[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions building picks...

BigTen

Yeah, it's called being a fan. Or, would you prefer I join the ranks of the traitors, already typing up press releases for my futile "protests" this season? :D

Peace

policy

+1 People need to stick with there teams through thick and thin. It makes the great moments even better.

Oh, I agree the #2 is very valuable. No question there. I think the Vikings at #7 are really in a tough spot, just outside the top value it seems. I still fail to see how 5th round draft picks provide much firepower, even multiple ones. We'll see though I guess. I wish the draft wasn't so far away still.

You can get quality players in the fifth round...

Dawan Landry, Marques Colston, Michael Turner, Dan Koppen, Hunter Hillenmeyer, Rocky Bernard, Aaron Kampman, T.J. Houshmandzadeh... You know what these guys have in common? All of these were selected in the 5th round or later. Every pick is a crap shoot... YOu have no idea what you're getting, reguardless if you're drafting with the first pick in the first round, or the last pick of the seventh...

I'm sure the Patriots would rather have Colston than Jackson at this point. 5th round picks have value. I think you're too caught up with the "sexy" picks.

Just two questions before we get ahead of ourselves here. Why trade Tatum Bell when they have absolutly no running game until at least week 6 w/the injury to Kevin Jones of all people? And why trade Foster when the Lions line is horrendous at best? At least Foster can play.

I don't quite get the racionale.

Officials, and locals at mlive.com have said that they are on the same course with Kevin Jones... He is making progress and is still on time to be ready to go around week one.

Officials, and locals at mlive.com have said that they are on the same course with Kevin Jones... He is making progress and is still on time to be ready to go around week one.

That would be great news for Detroit. If that is actually the case, than maybe they should try to move Bell.

That would be great news for Detroit. If that is actually the case, than maybe they should try to move Bell.

:D

Tatum Bell-RB-Lions Mar. 2 - 10:36 pm et

The Giants are reportedly interested in trading for Tatum Bell.

There are rumblings that the Lions are open to moving Bell after getting him from Denver at midnight Thursday. Whether or not they decide to deal Bell could give us on tell on how far along Kevin Jones is in his rehab.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

bragging because millen gets good ratings by magazines afterwards, even though a lot of his high picks became nothing so far? wooptydoo. all the sports mags rank him high, but his players fail! what a success.

. . . and this is why I don't post here so much anymore. :D

Do you think that I LIKE that the above is true? NO. I was practically giddy last year when all the draft graders were like, "Meh. Ernie Sims, I guess he's a hardnosed football player who fills a need. They got good values and projects in the later rounds. B-." Why? Because I'd rather my team win on the field in winter than in the media in spring.

Peace

policy

probably 'cause millen is drafting off of kiper's cheatsheet. which, really, just shows once again that the guy is a total amateur. people get all excited....ooh, boss bailey was going in the first round in all of the pre-draft mocks on espn, what a great pick early in the second. maybe he was there in the second round for a reason? maybe REAL NFL GMs know more than the "draftniks"?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Remember the Cleveland Browns laying the foundation for championships with Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, and Gerrard Warren? Remember Bill Polian crucifying Mel Kiper for panning his pick of Trev Alberts?

this year, i really get the feeling they're setting themselves up for disaster because millen is such a chicken chit based on past failures. they're gonna trade down, you can just sense it. you can almost see the 2007 draft blueprint taking shape in millen's little peanut brain. as i posted in another thread, they're setting pretty at #2, and yet they're setting themselves up to pass on all the bona fide studs in the 2007 draft.

There are bona fide studs in every draft. Are you saying this team is one player away? Obviously, trading down, stockpiling picks, and building through the middle rounds of the draft is a blueprint for disaster. Just ask the Patriots. And the Eagles. And every other franchise that's had consistent postseason success in the post-salary-cap era.

millen is scared to draft calvin johnson because of chuck rogers and mike williams.

Wouldn't you be? After taking three can't-miss WRs, and having two of them miss as badly as you can possibly miss, and street free agent Mike Furrey waltz in off the street and lead the NFC in receptions last year . . . maybe you look at all the holes on the roster as more pressing needs? Or, maybe you take CJ2 and really put togther the Greatest Show on Ice . . .

they probably won't take joe thomas because they have backus and george foster :tup:.

Who says so? If they'd take JT with Backus signed to a big-money deal, having a marginal starter/quality backup making a pittance on the roster isn't going to stop them either. They're probably looking at moving Foster inside to RG and letting him plow over dudes.

no need for adrian peterson, we have tatum bell :D.

And Kevin Jones, and Shawn Bryson, and Brian Calhoun who we just drafted last year, and collarbone injuries and this team don't mix . . . or, you know, maybe there IS a need?

brady quinn? we love us some kitna :D.

Brady Quinn sucks, end of story. And Kitna threw for 4000 yards off his back foot (or actually RUNNING backwards) because of the horrendous offensive line. Kitna is not the problem.

instead let's trade back 5-10 spots and take a DE, in a draft that's 3 rounds deep (at least) in quality DE prospects. we'll pass on all the top talent in order to get as many 3rd rounders as we can and just hope some of them pan out.

Again, this team needs two quality offensive linemen, two quality DEs, and two quality LBs. As you say, there are plenty of DEs in the second and third rounds--and plenty of OL in the second and third rounds, and plenty of LB in the second and third rounds.

OH NO WAIT. We should take Brady Couch and let Rex Tucker, Blaine Siapaia, Kalima Edwards, Jared Devries, Teddy Lehman, and Paris Lenon start again this year. Because, you know, that worked out so well last year. :doh:

Peace

policy

. . . and this is why I don't post here so much anymore. :D

I hope that I havent contributed to your absence Policy! You know that I have long been a staunch supporter of the Lions and Matt Millen... :D

I hope that I havent contributed to your absence Policy! You know that I have long been a staunch supporter of the Lions and Matt Millen... :D

LOL, no, spain, you know I got no beef with your closeted Lions-fan self.

Peace

policy

LOL, no, spain, you know I got no beef with your closeted Lions-fan self.

Peace

policy

Whew, thank goodness! Us boys sporting the Honolulu Blue thongs have to stick together!! :D

Realism? What, about anything I've said, is unrealistic? The Lions look to be stockpiling picks, probably in anticipation of making moves. Millen has shown a fondness for making moves on draft day. The more ammo he has to move around, the more he probably will. With the 1.2 very much in play, and the huge amount of value it takes to move up to a pick that high, there may well be a true "blockbuster" in the works, which will give the Lions even more picks to play with. At THAT point (second, third, fourth rounds), having lots of fifths will be handy.

Who says you need to move up? Converting J Walker into a plethora of picks wasn't the worst thing Ted Thompson did last year.

Kitna threw for 4000 yards off his back foot (or actually RUNNING backwards) because of the horrendous offensive line. Kitna is not the problem.

Kitna is not the solution either.

I will say it again: AP and CJ are the 2 superstar players in this draft. I think the Lions should stay put and grab either of these 2 guys. The only way they should trade down is if they offered an unbelievable deal.