[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick's Co-Defendent has pled GUILTY

DMD

Torturing/killing dogs is worse than driving drunk? :D Unless somebody is injured, I strongly disagree.

You can't be serious right. So, let us extrapolate that thought out further shall we. How many humans are harmed or killed as a result of dog fighting. How many humans are harmed or killed as a result of people driving impaired or drunk. Once you put this thought on the white board, me thinks you will see how absolutely absurd your statement just was. People don't drive drunk in a alternative reality....every time it happens, someones life is in danger who is innnocent....you cannot say that about dogfighting.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't be serious right. So, let us extrapolate that thought out further shall we. How many humans are harmed or killed as a result of dog fighting. How many humans are harmed or killed as a result of people driving impaired or drunk. Once you put this thought on the white board, me thinks you will see how absolutely absurd your statement just was. People don't drive drunk in a alternative reality....every time it happens, someones life is in danger who is innnocent....you cannot say that about dogfighting.

People drive legally drunk all of the time without anybody being injured. I have yet to see a dog fight where an animal isn't severely injured. I'm not defending drunk driving, but the bottom line is important in this comparison.

Just thought I'd modify your post a bit to show you a good example of absurdity.

So based upon the modified argument above, people shouldn't be allowed to drive cars, but I would guess walking over to someone's house to watch a dogfight would be okay...

Bad news for Vick in that his buddies may be giving evidence on him as a part of their plea bargains. Still, let's not rush to judgement on this one. I don't really like Vick as anything more than a fantasy QB, he doesn't seem to be a good leader, and he doesn't pass well at all. However, lets have the courts do their work before we start throwing too many brickbats.

Bad news for Vick in that his buddies may be giving evidence on him as a part of their plea bargains. Still, let's not rush to judgement on this one. I don't really like Vick as anything more than a fantasy QB, he doesn't seem to be a good leader, and he doesn't pass well at all. However, lets have the courts do their work before we start throwing too many brickbats.

What did you say? I wasn't paying attention because i was throwing my brickbat.

link

As part of a plea agreement, Tony Taylor pledged to fully cooperate with the government in its prosecution of Vick and two other men accused of running an interstate dogfighting enterprise known as "Bad Newz Kennels" on Vick's property in rural Surry County.

"The 'Bad Newz Kennels' operation and gambling monies were almost exclusively funded by Vick," a summary of facts supporting the plea agreement and signed by Taylor states.

Uh-oh...

link

As part of a plea agreement, Tony Taylor pledged to fully cooperate with the government in its prosecution of Vick and two other men accused of running an interstate dogfighting enterprise known as "Bad Newz Kennels" on Vick's property in rural Surry County.

"The 'Bad Newz Kennels' operation and gambling monies were almost exclusively funded by Vick," a summary of facts supporting the plea agreement and signed by Taylor states.

Uh-oh...

yep.

Aaron Brooks Breaking News

Breaking News from Richmond, VA:

Asst. United States Attorney Michael Gill announced that Michael Vick's cousin, Aaron Brooks, will not face indictment in the Bad Newz Kennel dog fighting scandal. According to the U.S. Attorney's office, Mr. Brooks' pitbulls failed to show any fighting spirit, did not indicate any will to win, fought only off their back foot, and wouldn't stop smiling when they bit the wrong dog.

:D

Edited by myhousekey

People drive legally drunk all of the time without anybody being injured. I have yet to see a dog fight where an animal isn't severely injured. I'm not defending drunk driving, but the bottom line is important in this comparison.

The bottom line is, sir, that human life is more valuable on the food chain than a dog. While dog fighting is pointless and an abhorrent practice....a reasonable person can come to a conclusion that the effects of drunk driving...or driving while impaired....are far worse for society as a whole than dog fighting.....I can't believe you pushed this issue further.

Just thought I'd modify your post a bit to show you a good example of absurdity.

So based upon the modified argument above, people shouldn't be allowed to drive cars, but I would guess walking over to someone's house to watch a dogfight would be okay...

No...that would be you showing very little intellect. There was never a post comparing dog fighting to driving....but there was one comparing it to drunk driving. And just so we are clear...driving is dangerous...and one has to get a license to drive. It is regulated to make it safer...but accidents happen. However......if you drive drunk is it an accident or a natural conclusion to a predetermined end. You know what....I digress from the whole conversation with you.....because if I were to try and stoop down to the level of stupidity you displayed in your retort.....you will just beat me in the argument with your experience at being stupid.

Doesn't matter at all if Vick is the mastermind behind the whole thing or just the money man. He owned the proptery where it all happened. Therefore he will be held accountable at some level no matter what.

Oh and on CNN today the NAACP told us to reserve judgement and that they are going to have people helping Vick out so its a big time no-no to speak about Vick being guilty right now.