[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowher's an ass

HowboutthemCowboys

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the Chiefs fault for showing up so freaking unprepared.

After watching Herm with the Jets the past few years, I can tell you to get used to it. Herm is a great motivator, and seems like a pretty good guy. He's just not much of a head coach IMO.

After watching Herm with the Jets the past few years, I can tell you to get used to it. Herm is a great motivator, and seems like a pretty good guy. He's just not much of a head coach IMO.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who was thoroughly baffled at the bidding war over him. You could've gotten Mike Sherman or Wade Phillips for cheaper and had your team finish with about the same record.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who was thoroughly baffled at the bidding war over him. You could've gotten Mike Sherman or Wade Phillips for cheaper and had your team finish with about the same record.

Everyone wanted him because he kinda looks like Tony Dungy, and he's a good coach.

That perfectly describes Cowher too.

:D

Cowher's record speaks for itself. I can't believe there are some Steeler fans that still question him. He has been a phenomenal coach.

Edited by Menudo

That perfectly describes Cowher too.

Cowher? This is from a Steeler fan? I can't believe I'm about to say this, but...

Has this team been on cruise control then for the passed 14 years? The 3 losing seasons in 14 years are a fluke? 10 playoff appearances? 142- 85 regular season record, 12-9 post season?

I'll say the same thing about LT and the 49ers game, he shouldnt be in, he is way too important to that team.

Even IF Turner is injured, with the score and time remaining there, I very much agree. Stupid decision.

Cowher? This is from a Steeler fan? I can't believe I'm about to say this, but...

Has this team been on cruise control then for the passed 14 years? The 3 losing seasons in 14 years are a fluke? 10 playoff appearances? 142- 85 regular season record, 12-9 post season?

Exactly, he has been a phenomenal coach, and I'm going to hate it when he hangs it up, which might be soon. :D

Tom Brady has a better win % in the post season than the whole Pittsburgh Steelers team has under Bill Cowher. Brady Has more Super Bowls too. :D

:D

Cowher's record speaks for itself. I can't believe there are some Steeler fans that still question him. He has been a phenomenal coach.

Yep. I said it. He is a phenomenal motivator. And he surrounds himself with great people. But when it comes to in-game coaching, he's not so good. Clock management is horrible. Almost always gets out-coached in the half-time adjustment area. I'm not saying he's a terrible coach, I just don't think he's as good as his record would suggest.

Is Brady a coach ?

Nope, Tom Brady is a man and goes out on the field himself and gets those championships. If he wants a Championship he goes out on the field and TAKES it. Cowher has other grown men go get it for him.

Edited by CD6405

Tom Brady has a better win % in the post season than the whole Pittsburgh Steelers team has under Bill Cowher. Brady Has more Super Bowls too. :D

Let's talk in 10 years, see if Brady is STILL winning.

14 years of consistant winning. I'm a Raider fan and have no love for the team, but this is the way I'm calling it. The guy is money.

Yep. I said it. He is a phenomenal motivator. And he surrounds himself with great people. But when it comes to in-game coaching, he's not so good. Clock management is horrible. Almost always gets out-coached in the half-time adjustment area. I'm not saying he's a terrible coach, I just don't think he's as good as his record would suggest.

I would argue thi sfrom a fan of any team speaking about Cowher like this. But from a Steeler fan the ignorance is overwhelming. You don't go that long on being a good motivator-bad coach. It would catch up to you eventually.

Coming from a Steeler fan, this is staggering in it's stupidity.

He is a phenomenal motivator...But when it comes to in-game coaching, he's not so good. Clock management is horrible. Almost always gets out-coached in the half-time adjustment area. I'm not saying he's a terrible coach, I just don't think he's as good as his record would suggest.

Wow, this sounds almost exactly what I would say about Herman Edwards. :D

Edit: Particularly the clock management thing. There is no doubt in my mind Herm is the worst clock managing head coach in a long, long time.

Edited by Skrappy1

I would argue thi sfrom a fan of any team speaking about Cowher like this. But from a Steeler fan the ignorance is overwhelming. You don't go that long on being a good motivator-bad coach. It would catch up to you eventually.

Coming from a Steeler fan, this is staggering in it's stupidity.

When you've learned how to read (I specifically said that he is not a bad coach), then you can start calling other people stupid.