[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo Williams

rebdog

Posted again for your benefit:

Rank Player Team Rets Yds Avg LG TDs

1 Justin Miller NYJ 3 89 29.7 41 0

2 Willie Ponder SEA 3 88 29.3 41 0

3 Allen Rossum ATL 3 87 29.0 38 0

4 Terrence Wilkins IND 4 111 27.8 33 0

5 Terrence McGee BUF 4 110 27.5 44 0

6 J.R. Reed STL 2 51 25.5 29 0

7 Maurice Hicks SF 6 151 25.2 32 0

8 Bobby Wade TEN 3 75 25.0 30 0

9 J.J. Arrington ARI 5 124 24.8 30 0

10 Wes Welker MIA 3 74 24.7 30 0

11 Santonio Holmes PIT 2 49 24.5 28 0

12 Michael Pittman TB 5 121 24.2 27 0

13 Tab Perry CIN 2 48 24.0 34 0

14 Tyson Thompson DAL 2 46 23.0 26 0

15 Josh Cribbs CLE 5 114 22.8 40 0

16 Dante Hall KC 4 87 21.8 32 0

17 DeAngelo Williams CAR 3 64 21.3 24 0

18 Phillip Buchanon HOU 2 41 20.5 21 0

19 Mike Bell DEN 2 40 20.0 21 0

20 Laurence Maroney NE 3 59 19.7 24 0

21 David Kircus DEN 2 38 19.0 20 0

22 Bruce Perry PHI 3 57 19.0 24 0

23 Samkon Gado GB 3 57 19.0 23 0

24 Eddie Drummond DET 2 38 19.0 21 0

25 Chad Morton NYG 6 112 18.7 29 0

26 Robert Ferguson GB 2 36 18.0 20 0

27 Noah Herron GB 2 36 18.0 21 0

So Joseph Addai is the ONLY rookie RB taken in the FIRST round this year NOT to return a punt/kick

LEGEND

• Rookie RBs drafted in the 1st round

• Rookie RBs drafted after the 1st round

• Starting RBs

• Backup RBs

We already acknowledged Maroney and Williams.

Posting a list and highlighting RBs like Gado and Bell that were not only NOT first round draft picks, but weren't even drafted further reinforces my premise that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Williams is a first round draft pick retrurning kicks in his very first game. Provide further examples or shut the yump up.

Edited by Vet

We already acknowledged Maroney and Williams.

Posting a list and highlighting RBs like Gado and Bell that were not only NOT first round draft picks, but weren't even drafted further reinforces my premise that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah whatever ... I guess you missed the LEGEND on that post.

You wanted a list of first rounder RBs that returned punts/kicks, doubting that there were any other than DeAngelo ... I pointed out that Addai was the ONLY rookie RB taken in the first round NOT to return a kick. So THREE out of FOUR of the rookie RBs taken this year returned a punt/kick.

And you think that makes me an idiot.

Those are my last words to you on this topic.

Agreed....let's get back to the original issue (and keep value to this thread).

As another D. Williams owner I was quite disappointed as well not seeing Williams get a carry. I watched the entire game and was just not pleased with the amount of time that I saw Williams on the field. I don't remember exactly, but he must have lined up in the backfield a half dozen times or less. It was becoming quite apparent near the end of the game that Carolina was going nowhere fast. I was expecting them to give Williams some carries at this point or at least get him on the field, but no luck.

I've resolved myself to the fact the Williams won't hold any value whatsoever until Foster gets injured. Which is a good reason to hold onto him.

Carolina may be in some trouble. The loss of Trevelle Wharton ( if he's out long term ), will be huge for the running game. They tried to move Mike Wahle from LG to LT during the game, and it was obvious to all he cannot handle that position. He admitted so himself in training camp. I heard on the radio this morning that Gross went to the coaching staff at halftime and asked them to move him over to LT. Evan Mathis also played poorly at RG.

I thought Foster ran hard yesterday, and given the performance of the line, and the injury to Wharton he did better than expected. There was nothing to gain IMO by putting DeAngelo in there to get abused. Jake played like Brett Jr. , which will happen a few times a year.

I believe Willams will be on the field to return kicks, and he will get carries later in games when they are in a position to run. Yesterday was not it.

Yeah whatever ... I guess you missed the LEGEND on that post.

You wanted a list of first rounder RBs that returned punts/kicks, doubting that there were any other than DeAngelo ... I pointed out that Addai was the ONLY rookie RB taken in the first round NOT to return a kick. So THREE out of FOUR of the rookie RBs taken this year returned a punt/kick.

And you think that makes me an idiot.

Those are my last words to you on this topic.

Fair enough.

We've (I've) made this into to big of a deal than it should be.

My original point was that I was surprised that John Fox would put Williams back there to return kicks given the fact that they had invested a good chuck of change (first round draft pick signing bonus money) in him and that given Foster's history with injuries they have no real back-up other than Willaims. And the fact that no one else had any carries leads me to believe that there is no one to even spell Foster for a few carries here or there other than Williams. So, I was thinking that it's odd to risk your first rounder on kick returns but not use him at all from scrimmage.

I got bent out of shape on the whole "it happens all the time" thing because I know that it doesn't "happen all the time" and sometimes you tend to state things as if they are fact when in fact they are not. And offering up Samkon Gado as an example of a first round draft pick that returns kicks just reinforces my opinion that your opinion is worth very little.

Edit: sp

Edited by Vet

Ahh Blitz....in the storm of a pissing contest....you provide both sanity and humor...... :D

I thought, hmmm, interesting question, not the best one I have ever read, but nonetheless, where is that information going to come from...and then.... :D

Just had to share....LOL....

:lol:

They play another game like they did yesterday and Williams will be getting all the carries!

Okay since 2003, these are all the former first round picks that have either returned kicks or punts. (min of 20, except for this year, since no one has punted 20 times this year) based on NFL.com stats of kick and punt returning.

KICK RETURNS

Santonio Holmes

Laurence Maroney

DeAngelo Williams

Pacman Jones

Koren Robinson

PUNT RETURNS

Charles Woodson

Pacman Jones

Reggie Bush

Chris Gamble

Santana Moss

Joey Galloway

Phllip Buchanon

Peter Warrick

R.W. McQuarters

Deltha O'Neal

Charlie Rogers

Edited by CD6405

My input on the orginal topic is that the CAR game in general was very unusual. CAR is a superbowl favorite and looked NOTHING like one. Things will change. They will demolish teams. (i'm not a homer)

I agree it was weird we didn't see DeAngelo get reps - but I think there was alot of weird shiet in that game that will likely reverse itself this season. Smith will come back, Foster will miss games, and they will put up 21+ points fairly frequently.