[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moose Johnston offended by Chad Johnson's jacket

LooGie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing White Shoe's stuff to the crap being put forth these days is a bit far fetched, don't you think?

Nevermind. I forgot to consider the source...

Back in a day the players celebrated with their teammates. now players like Chad Johnson celebrate with the camera and don't even worry what is going on in their game.

It is not that I think Chad Johnson is a bad guy because his idiotic dances don't make him good or bad. he just wants attention way to badly. thus his gold teeth and foolish celebrations. I suppose I should feel sorry for him as he obviously is seeking attention which usually goes back to your childhood.but the me 1st attitudes of people just drive me crazy.

Guess I am getting old.

:D probably what they did to billy white-shoes johnson. oh wait....they didn't give a dam either way about some dude dancing after he scored? they didn't get all stupid and indignant about "the game" being disgraced? huh, imagine that. :D

In Super Bowl X, after Roy Gerela missed a Field Goal, Cliff Harris began patting him on the back, when Jack Lambert ran over, and slammed Harris to the ground.

Many say it was an act that changed the momentum of that game.

When asked how he felt about what he did, Lambert said he was only angry that he didn't have to race his teammates over to Harris to defend his kicker.

I agree with BB that some of those old time defensive players wouldn't put up with some of today's selfish garbage.

Yeah, but you momos are no fun. :D

HOF Coat celebration Funny factor: (lame)1 - 10(had to laugh)

Concept- 1

Delivery- 1

Trying to unbutton coat- 8

Using 20??, instead of 21??- 10

Moose's comments- 0

Damn - by definition my statement above doesn't apply to you. :D

Edited by Puddy

This wasn't as funny as some of his other stuff, but it amazes me how some of you momos force yourself to take certain things so seriously.

:D

I guess the NFL gives us what we want in the form of the No Fun League. Why don't we replace all players with robots so the game looks more like this... :D

These guys play a game and get paid millions of dollars. Yeah it's a serious, tough game but it's also supposed to be fun. CJ seriously carves up opposing Ds and has a little fun in the process.

If anything the little stunt shows he really doesn't care what the stuffy HOF voters think of him. The same stuffy HOF voters that would make any and all on-field showing of unique personality a 15yd penalty and/or fine.

In Super Bowl X, after Roy Gerela missed a Field Goal, Cliff Harris began patting him on the back, when Jack Lambert ran over, and slammed Harris to the ground.

Thats way worse than dancing or whatever after a touchdown. You are rubbing a guys failure in his face and potentially getting into his head to make him mis the next field goal.

That would get you a pentalty these days. Nothing was better than the Fun Bunch and thier group high fives. Blame the league for this.

Well I was not actually talking about some silly end zone celebration.sportsmanship should matter. I am talking about on the sidelines. the only person Chad was celebrating with was the camera. I was looking around the sidelines and most of the players were no where near him. then to beat all the celebration was weak which made Chad Johnson look doubly foolish.

HOF Coat celebration Funny factor: (lame)1 - 10(had to laugh)

Concept- 1

Delivery- 1

Trying to unbutton coat- 8

Using 20??, instead of 21??- 10

Moose's comments- 0

Do we even know he meant Hall of Fame? maybe that could be the joke (not sure if he actually said it or not, so just speculating) but it could've stood for

Humorous Or Funny???

House Of FlyingDaggers???

Housh Opted ForTheQuietRole

CJ Got Hammered On Friday

Hung Over like a motherF...you get the point...

Some of we "momos" view football as a team game - some even as the ultimate team game - and hate to see some punk-ass puke drawing so much attention to himself when his touchdown was the result of such a team effort. Some of we "momos" also tend to enjoy the game for what it is and don't need the assinine 1st grade level sideshows to have the game be entertaining.

Right. As with a team, everything has a context.

The context with CJ is that people easily forget that Cincinnati had probably the worst team culture of any NFL franchise just a couple of years ago. Just ask Corey Dillon. Guys would put "no trade to Cincinnati" clauses in their contracts. CJ has helped change that -- it's why Lewis generally gives him a pretty long leash.

Now, of course, the celebrations have taken on a life of their own. It's part of the pre-game talking heads stuff, it's part of the talk during the game, hell the boy sells advertising based on it. Even after the TD last night, the "celebration" was NOT the first thing on his mind. The cameras kept panning back to him while he was first high-fiving teammates and firing them up. Then came the "jacket". After the game, he wouldn't even comment on it -- just said "wait 'til you see what I have for the Dawg Pound." And now we have people named Moose complaining about it on the radio, and a 3+ page thread here with the usual moral purveyors of truth complaining about it.

As for the old-time defensive guys ... as far as I can tell, no WR in the league gets more respect than CJ. Heck, Ray Lewis is one of his best friends. And Coach will bring him back when needed, as will Carson Palmer, who's been known to slap him around a bit when his antics get to be a distraction.

CJ works hard, is hyper-competitive, brash and has tons of self-confidence. In other words, he is exactly what this franchise needed after 15 years of abject failure. He's also led the league in receiving yards for three straight seasons -- and last year was an "off" year. Good lord, you really need to check your priorities, as well as your understanding of football as a "team" game, if you find this guy offensive.

Many say it was an act that changed the momentum of that game.

When asked how he felt about what he did, Lambert said he was only angry that he didn't have to race his teammates over to Harris to defend his kicker.

I agree with BB that some of those old time defensive players wouldn't put up with some of today's selfish garbage.

so, let me make sure i've got this straight...

comparing a TD celebration today to a TD celebration from the grandaddy of ALL TD celebrations, who happened to play when lambert played...that is a poor comparison.

but comparing a TD celebration to how lambert reacted to a player from an opposing team belittling lambert's teammate....that is a good comparison.

The context with CJ is that people easily forget that Cincinnati had probably the worst team culture of any NFL franchise just a couple of years ago. Just ask Corey Dillon. Guys would put "no trade to Cincinnati" clauses in their contracts. CJ has helped change that -- it's why Lewis generally gives him a pretty long leash.

Now, of course, the celebrations have taken on a life of their own. It's part of the pre-game talking heads stuff, it's part of the talk during the game, hell the boy sells advertising based on it. Even after the TD last night, the "celebration" was NOT the first thing on his mind. The cameras kept panning back to him while he was first high-fiving teammates and firing them up. Then came the "jacket". After the game, he wouldn't even comment on it -- just said "wait 'til you see what I have for the Dawg Pound." And now we have people named Moose complaining about it on the radio, and a 3+ page thread here with the usual moral purveyors of truth complaining about it.

As for the old-time defensive guys ... as far as I can tell, no WR in the league gets more respect than CJ. Heck, Ray Lewis is one of his best friends. And Coach will bring him back when needed, as will Carson Palmer, who's been known to slap him around a bit when his antics get to be a distraction.

CJ works hard, is hyper-competitive, brash and has tons of self-confidence. In other words, he is exactly what this franchise needed after 15 years of abject failure. He's also led the league in receiving yards for three straight seasons -- and last year was an "off" year. Good lord, you really need to check your priorities, as well as your understanding of football as a "team" game, if you find this guy offensive.

We finally got our un-biased opinion we were looking for............. :D

I generally like CJ, and for the most part like find his celebrations enjoyable. That said, I thought the HOF jacket was a classless move. He is getting way ahead of himself. If I were in the HOF, or a potential HOF candidate, I'd be offended by it.

+1

Stick to dancing, and making us laugh.

Or, better yet, act like you've been there before and toss the ball to the ref.

so, let me make sure i've got this straight...

comparing a TD celebration today to a TD celebration from the grandaddy of ALL TD celebrations, who happened to play when lambert played...that is a poor comparison.

but comparing a TD celebration to how lambert reacted to a player from an opposing team belittling lambert's teammate....that is a good comparison.

Nope..... it was simply a chance for me to talk about how awesome Jack Lambert was. Nothing more, nothing less. :D

Chad Johnson doesn't bother me too much, but, I still prefer the Barry Sanders / L.T. / Walter Payton celebrations.

Well I was not actually talking about some silly end zone celebration.sportsmanship should matter. I am talking about on the sidelines. the only person Chad was celebrating with was the camera. I was looking around the sidelines and most of the players were no where near him. then to beat all the celebration was weak which made Chad Johnson look doubly foolish.

If players were around him wouldn't that have been a penalty?

Anyways... they really should ban teammates from speaking with each other and, for the fans, run 'silence is golden' ads like in the movie theaters. Wouldn't want all that whoopin' and hollerin' to take away from the observance of such a hallowed, historic, and momentous occasion such as the Bengals/Ravens game.

When I go to games I like to sit in silent meditation so as to channel the spirits of Nitschke, Lombardi, Tittle and Lane.

So let me get this straight...CJ's TD dances have changed people opinions of them having a bad team culture.

Well at least Ray Lewis likes him. :D

Anyone, including moose johnston who claims to be "OFFENDED" needs to seriously get over themselves. What does it matter what a player needs to do to keep himself psyched up ? There are PLENTY of class guys in the nfl. Why would you want everyone to be the same on the field, that's certainly not the case in real life. As long as they're not mocking other players, and especially if they're not getting themselves into trouble off the field, what the heck is the big deal?

I'm sick of people falling down and screaming "OFFENSE" everytime they see something they don't like.

Or, better yet, act like you've been there before and toss the ball to the ref.

Exactly.

If players were around him wouldn't that have been a penalty?

Anyways... they really should ban teammates from speaking with each other and, for the fans, run 'silence is golden' ads like in the movie theaters. Wouldn't want all that whoopin' and hollerin' to take away from the observance of such a hallowed, historic, and momentous occasion such as the Bengals/Ravens game.

When I go to games I like to sit in silent meditation so as to channel the spirits of Nitschke, Lombardi, Tittle and Lane.

Telling someone they cannot dance in the end zone does not mean they have to be mad and cannot celebrate with their teammates on their sideline. the reason they won't do that is because it takes away from their TV time. it is a me 1st thing and not a team 1st thing.

You think CJ noticed his kicker even missed the XP? he did not even care.

So let me get this straight...CJ's TD dances have changed people opinions of them having a bad team culture.

Well at least Ray Lewis likes him. :D

I heard it's the Bungle's arrest record that's changed peoples' minds. Seems like everybody likes the Thug culture these days, no?

CJ celebrations are ok sometimes. But when he resorts to sewing felt on an oversized Century 21 jacket and takes 10 minutes to put it on.....things are definitely getting stale in celebration land. Maybe he needs to stay out of the EZ and think about it for a few weeks?

Non CJ owner

Anyone, including moose johnston who claims to be "OFFENDED" needs to seriously get over themselves. What does it matter what a player needs to do to keep himself psyched up ? There are PLENTY of class guys in the nfl. Why would you want everyone to be the same on the field, that's certainly not the case in real life. As long as they're not mocking other players, and especially if they're not getting themselves into trouble off the field, what the heck is the big deal?

I'm sick of people falling down and screaming "OFFENSE" everytime they see something they don't like.

You mean like when 1 person does not agree with something a player does and another person does and he posts how he hates when the other side posts their opinion?

Think about it my good friend.

Anyone, including moose johnston who claims to be "OFFENDED" needs to seriously get over themselves.

I didn't take offense to what Chad did (although I think that he made himself look like a complete ass), but I disagree with this statement. HOFers take enshrinement into Canton very seriously. It's an honor to be inducted and, to a certain extent, it's a sacred institution. Therefore, I wouldn't fault an old-school member like Larry Csonka or Mike Ditka for getting a bit peeved at Chad.

Edited by Bill Swerski

God, please let CJ keep doing his celebrations, ESPN keep putting on inferior comentators, BeeR keep hoping for injuries to players he has the backups to, the '73 Phins retires keep popping corks and Vick keep fighting dogs. I so love to see all the bunched panties. Amen.

Well, all but that last part. :D

Edited by DemonKnight