[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grossman being Grossman

Sgt. Ryan

i almost feel bad for rex....ron turner is horrible....as that 2nd and 1 play call showed earlier...when he sends thomas jones out in motion and has rex dropping back....ron turner should be fired....you know you have to be careful with rex

I agree. Turner's offense is way too predictable. I mean, Hayden (a freaking backup) didn't buy that double-move AT ALL on that INT. Rex made some very bad plays, but he's getting little help from his OC.

And I imagine that Cowboys fans out there might not be as high on Ron Rivera as they were last week. Everyone and their mother knows that the way to beat Peyton is to disguise your defensive schemes and blitz on occasion. There are hours and hours of flim of Belichick, Cowher, and Marty's defenses doing this. And what did Rivera do last night? He played his safeties back 20 yards and dropped his LBs into coverage on almost every play. That was one of the worst defensive game plans I've ever seen.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I agree. Turner's offense is way too predictable. I mean, Hayden (a freaking backup) didn't buy Berrian's double-move AT ALL on that INT. Rex made some very bad plays, but he's getting little help from his OC.

And I imagine that Cowboys fans out there might not be as high on Ron Rivera as they were last week. Everyone and their mother knows that the way to beat Peyton is to disguise your defensive schemes. There are hours and hours of flim of Belichick, Cowher, and Marty's defenses doing this. And what did Rivera do last night? He played his safeties back 20 yards and dropped his LBs into coverage on almost every play. That was one of the worst defensive game plans I've ever seen.

I have to admit, I wasnt that impressed with Rivera in the first place. I hope last night ends all speculation of him coming here, even in a DC capacity.

Dallas is closer to winning a championship than the Bears are. Because of the difference between Romo and Grossman. Trust me, Chicago wanted no part of Dallas, and were thrilled to see Seattle, as they know they would have been 1 and out had Dallas advanced.

Hahahahahaha! Oh Sgt. Ryan--always you with the jokes!!

Wait, you were serious? :D:D

In reality, the Bears got to the Superbowl and kept it close untill midway through the 4th quarter. Sounds to me like they are fairly close to winning a championship. Rex had an off day, but not one of his horrible "Rextard" games at least. If you look at his completion %, it's actually higher than Manning's, and Peyton won the game MVP.

Hahahahahaha! Oh Sgt. Ryan--always you with the jokes!!

Wait, you were serious? :D:D

In reality, the Bears got to the Superbowl and kept it close untill midway through the 4th quarter. Sounds to me like they are fairly close to winning a championship. Rex had an off day, but not one of his horrible "Rextard" games at least. If you look at his completion %, it's actually higher than Manning's, and Peyton won the game MVP.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. Grossman's completion stats are totally misleading. He was dumping it off for four yards mostly and a lot of completions came in garbage time while the Indy D was standing around with it's hands in it's collective pockets.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. Grossman's completion stats are totally misleading. He was dumping it off for four yards mostly and a lot of completions came in garbage time while the Indy D was standing around with it's hands in it's collective pockets.

Rex had like 30-something yards passing at the half. Efficient, but hardly effective.

Dallas is closer to winning a championship than the Bears are. Because of the difference between Romo and Grossman. Trust me, Chicago wanted no part of Dallas, and were thrilled to see Seattle, as they know they would have been 1 and out had Dallas advanced.

I tend to agree with ya again here Private. Seattle was a shell of itself, and still went into Soldier field and played em even. Seattle somewhat healthy would have beaten em. I think Dallas would have had an excellent shot at beating the Bears. Too bad, because that SB was pathetic, they were fortunate to lose by 12.

Amen.

And to think, the kid went against the same basic scheme the entire off season as they scrimmage the Bears' D.

I really think if Lovie Smith had his way, Griese would be the starter. GM Jerry Angelo is forcing Smith to Grossman for obvious reasons.

Grossman has shown no improvement at all. He still fumbles snaps, which is inexcusable. He still trips over his own two feet on occassion. He still can't read defenses worth a crap. He still has no pocket presence. He still throws off his back foot. He still makes bad decisions with the football. Cripes almighty. :D:bash:

I'm not totally sure, but I think 2007 is a contract year for Rex. :D

Edited by Wolverines Fan

And I imagine that Cowboys fans out there might not be as high on Ron Rivera as they were last week. Everyone and their mother knows that the way to beat Peyton is to disguise your defensive schemes and blitz on occasion. There are hours and hours of flim of Belichick, Cowher, and Marty's defenses doing this. And what did Rivera do last night? He played his safeties back 20 yards and dropped his LBs into coverage on almost every play. That was one of the worst defensive game plans I've ever seen.

I have to wonder how much of this is Ron Rivera and how much is Lovie Smith. The Cover 2 is Lovie's defense and I really feel if Rivera really had free reign he would barely run it. Rivera learned under Buddy Ryan so I really think he would love to be more aggresive. I still think that Rivera will make a great head coach some day, IMHO.

I have to wonder how much of this is Ron Rivera and how much is Lovie Smith. The Cover 2 is Lovie's defense and I really feel if Rivera really had free reign he would barely run it. Rivera learned under Buddy Ryan so I really think he would love to be more aggresive. I still think that Rivera will make a great head coach some day, IMHO.

I always thought Rivera learned more from Jim Johnson in Philly...which is why I was stoked when they brought him here.

I always thought Rivera learned more from Jim Johnson in Philly...which is why I was stoked when they brought him here.

Actually both:

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/all-s...0,7225378.story

And that means he not only thinks a lot like former Eagles head coach Buddy Ryan, for whom he played linebacker as a member of the 1985 Super Bowl champion Bears, but also the guy who was formerly his immediate boss in South Philly, Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson.

That's a good point. I really don't know who pulls the strings, but if Lovie's designing the coverages AND calling plays, what exactly is Rivera doing?

I'm still shocked at their defensive game plan. It's almost like they arrogantly CHOSE not to adjust their defense to try to disrupt Manning.

Edited by Bill Swerski

It's almost like they arrogantly CHOSE not to adjust their defense to try to disrupt Manning.

Just like the Carolina game last year with Steve Smith burning the Bears up and down the field. :D

Edited by blips