[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Mike Bell done in Denver?

FishFreak

I've been busy playing with the kids all weekend and coaching my daughters basket ball team. I just had to tell you :( that I had this dream last night :doh: that Mike Bell was not only benched but innactive for the game. ;) I know it sounds funny, because there's no way it's true when he's not hurt, actually played well in the 4th quarter of the Pitt. game, and doesn't appear to be in Shanny's dog house. Man....what a wierd dream that was :bash: .

:huh::lol::D:D

:bash::clap::tup:

Edited by NAUgrad

Wow. Here I was thinking this would end up making sense. :D

I don't have the coach's tape of the Pittsburgh OR Oakland game, but I don't think it's farfetched to believe Tatum left more yards on the field yesterday than Mike did in Week 9.

I'm still wondering why reporters in Denver aren't ALL over this story. Are they all that far up Shanny's ass??

Wow. Here I was thinking this would end up making sense. :D

I don't have the coach's tape of the Pittsburgh OR Oakland game, but I don't think it's farfetched to believe Tatum left more yards on the field yesterday than Mike did in Week 9.

I'm still wondering why reporters in Denver aren't ALL over this story. Are they all that far up Shanny's ass??

they certainly weren't cutting him any slack on AM talk radio this morning.

they certainly weren't cutting him any slack on AM talk radio this morning.

What were they saying? I really don't hear the media going off on this (because the Broncos won). So then I start to wonder, am I blowing this out of proportion because I own Mike Bell and want to see him do well?

What were they saying? I really don't hear the media going off on this (because the Broncos won). So then I start to wonder, am I blowing this out of proportion because I own Mike Bell and want to see him do well?

Here is one article that at least mentions it.

From that article:

The Broncos won, and there is no taking that away from them, although the Raiders had no problem taking the ball from Plummer. Three times they did so and a fourth had to go to replay before siding in favor of Plummer. It is just that the Raiders could not do much with the football after they did.

The same thing is true of the storied running game of the Broncos, not storied here unless the story is a lie, and it might very well be that. Tatum Bell ran like a feather in a fan, fluttering out only 37 of the 63 Denver rushing yards.

Whatever Mike Shanahan is doing by choosing a Bell a week, and usually the wrong one, the Broncos on the ground might as well be . . . well, the Raiders or any other humdrum offense. In fact, that ought to be how you tell Tatum Bell from Mike Bell, call the one Hum and the other Drum. If not that, then Hodge and Podge.

Mike Bell was benched on purpose instead of Tatum Bell this week, leaving the fate of the Broncos in the hands of Plummer, and if you put the arm of Plummer with the leg of punter Paul Ernster, you still have only half a scarecrow.

With that and the Chargers coming for a spotlight game Sunday night, prospects are chilling indeed.

The Broncos seem almost back where they started, not just back at the beginning of the season when the defense was bailing out Plummer each week, but even beyond that, back into training camp when the roster was in flux and Shanahan was piecing and patching trying to find the team he would go to war with.

"We go week to week," Shanahan said. "We're trying to get our best players on the field."

Shanahan seems to be using the roster for punishment. He benched tackle George Foster and brought players up from the practice squad. And which Bell will it be next week?

Ask not for whom the Bell tolls. He is probably inactive.

now Shanny seems remorseful about playing Tatum...

"I'm a little disappointed in myself that I played Tatum Bell as much as I did," Shanahan said. "Even though he says he's healthy, I don't think he's as healthy as he says he is. And I saw that in the game." ...

"You can see what a guy can do, what a guy does consistently over a couple years' time," Shanahan said. "When the guy can't do that, you know he's hurting a little bit more than he's letting on." ...

Nash never cleanly fielded the handoff from Jake Plummer, though, and was left to salvage the possession by falling on the football for no gain.

"Those things happen. I'm just very happy he was able to recover it," Shanahan said. "It did help his cause."

At the very least, carrying four times for 14 yards allowed Nash to gain a toehold in a running-back derby that suddenly appears wide open, with all four of the Broncos' tailbacks notching carries in the past two games.

"(Nash has) looked good in practice from when he did play in the preseason game (against Tennessee in August)," Shanahan said. "I thought we needed a guy that was healthy, a guy that was biting at the bit a little bit to get his opportunity, to kind of see what he could do in the second half of the season. So we'll do things like that throughout the season, and sometimes when you have competition at certain positions, you don't know when it's going to occur, but chances are it will occur."

LINK

he sounds like he's holding friggin tryouts for the JV 3A high school squad :D

note to Denver RBs... fumble the exchange then quickly recover the fumble, you just might win the starting job :bash:

then there's this nugget from KFFL...

Nov 13 Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos RB Tatum Bell (toe) remains the team's starting running back, even though Bell continues to be hampered by a turf toe injury. Bell will have to show he is ready in practice this week if he plans on receiving an increased workload Week 11.

LINK

:D