[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moose Johnston offended by Chad Johnson's jacket

LooGie

You think CJ noticed his kicker even missed the XP? he did not even care.

What is the best way for CJ to show his concern?

Maybe get him a Hallmark "I'm Here For You" card?

I don't remember everyone on the roster showing outward signs of support for Graham. Do they not care?

This is stupid.

CJ's antics are stupid... funny? Maybe, maybe not. But they hardly arise to some sort of horrible travesty to the hallowed game of the HOF forefathers.

Arguing about how it was 'classless' or if he should 'shutup and play' or if it 'the HOF members and committee are rightly offended'... is doubly stupid... especially amongst a bunch of people that play--Fantasy Football. A group that tends to use sexual innuendo and other various insults for the sake of trash talk.

Edited by kingfish247

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't take offense to what Chad did (although I think that he made himself look like a complete ass), but I disagree with this statement. HOFers take enshrinement into Canton very seriously. It's an honor to be inducted and, to a certain extent, it's a sacred institution. Therefore, I wouldn't fault an old-school member like Larry Csonka or Mike Ditka for getting a bit peeved at Chad.

i don't believe those guys WERE peeved. moose and bronco billy were. i know, i know....who gives a chit what moose and bronco billy think, right? douchee, my friend. douchee.

well, it's somewhat less hypothetical since one of the two guys you mentioned (ditka) was in the booth calling the game live on national television.

He was? I thought that he was in San Fran last night.

Anyway, my point was that the HOFers have the right to feel offended... much more so than the rest of us. That said, everybody has the right to think that Chad shtick is getting old and that he needs to shut it.

What is the best way for CJ to show his concern?

Maybe get him a Hallmark "I'm Here For You" card?

I don't remember everyone on the roster showing outward signs of support for Graham. Do they not care?

This is stupid.

CJ's antics are stupid... funny? Maybe, maybe not. But they hardly arise to some sort of horrible travesty to the hallowed game of the HOF forefathers.

Arguing about how it was 'classless' or if he should 'shutup and play' or if it 'the HOF members and committee are rightly offended'... is doubly stupid... especially amongst a bunch of people that play--Fantasy Football. A group that tends to use sexual innuendo and other various insults for the sake of trash talk.

I find it funny that whenever you defend your position you are automatucally "hating" or " being the arguer".

When a person has a opinion he is on 1 side of the fence whether he likes it or not. when people with your opinion are called "momo's" (or other names)you kinda want to defend yourself so you put down why you feel the way you do and the reasoning behind it.

If I said I hated Chad Johnson because of what he does THEN I would be being "stupid". but as I said before I believe he is probably a very nice guy.

Edited by Doc Holliday

i don't believe those guys WERE peeved. moose and bronco billy were. i know, i know....who gives a chit what moose and bronco billy think, right? douchee, my friend. douchee.

Who's peeved?

I think it's classless, egocentric, & disrespectful. Probably exactly the reasons that you identify with it.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Good grief, I wonder how many people saw the TD and celebration or ever saw/heard CJ before in any situation.

Appearently some of you define selfishness by the dozens of teammates CJ hugged and high-fived on the way to sidelines before this "classless" act.

You could see the disrespect for the league by the way Ray Lewis came up and bear hugged him at the end of the game.

Faking injuries: You know he was faking leg cramps because he gets them in 50% of the games he plays. And I'm sure his arm didn't hurt after leaping 7 feet in the air and coming down on his side. I guess every one of the 20 other players that got hurt but played with pain were faking it too. Did you see Dexter Jackson and Ray Lewis fake injuries all the way to the locker room? How about Ed Reed faking the need for oxygen and then returning the punt for a TD? Oh the chicanery...

You could see he has no support from his team by all the trainers and coaches and players cheering him on as he donned the jacket...

You can see CJ's all about himself by the lead block he threw on TJ's TD.

Next time CJ scores, try changing the channel if you are so offended. I suggest you will find Figure Skating more to your liking.

Good grief, I wonder how many people saw the TD and celebration or ever saw/heard CJ before in any situation.

Appearently some of you define selfishness by the dozens of teammates CJ hugged and high-fived on the way to sidelines before this "classless" act.

You could see the disrespect for the league by the way Ray Lewis came up and bear hugged him at the end of the game.

Faking injuries: You know he was faking leg cramps because he gets them in 50% of the games he plays. And I'm sure his arm didn't hurt after leaping 7 feet in the air and coming down on his side. I guess every one of the 20 other players that got hurt but played with pain were faking it too. Did you see Dexter Jackson and Ray Lewis fake injuries all the way to the locker room? How about Ed Reed faking the need for oxygen and then returning the punt for a TD? Oh the chicanery...

You could see he has no support from his team by all the trainers and coaches and players cheering him on as he donned the jacket...

Next time CJ scores, try changing the channel if you are so offended. I suggest you will find Figure Skating more to your liking.

Is this really the 2nd time in a thread that I've seen Bengal fans use the example that Ray Lewis respects Chad Johnson, as an example of what a quality person Chad is. :D Don't get me wrong, I don't mind CJ, but, I don't know that Ray Lewis is the guy that defines class in this league.

However, in comparison to a large portion of the Bengals squad, Ray Lewis is near Sainthood, so, maybe that is where the respect comes from.

Edited by Menudo

This wasn't as funny as some of his other stuff, but it amazes me how some of you momos force yourself to take certain things so seriously.

+1

I love CJ - he is a great WR who is on pace for the HOF and his trash talk is very light-hearted and fun. He never disses his coaches or teammates and gives it his all every game. Those of you hatin' need to re-think which players deserve the hate. Every human does numerous things in life that they wish they could take back. This will probably be one of things for Chad, but in the whole scope of everything, this is a very minor blemish.

Chill out momos.

Is this really the 2nd time in a thread that I've seen Bengal fans use the example that Ray Lewis respects Chad Johnson, as an example of what a quality person Chad is. :D

No, it was meant as an example of how at least one other person in the league feels about his anticts... more importantly an opponent on a team that was just beaten on MNF and CJ supposedly disrespected.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Or, better yet, act like you've been there before and toss the ball to the ref.

He actually did that a couple years ago when he scored here in Detroit--to honor Barry Sanders.

Obviously he has no class, intelligence, taste, sense of history, or respect for the game.

Peace

policy

:D

:D Dont ever expect to see Menudo or any other Steelers fan ever tolerate or even like CJ in the least, it's jealousy :D

:wacko: Dont ever expect to see Menudo or any other Steelers fan ever tolerate or even like CJ in the least, it's jealousy :D

I like Chad Johnson. Always have. I still prefer the Barry Sanders TD celebrations, but, Chad Johnson is one hell of a football player, and I agree that most of his antics are harmless. However, that won't stop me from calling out Bengal fans for their homerism defense, and for bringing up Ray Lewis as the definition of class and respect in the NFL. I'm good at spotting homeristic defense, haven't you ever heard the term 'takes one to know one' :sick:

P.S. Steelers fans jealous of Bengals fans. :D:wacko::wacko::D:wacko:

Edited by Menudo

He actually did that a couple years ago when he scored here in Detroit--to honor Barry Sanders.

Obviously he has no class, intelligence, taste, sense of history, or respect for the game.

He very well may have those qualities. It's unfortunate that he only displays them once in a blue moon.

I like Chad Johnson. Always have. I still prefer the Barry Sanders TD celebrations, but, Chad Johnson is one hell of a football player, and I agree that most of his antics are harmless. However, that won't stop me from calling out Bengal fans for their homerism defense, and for bringing up Ray Lewis as the definition of class and respect in the NFL. I'm good at spotting homeristic defense, haven't you ever heard the term 'takes one to know one' :D

P.S. Steelers fans jealous of Bengals fans. :D:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Steelers fans jealous of Chad Johnson, not the Bengals' fans :D

Does he only display them once in a blue moon or do certain actions get a ton more disproportionate attention from football fans and media alike? :D

Good point, as image often does not equate to reality. That said, Chad is the one who made the decision to draw the extra attention to himself. Some people may see it as Chad just having fun, while others see it as Chad being a massive egomaniac/attention whore who is putting himself above the game (my personal view is somewhere in between). He's responsible for his image, which will contribute significantly to his overall legacy. And if a large sect of people are beginning to get sick of his over-the-top crap, perhaps it would be best for his image/legacy to tone it down a notch.