[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is the ACC Champ-game

Slugs

It looked as though the standes weren't even 40% filled.

Not exactly what John Swafford imagined when he expanded the conference, I'm guessing.

I am suspecting that the expanded ACC has been one big dud - not to mention the fact that the Big East is a better basketball league.....

I am suspecting that the expanded ACC has been one big dud - not to mention the fact that the Big East is a better basketball league.....

:D

So far it hasn't been the Miami-FSU twice a year like they figured but in the long run it will be good. ACC hoops is doing just fine and that is definitely aruguable that the Big East is better.

:D

So far it hasn't been the Miami-FSU twice a year like they figured but in the long run it will be good. ACC hoops is doing just fine and that is definitely aruguable that the Big East is better.

Depaul (a bottom feeder right now in the B.East) laying waste to #5 Kansas may say otherwise....

To be more precise. Miami, Florida State, Virginia Tech, and Boston College have been big duds...

The Big East is good at the top, but terrible at the bottom. Put 16 teams in a league and you're bound to have some good ones....

The best BBall conference ever was the original ACC. 8 teams, all good.

To be more precise. Miami, Florida State, Virginia Tech, and Boston College have been big duds...

The Big East is good at the top, but terrible at the bottom. Put 16 teams in a league and you're bound to have some good ones....

The best BBall conference ever was the original ACC. 8 teams, all good.

I don't know if the original ACC league was any better then the Big East of the 80's

depends on how you look at it. This year, the ACC is a MUCH better conference than the Big Ten, but these challenges have been pretty close if you look at the top teams squaring off against each other. ACC usually has a stronger 2nd and 3rd tier, and win these challenges quite easily. But over the years, the top teams of each conference have fared pretty evenly (this year not included obviously). I think everyone can agree, that the Ohio State/UNC game might have been a LITTLE different if Oden was on the floor. No excuses though, the ACC waxed the Big Ten this year, by a LOT.

depends on how you look at it. This year, the ACC is a MUCH better conference than the Big Ten, but these challenges have been pretty close if you look at the top teams squaring off against each other. ACC usually has a stronger 2nd and 3rd tier, and win these challenges quite easily. But over the years, the top teams of each conference have fared pretty evenly (this year not included obviously). I think everyone can agree, that the Ohio State/UNC game might have been a LITTLE different if Oden was on the floor. No excuses though, the ACC waxed the Big Ten this year, by a LOT.

This is precicely the argument made against the spremacy of the Big East. The top of the conference is solid. (With 16 teams there's no reason for it not to be), but it's the middle and bottom of the conference that really defines it's overall value. The ACC has had years where you could make an argument for sending 7 teams. All seven of those were part of the original 8. 7 out of 8 to the tourney? That's depth.

Yep, and the Big Ten has had those years too. Not this year too. My Hawkeyes are terrible (but very young so I have hope), Michigan State seems to be on the decline at least this year, but Izzo is a great coach and I expect them to be a factor. I think Purdue is on the rise, Wisconsin and Ohio State will have to carry the conference. I think the Big Ten will get 5 bids at most this year.