[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Phillip Rivers

LosGatosEnFuegos

I was just checking out the EOS. SD has one of the toughest schedules down the road with 6 tough matchups and only one good one (which does fall during the finals of most leagues though). Anyone think that now may be a good time to ship him out, or will he be able to put up good numbers even against tough D's? He put up pedestrian numbers against the tough Ravens and Raiders pass D's, and while his numbers were reasonable against KC last week, they were not outstanding. His value may be at its highest after the St. Louis game this week. What does everyone think?

The games against the Raiders and Ravens were early on when Marty wasn't sure about Rivers' play-making ability. Ever since Marty has allowed Rivers to pass more freely he has done pretty well. The next two games (@ home against St. Louis and Cleveland) should be good weeks for Rivers, and with the weapons he has on offense I only see him getting better and better, unfavorable matchup or not. IMO, I'd stay with him.

The games against the Raiders and Ravens were early on when Marty wasn't sure about Rivers' play-making ability. Ever since Marty has allowed Rivers to pass more freely he has done pretty well. The next two games (@ home against St. Louis and Cleveland) should be good weeks for Rivers, and with the weapons he has on offense I only see him getting better and better, unfavorable matchup or not. IMO, I'd stay with him.

+1. Good point on the games being before Rivers proved himself, so to speak. I'm sticking with him, partly because I think he can do it, and partly because I drafted Warner and Bledsoe :D

STL, CLE, @CIN, @DEN, OAK, @BUF, DEN, KCC, @SEA, ARI

This is his schedule. IMO the tough ones are Den twice, at Buff can be tough because of weather, and that's it. Add one maybe for at Cin and at Sea, figure one is tough. So I like 6 matchups and dislike 4. To me STL, CLE, OAK, KCC, and ARI at home are all very good matchups. What I also like is 6 of 10 games home and 2 home games during the playoffs.

Edited by giantsfan

I got rid of Warner and picked of Rivers for the stretch run. I am sticking with him regardless of what happens for the following reasons:

1. He has been finding his weapons consistently - he has thrown to a TD to Gates in every game since being let loose (as pointed out by DMD in the projections)

2. LT!/Turner - takes the pressure off and gives him a very good reason to make short, high percentage passes with a high YAC.

3. Has proven that he can rebound from a rough start against a stiff D - this was the clincher for me, this past weekend. I saw the INT and fumble and thought here is an opportunity for this kid to rise to the occassion. He brought his team back and ended up with respectable totals.

I also like the 6 out of 10 games at home down the stretch and the 2 at home. :D I'm sticking with him.

I like the kid.

He seems to be very accurate in his throws and is performing very well for a rookie. He seems confident and competitive and was cool under the Blitzburg packages.

Swing passes to LT and curls underneath the linebackers to AG are high percentage passes to two of the best at their positions in the league.

I have been playing him over Vick. It bit me last week, but oh well.

kinda been said in many ways already but...

by "Cut him loose" I'm sure you don't mean drop him, right? For what? Is Eli Manning on your waiver wire?

If you can trade for a QB you feel is better down the stretch, fine, but he's done pretty well, and definitely stays on your team.

You kind of hit the nail on the head. Is Eli on your wire? I have no issue getting a better QB from today forward I guess my only thought is how many are we talking about that are better from today forward? Again maybe 8 or so. So if you can get 1 of those 8 or so guys fine but if you can't keep and play Rivers.

Better from today forward:

McNabb, Peyton, Eli, Palmer, and Bulger are the only ones I rather have for sure, and Bulger isn't a lock MUCH better. The rest like Kitna, Delhomme, Favre, Brees, and Brady are certainly no lock to be better or worse. I would group those guys together. So like I said above in the 8-12 range IMO from today forward.