[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears - Vikes

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing worse than Grossman trash talking is Grossman with his tail between his legs and apologizing for it. Why doesn't he say, "He** yea, I trash talked. Whatya gonna do about it?"

:D:D I'd love for a QB to come out with "maybe they should beat us and shut me up."

Vikings safety blasts Grossman for trash-talking

By Larry Mayer

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – With a rant against Rex Grossman that would have made a professional wrestling promoter proud, Darren Sharper turned Sunday’s game at Soldier Field into a grudge match.

Speaking to Chicago media during a conference call Wednesday, the Vikings safety blasted the Bears quarterback for how he reacted after throwing a game-winning touchdown pass in the first meeting between the teams Sept. 24 in Minnesota.

“He is a confident guy and we sensed that from how he was running his mouth when he played us,” Sharper said. “He was very confident, so we’ll see how confident he is on Sunday.

“He was running his mouth pretty much the whole game and he especially ran his mouth when he threw that last touchdown pass. He came over and said some things to my fellow safety (Dwight Smith) and a couple of our defensive players. So you know he is a cocky guy.

"He is going to say those things. But just make sure he is not the guy who kills their season for them. So we’ll see what happens on Sunday.”

Grossman’s 24-yard TD pass to Rashied Davis with 1:53 remaining gave the Bears a 19-16 victory in a battle for first place in the NFC North. The score came after cornerback Antoine Winfield had intercepted a Grossman pass and returned it 7 yards for a TD on the first play of the fourth quarter, giving Minnesota a 13-9 lead.

“I probably said some things that I regret, but the whole game their DBs were talking to me, just really getting under my skin a little bit and probably more than I should have allowed it to,” Grossman said. “But they were just yapping the whole game. I threw the interception for the touchdown and Dwight Smith came up and smacked me on my helmet and was in my face.

“It was just kind of one of those deals (where I was) facing all that adversity and (was) just so emotional that when we finally got the touchdown pass I probably went overboard a little bit with some of my emotions and some of the things I said. But it was in that moment. I regret it, but I had all that pent up inside that I had to let it go.”

Likeable and generally easy going, Grossman admitted that what he did was out of character for him.

“I don’t ever do that,” said the 2003 first-round pick from Florida. “It was the first time I did it all year. If something like that happens where someone’s on me the whole game, talking trash the whole game and then you make a play like that to win the game, I couldn’t help but say something.

“It wasn’t really ever (directed) at Darren Sharper. It was mostly at Dwight Smith. Darren Sharper never said a word. I think it was more in response to backing up Dwight Smith because he turned his back. He wouldn’t let me talk to him. But I regret it and it’s hopefully a situation that never comes up.”

Sharper said that Grossman’s actions were unprecedented.

“I’ve never had a quarterback say the things he said before and I’ve been playing 10 years,” Sharper said. “I’ve gone against some wild and **** ****y, brash quarterbacks. I felt like he stepped over the line a little bit.

"A quarterback should never talk trash. That’s what I think. That’s just me because I am a defensive back. I don’t want any quarterback talking trash to me. He made the play and he felt like he could run his mouth. Anytime a quarterback opens his mouth, to me he is overstepping the lines.

“When he threw that last touchdown pass, he made some comments, pretty much in-your-face comments. Everyone on our defense remembers what he did and how he was acting. He may have got caught up in the moment being a young guy. He made a big play for his team to win in a big game, so he decided to be a little brash and talk trash a little bit. (But) there is always another time you face a team and this is another time for us to face him.”

As you’d expect, Bears center Olin Kreutz defended his quarterback.

“We were all fired up after we won that game,” Kreutz said. “It’s the same thing as a d-lineman doing a sack dance or somebody dancing after an interception. It’s all in the way you take it.

“Rex doesn’t have to explain what he does on the field. If Darren Sharper is mad about something, we’ll all be there on Sunday. No use issuing threats through the media. We’ll be lined up on Sunday. If he’s mad about it, we can do something about it Sunday.

“Rex can talk whenever he wants. Anybody on the field can talk when they want and that’s where you handle it, on the field. That’s the problem with the NFL. Everybody always issues threats through the media. No one ever really does anything about it, so that’s something I’m kind of tired of. I’ve been here nine years and everybody’s always talking tough in the media, but there are never any fights. If you’re going to talk tough, I mean, go fight somebody.”

Kreutz questioned Sharper’s motives in discussing the situation with the media.

“Obviously they felt a need to say something about it,” Kreutz said. “Maybe they thought we’d get scared and not come on the field. But we’ll be out there Sunday, and if they’re mad about it, they can do something about it then.

“There’s stuff that I don’t like that people say to me on the field, but I don’t go tell the media about it. I say stuff on the field that I’m sure people don’t like, but to cry to the media, I mean, it’s a little embarrassing for them I think. They’re probably trying to get in Rex’s head and that’s not going to happen.”

Football players should all just shut the f*ck up and play the game.

Man law?

Agreed.

I think its a little ironic that a defensive player from the secondary is getting his drawers in a bunch over something a QB said after a TD pass(game winning at that). Now, Sharper isnt known to be that bad with the mouth(as far as I know), but it seems like DBs are some of the most chit-talking players in the league. Many run around like they saved the day after one pass defended or even on an overthrow. Kinda funny that they seem a little sensitive when they get a little back at them. Maybe it is 42 is trying to mind-fok Rex a little bit. Either way, seems pretty weak to me.

I like what Kreutz said about them all being there on sunday and handle it then if there is a beef.

Hugh hit the nail square when he said they should all just shut it, too. All the talk, smack, whining, guarantees, etc these guys make on the field and especially to the media get a little old IMO.

Now, Sharper isnt known to be that bad with the mouth(as far as I know)

Sharper has been sh*t-talking the Green Bay organization since they shipped him out of town.

Sharper said that Grossman’s actions were unprecedented.

“I’ve never had a quarterback say the things he said before and I’ve been playing 10 years,” Sharper said. “I’ve gone against some wild and **** ****y, brash quarterbacks. I felt like he stepped over the line a little bit.

"A quarterback should never talk trash. That’s what I think. That’s just me because I am a defensive back. I don’t want any quarterback talking trash to me. He made the play and he felt like he could run his mouth. Anytime a quarterback opens his mouth, to me he is overstepping the lines.

“When he threw that last touchdown pass, he made some comments, pretty much in-your-face comments. Everyone on our defense remembers what he did and how he was acting. He may have got caught up in the moment being a young guy. He made a big play for his team to win in a big game, so he decided to be a little brash and talk trash a little bit. (But) there is always another time you face a team and this is another time for us to face him.”

Well, then, as Kreutz says below, Sharper should DO something about it Sunday. What a pansy.

As you’d expect, Bears center Olin Kreutz defended his quarterback. “It’s the same thing as a d-lineman doing a sack dance or somebody dancing after an interception. It’s all in the way you take it. If Darren Sharper is mad about something, we’ll all be there on Sunday. Rex can talk whenever he wants. Anybody on the field can talk when they want and that’s where you handle it, on the field. That’s the problem with the NFL. Everybody always issues threats through the media. No one ever really does anything about it, so that’s something I’m kind of tired of. I’ve been here nine years and everybody’s always talking tough in the media, but there are never any fights. If you’re going to talk tough, I mean, go fight somebody. Obviously they felt a need to say something about it. Maybe they thought we’d get scared and not come on the field....it’s a little embarrassing for them I think."

I think I feel the stirrings of a man-crush for Kreutz.

Just thinking about it tonight, I've decided the Vikings are going to win.

Hey Chicago... suck it! :(

Savage,

Bunz has told me many a time NOT to post whilst drinkin'. I guess she never spoke to you in that context. :bash:

Oh............By the way............. :huh::D:lol::tup::doh::clap::D

It will be good weather...a game of big plays. The Bears have playmakers, the Vikings don't.

Hey, the Vikes have....um.... :D ....errr.... :bash: ...Randy Moss? Wait, no.... :D ...um, Darren Sharper? :clap:

Hey, the Vikes have....um.... :D ....errr.... :bash: ...Randy Moss? Wait, no.... :D ...um, Darren Sharper? :clap:

Only if he catches it w/ his mouth! I gotta admit it's a BIG target!

Sharper is pretty pathetic....he's reaching for sure to be complaining about a white boy doing some trash talking. :D

And the fact is, in any game, anywhere, there is ALWAYS trash talkin' goin' on on the field! But most respectable players don't talk about it! Just like locker room talk. It stays where it is said! Shaper.... :D

Sharper is pretty pathetic....he's reaching for sure to be complaining about a white boy doing some trash talking. :D

I hope Kreutz punches him right in the face tomorrow.

And he actually has me rooting for Grossman to toss a coupla long tds as well.

Yeah, and that's relevant because the Bears have comparable receivers to Boldin and Fitzgerald...

The Vikings will be down early 17-0 when Brad Johnson is knocked out of the game with a concussion. Tarvaris Jackson will march out onto the field and in a shootout he'll put the Vikings up on his shoulders and pull out the win in the second half, final score CHI 27 MIN 31. Viking fans around the world will rush out and buy their # 7 purple and gold spamshirts. And so the legend begins. :D

Vikinga fans dying wish.