[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Jaguars Game Thread

Menudo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Setting him in with the immortals like Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer.... :D

Tell me how many times those players finished in the top 5 in QB Rating.....Ben has twice in two years.

Best QB rating and completion % by a rookie EVER

Tied for the best starting win-loss record by a QB EVER

Youngest QB to win a Super Bowl EVER

I really wish we would have taken someone else.

Hey, I don't begrudge you guys loving Roeth, there's a lot to like there.

But as of right now, he's a promising young QB; tell me again what Charlie Batch's record is QBing this Steeler's team the past couple years? :D

Oops, cut myself short there... :D

...Roeth is a heckuva player, but there's a LOT left for him to do. He's certainly had a helluva start and only an idiot would deny he sure looks like the real deal. At least he won't ever have to put up with that "if (insert QB's name here, usually Dan Marino) is so good, how come he never won a SB?" bull.

Hey, I don't begrudge you guys loving Roeth, there's a lot to like there.

But as of right now, he's a promising young QB; tell me again what Charlie Batch's record is QBing this Steeler's team the past couple years? :D

I'll tell you that after you tell me what Tommy Maddox's record was the last couple of year. :D

I liked Tommy Maddox.

I did too. Until he started sucking harder than Kordell Stewart.

I'm not ready to proclaim Ben one of the great QBs of all time. But if you think the Steelers are the same team with Batch as with Ben, you haven't watched enough Steelers games.

Must every thread involving Menudo turn into a Steelers bashing episode? :D

C'mon guys, quit being such a bunch of haters and taking easy shots at him. Like the Steelers or not, you have to give some credit where it's due.

Dunno if this is directed at me, but I'll certainly credit Roeth with doing a good job for a young QB - but he DOES have the advantage of a top-notch run game and D. He hasn't had to carry a team yet - not that that is something that you can necessarily denigrate him for, I don't expect him to demand a trade to the Raiders to "prove" anything to anybody.

Dunno if this is directed at me, but I'll certainly credit Roeth with doing a good job for a young QB - but he DOES have the advantage of a top-notch run game and D. He hasn't had to carry a team yet - not that that is something that you can necessarily denigrate him for, I don't expect him to demand a trade to the Raiders to "prove" anything to anybody.

No, wasn't directed at you. Was mainly just a comment in general about the endless trashing Menudo gets. He's a diehard homer, supports his point of view with facts (sometimes slanted due to his homerism) and continually gets bashed by some just because it's "cool" (so it seems to me).

Just get's old reading the same old arguments sometimes, that's all :D I'll step off my soapbox now.

No, wasn't directed at you. Was mainly just a comment in general about the endless trashing Menudo gets. He's a diehard homer, supports his point of view with facts (sometimes slanted due to his homerism) and continually gets bashed by some just because it's "cool" (so it seems to me).

Just get's old reading the same old arguments sometimes, that's all :D I'll step off my soapbox now.

Piling on is the easiest thing in the world to do. Some people can't resist it.

I do deserve some of it though...... :D

It is a shame thought that I can't have any serious conversations about the Steelers, and other Steeler fans can't enjoy a discussion because it always become a "lets go fishing for Menudo" thread. Like I said, I'm definitely partly to blame, but, it is a shame.

So far, this is exactly what was expected. Two solid, physical defenses doing battle. The Steelers have dropped 3 crucial balls already, which you can't do against a defense as good as this. Roethlisberger doesn't look perfect by any means, but, looks decent considering the circumstances.

No, I'd agree that it's tiresome how ANYTHING Menudo starts or posts in turns into a "bash Menudo/Pittsburgh" thread (90% of the time in non-Steeler thread completely NOT his fault); despite his black-and-gold colored glasses, he DOES know his football; but then again...

I do deserve some of it though...... :D

I'm definitely partly to blame, but, it is a shame.

...the man himself knows his hands have blood on them in this matter.

I've been a bit rough on him lately, but I'm sort of a jerk, so I think it's expected. :D

No, I'd agree that it's tiresome how ANYTHING Menudo starts or posts in turns into a "bash Menudo/Pittsburgh" thread (90% of the time in non-Steeler thread completely NOT his fault); despite his black-and-gold colored glasses, he DOES know his football; but then again...

...the man himself knows his hands have blood on them in this matter.

I've been a bit rough on him lately, but I'm sort of a jerk, so I think it's expected. :D

:D

It's guys like Chavez that ruin this damn board !!!