[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many more wins would the Ravens get

Trots

I believe that McNair (12-13 games healthy) would probably net Baltimore 3 more wins. Isn't that worth a 4th rounder? I just get the feeling that Tennessee will do anything they can to try and screw the Ravens. I would not be surprised if they traded him to another team for a lower draft pick than the Ravens are offering, just out of spite. Is that even allowed?

Ravens 2006 (with McNair) 11-5 and AFC North Champs.

Edited by Trots

I believe that McNair (12-13 games healthy) would probably net Baltimore 3 more wins.  Isn't that worth a 4th rounder.  I just get the feeling that Tennessee will do anything they can to try and screw the Ravens.  I would not be surprised if they traded him to another team for a lower draft pick than the Ravens are offering, just out of spite.  Is that even allowed? 

Ravens 2006 (with McNair) 11-5 and AFC North Champs.  F the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY.  :D  Shhhh, here comes MenMegan Foxo.

1484006[/snapback]

The Ravens are not an 11-5 team. They wont have much of a running game if Lewis cant get it going again, and based on last year and the year before, he wont. Their only hope is that Billick plays Anderson and he beefs up the running game.

McNair to Mason sounds intriguing again, but that isnt enough. They need help all over IMO. Their OL isnt getting any younger but Ogden is still a beast...albeit (sp?) not the beast he once was. I would guess theyll be around 9-7 or 10-6 with McNair, and fighting for a playoff spot.

I believe that McNair (12-13 games healthy) would probably net Baltimore 3 more wins.  Isn't that worth a 4th rounder?  I just get the feeling that Tennessee will do anything they can to try and screw the Ravens.  I would not be surprised if they traded him to another team for a lower draft pick than the Ravens are offering, just out of spite.  Is that even allowed? 

1484006[/snapback]

Since the Ravens aren't even offering a draft pick for McNair, No, the Titans are not allowed to trade McNair for a lower pick, as a pick lower than none, does not exist.

Same as the Harrington & Abraham situations, the Titans could try to work out a trade with another team, but if McNair doesn't want to go to that particular team, he won't.

The Ravens are content to sit back and get McNair for free.

I agree that the Ravens need more than McNair to right that sinking ship.

1484487[/snapback]

Haloti Ngata should do his part to help in that effort. The Ravens are just a big "wait and see" for me right now. I'm not sure I want to risk too many picks on that team, but if McNair, or Lewis, or even Anderson fall far enough... I'll take a late flyer and hope for the best.

Since the Ravens aren't even offering a draft pick for McNair, No, the Titans are not allowed to trade McNair for a lower pick, as a pick lower than none, does not exist.

1484421[/snapback]

All reports I've seen have the Ravens offering a 5th rounder and tenn wanting a 4th.

All reports I've seen have the Ravens offering a 5th rounder and tenn wanting a 4th.

1484552[/snapback]

The Ravens offered a 5th and the Titans didn't take it. I think Baltimore is done offering anything and will just grab him when the Titans cut him.

1484552[/snapback]

That was day two of the draft.

When the Titans passed on the 5th, Ozzie withdrew the offer.

9-7 seems plausible, they are in a tough Div and they haven't improved a whole lot. They need the Defense on old and JL back to running the way he used to to get to 11-5 or better. They will miss the playoffs and Belick will be on the potential chopping block.

I honestly think that the Ravens quit on Boller last year. He lost a few games by himself. You put McNair back there, the O line steps up, the two young guys on the line mature, the D is better and we have Lewis/Anderson in the backfield, it could happen.

We could also be the same team, with a few different players. I'm looking for a 8-8 season, maybe 9-7. We have a very tough schedule.

Steelers do still suck though (hate those guys).