[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DD

HowboutthemCowboys

Reading this thread was akin to reading War and Peace in Angolan--amusing, but overall not worth the effort.

Marino is the best QB to play the game so far, and Montana was the most clutch. Coincidentally, they are both from Western PA, where I am from, so I am more than a little biased. :D

Otto Graham.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for my 2 cents..

I don't think Aikman was that great, he just had two real HoF around him. Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.

You got a great RB and one great WR; of course Aikman will do a lot better with that around him.

I think Aaron Brooks could be mildy successful in that situation...

Unless he tried that trick where you run around and then try to throw a ball to an offensive lineman behind you...again.

Aikman was a fine QB.. he could of put up better stats had his team needed him too.What makes him not 1 of the greats to me is he could not stay healthy.

The Cowboys offense was great during those years mainly because they had 1 of the best offensive lines ever.

Once again, changing your statment...

You said Brady never trailed in the post-season... Only later to refine it to late in a post season game, now you're discounting because he threw an interception... My word, you talk about me being a jackass, yet, im sticking with what I say, not changing it every few minutes...

The discussion centered around Brady engineering "comeback victories" in the SB. While I was incorrect in stating that Brady NEVER played from behind in a SB, two of those "comebacks" were from being down byone score in the freaking first quarter, which pretty much disqulifies them from being labeled as such. The third was after Brady threw an INT in Carolina's endzone and Delhomme responded with a TD two plays later. In other words, that one-point "comeback" never would've been necessary if Brady hadn't pi$$ed away the lead in the first place. And it may have never happened at all if Kasay hadn't botched the kickoff near the end of regulation.

im an ignorant jackass because I equate leadership, stepping up in big games, and leading teams to super bowl victories over stats...

No, you're an ignorant j@ckass because you don't understand the difference between "team" and "individual." Winning a football game is a TEAM effort. When Brady's TEAM doesn't play well around him (like, say, on defense) he loses. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Granted, Marino did some phenominal things, he just didnt step up hugh when it mattered most.

Oh my freaking God, you are so unbelievably ignorant...

The Dolphins lost that SB because (1) their defense couldn't stop the 49ers and (2) because their offense couldn't run the ball. The Dolphins amassed 25 TOTAL rushing yards in that game. TWENTY FIVE! The Niners scored TWENTY EIGHT points in the first half, and NONE of them were due to offensive turnovers. Marino didn't throw an INT until desperation set in during the second half. Dan Marino didn't lose that game. He accounted for NINETY THREE PERCENT of his team's offense! His defense gave up 38 freaking points! How the hell is that loss Marino's fault?!?

But you wouldn't know any of this because you never watched the freaking game! Instead, you sit there and talk out of you a$$ and blame it on Marino. You have no fu@king idea what you're talking about. My God, if you're THAT unfamiliar with the details of SB 19, at least read the freaking box score before you post!

If a differing opinion makes me a jackass... Wait a second... Calling others stupid because they have an opinion that differs from yours

When you post at The Huddle, you need to back up your "opinion" with FACTS or you will be ripped to shreds. Your "Marino didn't step up when it mattered most" argument is laughably stupid and deserving of being ripped to shreds.

Just like Brady never trailing in a playoff game.

:D

You amuse me.

Even I make minor mistakes from time to time. But at least I know why the Dolphins lost SB 19 and I've actually watched enough football to know that Aikman isn't in Marino's league.

Oh, and thanks for the update for when I post at the huddle...

I'm new here and didnt know the rules.

Ass.

You're welcome. Perhaps next time you'll do your homework before making a complete ass of yourself.

Edited by Bill Swerski