[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HELP COMMISH WITH FAIR TRADE

smithta3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you or anyone for that matter can say with 1% accuracy one way or the other it's not collusion.

Do you work for the network show "Cheaters" or something?

The season hasn't started... it's not collusion. Being a commish is a pain in the ass, but you signed up for it and are only there to enforce the rules. Trading LT for Elam may be the outlier where you have to step in, but even at that it should be put to a league vote after the trade is made. For all the new commishes out there, this is the only way to resolve real disputes. You put the trade in, and if the league disputes it as collusion, then you put it to a vote. The big problem with shat like this is it gives both teams time to think about it. If one side changes their mind, then the trade doesn't happen. If you were on the short end of that stick, you'd be pissed. It's so hard to trade big names and it always stirs the league up. A commish that tries to run teams will fail.

I hate topics like this and yet I continue to post in them--

who the flk are you to tell me whether my trade is fair or not? I paid my money, it's my flkkn team, let me manage it!! If you think I'm weak or stupid, don't let me in next year. If you think I'm colluding with another owner, kick us both out now! If not, shut up. I didn't join the league to lose and if I make moranic mistakes, hopefully I'll learn from them. I haven't had a babysitter since I was 9. I don't want one now.

A rule like this would have me walking - make that running - away from a FF league in less than a heartbeat.

I can tolerate stupidity in the way others manage their own teams. I won't tolerate stupidity when others try to manage my team.

Yeah, you're right BB. That was a poorly worded suggestion. Maybe a rule that states if a majority of the owners vote to DISAPPROVE a trade. But again, the politics enter in. F'm. All trades go! Even if there's sex involved.

1. You can't leave Bledsoe out of the equation UNLESS there are roster limits which prevent team B from keeping all three players. If there are roster limits, then the player that team B is dropping to stay within the limits should be included in the trade as well, going to team A.

2. Assuming roster limits don't prevent team B from keeping all three players, here is one way to evaluate this trade. Using the huddle top 120 list, I took the cheat sheeet slots these players should be drafted at. Team A gets (12+15) and team B gets (17+26+55). I then compared a trade of those draft spots using the this evaluator (http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm). It says that team B is coming out on top of this trade.

3. The commish isn't responsible for making sure trades are fair, but they are supposed to prevent collusion, which I can hardly imaging occurring before kickoff of the 1st game. I'd tell the teams that they cannot prevent the trade, but if they feel that strongly about it they can, by majority, they can kick team B out of the league and you will all redraft. Just a guess but I imagine there's already enough bad blood that team B wouldn't object too hard to taking his money back and going elsewhere.

I see it this way. Let the guy get screwed. Call it a day. Give him the toilet bowl award at the end of the yr. This will make him a better fantasy player down the road. When he realize he did something stuip. Plus gives the other owners more chance to win. But if u think its conclusion that is another story.

Assuming that this is a money league, Team B's fees are green like everyone else's. He can do whatever he wants with his team. Granted he clearly made some bad picks and is behind the 8-ball with some of those picks. Maybe team B is thinking that if he gets Manning, he can trade him to someone else for another player, possibly a RB that I would think he desperately needs.

The trade itself is fair, you cannot look at someone's needs or roster to evaluate a deal, they're irrelevant. How many times has someone made a deal with another possible deal in mind. Its the nature of trading in fantasy football.

Let the deal be done!

:D

Im going to take a different tact....

You note that this is your first yr as commish and your 5th as a ff player. You know very well the issues with running a leauge, but given your first brush with owners complaining....you have cold feet.

The deal is fair....Grits and Shins has posted on this topic many times and I believe he was the third or 4th person in here.

IF..you block this or in any way assist in the blocking of it.....NO MATTER WHAT YOUR REASON...you are overstepping your bounds.

By the same token...I think you are doing a good thing in brining this here...some have noted dismay that this has made it to the third page. I think this exact issue is a frequent issue in FF Leagues, even with experienced players.

Maybe there should be a commish advice forum...TheOhioState would make a great moderator. :D

No offense TOS.

Hardrocker