[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interview w/ Lelie's agent, Peter Scheffer

Bronco Billy

Paraphrasing, as close to the context as I can provide.

Q: Will Ashley be at practice today?

A: Highly unlikely.

Q: Lelie did pretty well as a rookie, didn't progress a lot as a second & third year player, then the Broncos talked to Terrell Owens in the past offseason. Lelie got disgruntled at not being given the #1 WR spot, correct?

A: Completely incorrect. Ashley led the league in yards per catch the past two years. He ought to be the #1 WR.

Q: So where do you go from here?

A: We feel that Ashley would fit best on another team. We don't foresee any future for him in DEN.

-----------------------------------------------

Shanahan was quoted when questioned yesterday as saying if Lelie showed up that there would be no hard feelings and that he would be thrown right into the mix. When asked if Lelie would be competing for one of the starting WR spots if he came back, Shanahan stated, no, that he has not been at offseason workouts or mini-camps and that he would be behind the other WRs on the roster.

C'ya Ashley.

:D

Guest MustOfBeenDrunk

14K a day. Will that eventually cover his cap hit if we cut him? I'd hate to think we'd lose money from him being a dumbass.

you may get lucky and land T Jones in a trade

you may get lucky and land T Jones in a trade

I heard on SIRIUS NFL radio today that this is highly unlikely. Bears have had no contact with the Broncos on this. Most likely a rumor started by Lelie's camp to gain interest.

Lelie truly F**d himself--big time.

In addition, the Broncs should just stop drafting recievers. The best receivers they have had are Rod Smith (undrafted FA) and Easy Ed (FA pickup).

I hope this Walker things works out.

Edited by Skilly

That's rich.. :D

exactly. :D he caught 42 insignificant passes, some of which happened to be plummer heaves. dude had no impact whatsoever (1 TD).

eff him and the spin his agent is trying to put on his stats.

Edited by msaint