[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Turner

crispirons

like i said, i'm not overly optimistic, just something i could see happening. lets face it, rivers isn't going to ever throw more than 30 times a game. that means they probably will run.......say what.......35-45 times a game. that should still leave turner with 5-10 looks with an upside of more. something to think about i think, especially later in the yr.

rivers was just 25/35. thats 5 more than 30.

like i said, i'm not overly optimistic, just something i could see happening. lets face it, rivers isn't going to ever throw more than 30 times a game. that means they probably will run.......say what.......35-45 times a game. that should still leave turner with 5-10 looks with an upside of more. something to think about i think, especially later in the yr.

25 of 36 for 235, 1 TD and 0 INT

This was the game to get Rivers throwing the ball in a game situation. Gates has not been used as much because they were conservative the first week and went VERY Vanilla from the middle of the third quarter on.

You will probably see Turner more this year than in the past. It will keep LT fresh in the games and toward the end of the year. The coaches are very comfortable letting Turner work the clock between the tackles and as you see, has the wheels to break long runs. Did it last year to break Indy's back for a long TD.

If you look at a game like last year against the Skins, you will see that LT plays the whole game, with a few breathers by Turner. I'm pretty sure Marty is not too worried about our fantasy scores.

In my league with our performance scoring, LT is the #1 player right now and that is with plenty of bench time. Not much to complain about for the draft pick! :D

He's available in a league I'm in because the LT owner is not interested. It's a redraft so I'm not really interested either until I get past a few byes and can afford to hold guys like that.

In a keeper, he has value. He is big, fast and strong and can obviously run in this league, albiet garbage time. He'll be a restricted FA at the end of the year and someone else may out bid the Chargers to keep him. If that is the case, he'll likely have a chance to start. So, with that, I put him more in the Chester Taylor catagory barring an LT injury.

Under the circumstances, I actually think Turner will start getting more work in the Diego offense, if for no other reason than to keep LT strong for the stretch run. It seems like all NFL teams are trying to adopt the RB committee approach now, so any team with a viable #2 will be inclined to give them more reps. Turner, right now anyway, appears to be an above average #2 - although he's #2 to the best all around player in the league. I picked him anyway - 'cause if LT goes down, then you really do have LJ 2.0.

Really? He's never gotten dinged to the point where he played but wasn't the same? Didn't he finish last season on a no-TD streak because he was hurt?

He has not gotten the catastrophic season ending injury like some backs have had, but he definitely gets hurt. I think that spelling him with Turner makes sense for the team...they could care less about us FFers.

The last couple years LT has ended up with little dings that hurt his effectiveness.

Ideally, LT owners lose some carries on the front end to Turner for increased production down the stretch. Sounds like a winning bargain to me :D

All I know is that in PPR leagues, Turner is currently like the 17th best fantasy RB. In non-PPR leagues, he's about 12th.

I'm not saying Turner is an every week start. But yeah, against weak DEFs, it may very well be worth playing both LT2 and Turner, a la Holmes/Johnson last year. At least for those who lack clear-cut better options.