[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dom Davis news

jetsfan

I don't understand why everyone is so worked up about the Texan's not picking Bush, but going Defense #1. I absolutely think they made the right decision. In the long term, I think a focus on building a strong defense is more important than a dominant offense. Mybe it's just me, but a team as bad as the Texans needs to begin to develop a tough D, and when a player like Williams comes available, you take him. I know Bush is supposed to be special, and maybe he is, but next year Peterson looks even better. Finding a decent RB is much easier than a stud DE. (Now hopefully Williams turns out to be a stud)

I agree with their thinking how they need to improve on defense first..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should wait till the final results before you begin gloating...... :D

Why? After all the gloating you did after the draft about the Texans NOT picking Bush, and how it was a smart move blah, blah, blah. Why can you do it and no one else can?

Why? After all the gloating you did after the draft about the Texans NOT picking Bush, and how it was a smart move blah, blah, blah. Why can you do it and no one else can?

You don't see the difference ? We had arguments about what the Texans would do. I said they would pass on Bush. The final results were in....... I was right........ I gloated a bit.

You guys are gloating over something that is still yet to be seen. If Domanick Davis doesn't play much this year, the Texans running game is junk, Mario Williams is a bust, and Reggie Bush is a stud, gloat away and I will admit that I was wrong, but, shouldn't we wait until the results are in ? :D

You guys are gloating over something that is still yet to be seen.

Actually Menudo, I am NOT gloating over Dom's knee.

And you are right, in that it is a bit premature to nail Dom's coffin completely shut.

Dom may well have enough tolerance to pain, that allows him to play through it. Although I think his days as an everydown back, might be over. I can see him performing the type same role Dorsey Levens had, at the end of his football career.

Regardless, Dom's status is definitely impotant.

As plenty of others have pointed out (and you yourself are well aware of), Kubiak is implementing the infamous Denver Zone Blocking Scheme in Houston. Whichever Texan Back emerges to take the reins, is an instantly attractive RB.

Think about it.

Would you rather spend your 2nd / 3rd round pick on a Willie Parker, or if we can sort through the log jam, a possibly lower pick on the RB who is going to be running behind the Zone Blocking Scheme for the Texans?

(Rotoworld) Although he remains sidelined without a timetable, coach Gary Kubiak is pleased with how Domanick Davis is progressing from his knee injury,

Impact: "Domanick has been very positive for the last two days," Kubiak said. "You guys saw him running. He ran very well last night." Davis, who has yet to practice, continues to follow the offensive practice script along the sideline.

I think every time a report on Davis comes out, another one is released that contradicts the earlier report. I think he'll be ready to play if he had to in week one. My gut is telling me he'll play after the bye week (5).

(Rotoworld) Although he remains sidelined without a timetable, coach Gary Kubiak is pleased with how Domanick Davis is progressing from his knee injury,

Impact: "Domanick has been very positive for the last two days," Kubiak said. "You guys saw him running. He ran very well last night." Davis, who has yet to practice, continues to follow the offensive practice script along the sideline.

I think every time a report on Davis comes out, another one is released that contradicts the earlier report. I think he'll be ready to play if he had to in week one. My gut is telling me he'll play after the bye week (5).

It's gotten to the point where he may end up being a steal. Most people's take on him, for good reason, is that he is done. This is due to the negative reports that are coming out at this time. This may cause him to slip pretty far in drafts. If you are in a situation where you can take the gamble, and he ends up playing through the pain, you might get yourself a big-time steal. I would just recommend having room on your roster for Morency & Lundy and also having 2 other starters, if that is possible.

It's gotten to the point where he may end up being a steal. Most people's take on him, for good reason, is that he is done. This is due to the negative reports that are coming out at this time. This may cause him to slip pretty far in drafts. If you are in a situation where you can take the gamble, and he ends up playing through the pain, you might get yourself a big-time steal. I would just recommend having room on your roster for Morency & Lundy and also having 2 other starters, if that is possible.

I had him last year and late in the year heard news he was doing well for weeks. 9 months later it's the same story.

Correl Buckhalter is back. :D

I would just recommend having room on your roster for Morency & Lundy and also having 2 other starters, if that is possible.

How on earth do you call that value?

Five roster spots burned to, secure three playable RB's, is not value Menudo.

I still recommend HOLD. I wouldn't put a BUY on this situation just yet.

How on earth do you call that value?

Five roster spots burned to, secure three playable RB's, is not value Menudo.

I still recommend HOLD. I wouldn't put a BUY on this situation just yet.

Obviously depends on the league structure and how far he falls. The value would be the fact that everyone is really down on him, and IF he would end up being able to play through the pain and put up his usual numbers, he is a steal.

Obviously depends on the league structure and how far he falls. The value would be the fact that everyone is really down on him, and IF he would end up being able to play through the pain and put up his usual numbers, he is a steal.

:DToo many Ifs at this point & using five roster spots to get three players, is never a steal.

I still recommend HOLD for a bit longer.

:D

:DToo many Ifs at this point & using five roster spots to get three players, is never a steal.

I still recommend HOLD for a bit longer.

O.k. This argument is ridiculous. How about this, if everyone thinks like you and Hook, and thank you BS1 for actually responding with comments instead of Hook's great response below, Domanick Davis may slip down pretty far in your draft. If you are in position to take a gamble, he could pay off HUGH for you as a late pick. Forget about getting Lundy & Morency, just taking the gamble on Davis late could be nice. Not many other guys have Top 15 potential that might slip in the draft.

P.S. Laugh all you want about top 15 potential, but, Davis injury situation was pretty similar in last year's pre-season and he started out pretty well.

O.k. This argument is ridiculous. How about this, if everyone thinks like you and Hook, and thank you BS1 for actually responding with comments instead of Hook's great response below, Domanick Davis may slip down pretty far in your draft. If you are in position to take a gamble, he could pay off HUGH for you as a late pick. Forget about getting Lundy & Morency, just taking the gamble on Davis late could be nice. Not many other guys have Top 15 potential that might slip in the draft.

P.S. Laugh all you want about top 15 potential, but, Davis injury situation was pretty similar in last year's pre-season and he started out pretty well.

Actually, his injury situation is not at all like last years Menudo.

Last year, we knew what Dom's injury was and we knew that he would recover from it.

This year, we don't even know what the actual injury was and we know that whatever it is, he will not be recovering from it. The Doctors have point blank come right out and said, that Dom will always be playing in pain for the rest of his career.

I guess it's ultimately how you feel comfortable you feel in taking a flyer on DD. Personally I can think of a couple of other RB situations with questions, that I'd rather spend a flyer on than Dom.

Especially if I had to draft right now.

:D

Actually, his injury situation is not at all like last years Menudo.

Last year, we knew what Dom's injury was and we knew that he would recover from it.

This year, we don't even know what the actual injury was and we know that whatever it is, he will not be recovering from it. The Doctors have point blank come right out and said, that Dom will always be playing in pain for the rest of his career.

I guess it's ultimately how you feel comfortable you feel in taking a flyer on DD. Personally I can think of a couple of other RB situations with questions, that I'd rather spend a flyer on than Dom.

Especially if I had to draft right now.

Solid points. We will just have to see how everything turns out.