[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowher's an ass

HowboutthemCowboys

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, now they aren't winning it the proper way. :D You people crack me up.

Get off the cross, somebody could probably use the wood.

It just seems that staying aggressive on a team they are CRUSHING isn't the standard Cowher m.o. It's like he's been possessed by the spirit of Jerry Glanville or something.

i really gotta agree here Menudo. You can't tell me going for it on 4th down in the qtr when a FG would've put them up by a ton was NOT as agressive as they come.

Nothing wrong with being agressive, you can't be such a homer that you refuse to see it, instead saying something totally asinine as "so now that aren't winning the proper way?" Come on man. I ALWAYS defend you on here, but this is a bit homeristic, even for you. I understand you're happy they won, and happy they blew someone out but have a little pride.

Edited by LooGie

for the record, It was pretty obvious Cowher was playing to the fans. He must've been getting reamed by em leading up the game, and wanted to give them something to speak kindly to him about when he's pumping his gas.

Even the commentator (whoever it was) said he held onto the flag for at least 30 seconds and showed it to the whole stadium basically before lofting it out there. He was trying to give them a show.

I thought it was cool Cowher was going for the throat. I'm a football fan, not a Steeler or a KC fan so I can appreciate it. But I can understand how someone could say it was a bit over the top.

quit all the pissing and moaning. this was the perfect time for cowher to test out his newly acquired rb davenport, to do what he was brought here for. he hasnt been able to see much of what davenport could do, so testing him out with a safe lead was the perfect time to do so.. davenport has been known for fumbling, you gotta build up his confidence with a new team.

we had a second year guard starting for i believe first time in his career. he very well could take over the job of simmons with his great playing today and shaky play of simmons so far. it was important to see how he plays at the goal line where the oline can win you games.

the starting fullback dan kreider got hurt earlier in the game, so it was also important to see what haynes could do at fullback on the 1. he will be starting during the next few games with kreider likely out.

he made the fans happy and got his players much needed experience.. good call bill.

quit all the pissing and moaning. this was the perfect time for cowher to test out his newly acquired rb davenport, to do what he was brought here for. he hasnt been able to see much of what davenport could do, so testing him out with a safe lead was the perfect time to do so.. davenport has been known for fumbling, you gotta build up his confidence with a new team.

we had a second year guard starting for i believe first time in his career. he very well could take over the job of simmons with his great playing today and shaky play of simmons so far. it was important to see how he plays at the goal line where the oline can win you games.

the starting fullback dan kreider got hurt earlier in the game, so it was also important to see what haynes could do at fullback on the 1. he will be starting during the next few games with kreider likely out.

he made the fans happy and got his players much needed experience.. good call bill.

:D these are some good points. albeit and agressive call (which noone SHOULD deny) your points prove it may have been a much needed call. :D

Since this topic was started by a Cowboy fan, maybe you can tell me if Parcells is "an ass" as well, since Romo threw a TD pass to T.O. with 2:29 remaining in a 28-6 game. Quit hating the Steelers, and look at your own team who's doing the exact same thing. Ass.

Since this topic was started by a Cowboy fan, maybe you can tell me if Parcells is "an ass" as well, since Romo threw a TD pass to T.O. with 2:29 remaining in a 28-6 game. Quit hating the Steelers, and look at your own team who's doing the exact same thing. Ass.

The losing record does seem to be getting to the towel wavers, doesn't it? :D:D

And you also will defend and glorify everything and anything Steelers whether it is warranted or not.

Absolutely un-true, and if you actually read my posts and not jump on the bandwagon you would know that. There are a lot of Steelers that I rip: Joey Porter, Ricardo Colclough, Plaxico Burress, Chad Scott, etc.

However, I think there are a lot of other teams that would give anything to have Cowher as a coach. He has done a phenomenal job, and you can't 'luck' your way into having a track record like his. Giving the credit to 'the good people he has around him' is a deflection. Good coaches get good assistants around them, so that is just another compliment.

Also, to call him a poor clock-management guy is ignoring his record when playing with the lead (prior to this year) and the fact that he is 100-1-1 when leading by 10 or more in the 2nd half.

Listen, there have been times where I've gotten frustrated with Cowher as well. There have been times where he has been out-coached in big games, but, for the most part, he has been exceptional. Look around the league and tell me who you would rather have. He has had a borderline hall-of-fame career, and that doesn't happen by accident.

I do respect your opinion though.

Edited by Menudo

This was in today's Post-Gazette:

Cowher ran his record to 101-1-1 when his team leads by more than 10 points ... The Steelers ran their record under Cowher to 114-12-1 (.902) when they lead at the half. The only coaches in NFL history with better records are Hall of Famers George Halas (.918) and Vince Lombardi (.905)

:D

Absolutely un-true, and if you actually read my posts and not jump on the bandwagon you would know that. There are a lot of Steelers that I rip: Joey Porter, Ricardo Colclough, Plaxico Burress, Chad Scott, etc.

However, I think there are a lot of other teams that would give anything to have Cowher as a coach. He has done a phenomenal job, and you can't 'luck' your way into having a track record like his. Giving the credit to 'the good people he has around him' is a deflection. Good coaches get good assistants around them, so that is just another compliment.

Also, to call him a poor clock-management guy is ignoring his record when playing with the lead (prior to this year) and the fact that he is 100-1-1 when leading by 10 or more in the 2nd half.

Listen, there have been times where I've gotten frustrated with Cowher as well. There have been times where he has been out-coached in big games, but, for the most part, he has been exceptional. Look around the league and tell me who you would rather have. He has had a borderline hall-of-fame career, and that doesn't happen by accident.

I do respect your opinion though.

Steeler fan catfight! Steeler fan catfight! :D:D:bash:

I'm headed to court, but I'll leave you with this thought:

Clock management isn't only important when you have a lead.

Discuss.

True, and like I said, I've had games where I've got angry with Cowher. Good luck in court. :D