh...that hurts Club. Now I'm gonna  :D

They sucked and you know it.

1452545[/snapback]

You are free to think whatever you like. I'll stop now as based upon your response above you never even bothered to read what I wrote about Fasano. How does a pure blocking TE keep LBs guessing as to which TE is going out to catch a pass, you know, the whole reason the Cowboys are changing to a 2 TE offense in the first place.

You rich but Swerski's still the one with moxy.

:D

You are free to think whatever you like.  I'll stop now as based upon your response above you never even bothered to read what I wrote about Fasano.  How does a pure blocking TE keep LBs guessing as to which TE is going out to catch a pass, you know, the whole reason the Cowboys are changing to a 2 TE offense in the first place.

1452553[/snapback]

No I read what you wrote on Fasano, Club. I just don't see it happening for the reason I put forth.

How do two non blocking TE's on the field together, keep Bledsoe the statue on his feet, quick release or no quick release by the TE's?

P.S.

Who is this Swerski fellow you speak of? Sounds like a fine fellow. Maybe we need to bring him into this discussion. :D

No I read what you wrote on Fasano, Club. I just don't see it happening for the reason I put forth.

How do two non blocking TE's on the field together, keep Bledsoe the statue on his feet, quick release or no quick release by the TE's?

P.S.

Who is this Swerski fellow you speak of? Sounds like a fine fellow. Maybe we need to bring him into this discussion. :D

1452574[/snapback]

I went to lunch so I thought you might have bought that that would be my last reply then I check in and see you lurking. You are one real PoS, you know that? :D

I'm not worried about Bledsoe for several reasons. One is that I think Fabini and Koser with a healthy Rivera are upgrades over the 2005 line. I think EJ Whitley was the steal of the draft. I think with TO the amount of time it takes to throw the ball is cut down. He can run a deep route but I can't tell you how many times I've seen TO catch a 3 yard out and run another 47 after the catch.

The 2 TE offense helps relieve pass prush in two ways even if neither can block at all. One is that it keeps the defense guessing as to which, if either, TE will stay in on pass protection. If that adds a quater of a second on pass protection, great. Second is that if both TEs actually go out on a route there's an extra relief receiver for a dump-off pass. Under that two fold scenario Fasano has added 1 second of additional pass protection by just running a route.

So pass protection is the reason you think Fasano was a bad pick but I can see two legitimate ways Fasano helps the pass protection if the Cowboys are true to their word.

As long as you understand that you are wrong, we can keep going.

The 2 TE offense helps relieve pass prush in two ways even if neither can block at all.  One is that it keeps the defense guessing as to which, if either, TE will stay in on pass protection.  If that adds a quater of a second on pass protection, great.  Second is that if both TEs actually go out on a route there's an extra relief receiver for a dump-off pass.  Under that two fold scenario Fasano has added 1 second of additional pass protection by just running a route. 

So pass protection is the reason you think Fasano was a bad pick but I can see two legitimate ways Fasano helps the pass protection if the Cowboys are true to their word.

1452662[/snapback]

Not to interrupt or anything, but a good example of this can be found with the Patriots, the two tight end formation that is........

I know that JJ said flat out-"We are going to a two TE-two WR-one RB scheme" on the draft coverage last weekend, however, Whitten and Fasano are the prototypical pass catcing TE's. I did think to myself-which one is going to block :D for Mr. Mobile-Drew Bledsoe? Wow, certainly winds of change in Big D-new offensive scheme and switching to the 3-4 defensive scheme.

You are one real PoS, you know that?  :D

1452662[/snapback]

Ditto buddy :D

As long as you understand that you are wrong, we can keep going.

1452662[/snapback]

WoW!

Double Ditto :D

It's so good to be back.  :D

1452730[/snapback]

You have your opinion & I have mine. And we all know about opinions.

Everyone has one and they all stink!

Hey, as long as we can laugh at ourselves right? :D:D

Dude, did you see Bill in the War Room talking to the Players. He was stoked as hell. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. JJ wanted TO, and got him. Bill Did not, I agree with that, I even said the same thing. But this draft is Parcells guys to a T, not typical JJ flash guys. Bill wanted Carpenter, and Fasano. JJ Im sure would have rather had S Holmes and Marcus Vick.

Tell me what about Carpenter and Fasano makes them JJ guys and not Parcells picks. Seriously Id love to hear your so called opinion, and let you prove you have absolultely no clue about the Boys or Parcells, and continue to just embarass yourself.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Not to interrupt or anything, but a good example of this can be found with the Patriots, the two tight end formation that is........

1452673[/snapback]

Exactly. And the Boys want to use Fasano the same way the Skins use Cooley, in the typical H Back formation, out of the backfield and to create mis matches on DL that drop into coverage when teams blitz a LB.

Which you have to understand the game to realize the strategy employed by the teams. BS clearly doesnt understand, and clearly has no idea the tendencies of Big Bill or JJ. But he continues to embarass himself and argue with people who hear this every day from the local media, and have followed the team for the last decade plus. Oh well, some people are too stupid to realize they are stupid.

Dude, did you see Bill in the War Room talking to the Players.  He was stoked as hell.  You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.  JJ wanted TO, and got him.  Bill Did not, I agree with that, I even said the same thing.  But this draft is Parcells guys to a T, not typical JJ flash guys.  Bill wanted Carpenter, and Fasano.  JJ Im sure would have rather had S Holmes and Marcus Vick.

Tell me what about Carpenter and Fasano makes them JJ guys and not Parcells picks.  Seriously Id love to hear your so called opinion, and let you prove you  have absolultely no clue about the Boys or Parcells, and continue to just embarass yourself.

1452807[/snapback]

Dude what did you expect Parcells to do? Pout, slam the phone down & go into a tirade on National TV?

As I said, it's a small freakin' miracle that people so ignorant, are able to make it through life.

Um, Parcells has reached his whole career.  What impact offensive player has Parcells every drafted outside of Cumar that fell into his lap in round 6, and Terry Glenn who he didnt want.  These picks have Parcells written all over them.  JJ is the flashy type, and would have rather drafted a big name, than those Parcells drafted.  You obviously didnt see how giddy Parcells was on the phone with Carpenter and Fasano from the war room that was shown on the local news. Even the Sports Anchor said, do you think Parcells is happy about his first 2 selections or what.  He was more excited about them, than Jones, and even clapped  his hands once when he got off the phone, like gosh diggity dog, look what I just added to the team.  Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about.

1449737[/snapback]

Successful coaches are always accused of reaching. The reason is, they don't care what the media hype is, they base their draft rankings on how players fit their system, not what Mel Kiper thinks. I believe that is what Parcells does. They are considered reaches, because they do not fit in with the media perception, which, as we all know, is often wrong.

For the Steelers, you know I'd incorporate them :D , I find it kind of funny. Cowher & company made several picks in this draft where there were higher ranked players available at the same position. Kiper & company kept raving about how the Steelers were drafting there kind of people, the ones that fit there system. Kiper wasn't doing that 3 or 4 years ago. He used to rip those picks, but, he has been burned so much in the past, that now he just goes along with it. Most of your successful organization and coaches (Cowher, Parcells, BB, Shanahan) are often accussed of reaching, when they are in fact drafting within their system.