[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander practing with a cast?

Tokes

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were holes, watch the game again. I'm betting you never watched it to begin with and are talking out your backside like usual. There were holes. There were holes that ANY other starting NFL back would have gotten through. Don't get me wrong, Shaun is a VERY good back when he has a ten foot hole to run through, which he has often had in the last five years. However, when he has an average sized hole, he will stand outside it, wait for a defensive player to fill it, then fall down and curl into a ball. Until the Buccaneers quit in the game, Shaun had about 25 yards. All of a sudden, they quit, the line starting blowing truck-sized holes, and Shaun ends up with a decent day. Shaun had ZERO impact on the game when it was still in question. I just am still bewildered every time I watch every other decent back in the game and then watch him. It's amazing.

There were holes, watch the game again. I'm betting you never watched it to begin with and are talking out your backside like usual. There were holes. There were holes that ANY other starting NFL back would have gotten through. Don't get me wrong, Shaun is a VERY good back when he has a ten foot hole to run through, which he has often had in the last five years. However, when he has an average sized hole, he will stand outside it, wait for a defensive player to fill it, then fall down and curl into a ball. Until the Buccaneers quit in the game, Shaun had about 25 yards. All of a sudden, they quit, the line starting blowing truck-sized holes, and Shaun ends up with a decent day. Shaun had ZERO impact on the game when it was still in question. I just am still bewildered every time I watch every other decent back in the game and then watch him. It's amazing.

:D

The Buccaneers were up 6-0 with 11:10 left in the 2nd quarter. Alexander had a 3 yard run that gave him 27 yards rushing on 7 carries for the game. Obviously the Bucs had seen enough and quit at that point....

And zero impact? How about this series at the end of the 3rd quarter while the Seahawks were up only 10-6, after the Bucs had already quit of course. Mind you these are consecutive plays before a Josh Brown FG to start the 4th quarter:

1-10-SEA 20 (3:30) 37-S.Alexander right end to SEA 21 for 1 yard (51-B.Ruud). PENALTY on TB-55-D.Brooks, Face Mask (5 Yards), 5 yards, enforced at SEA 21.

1-4-SEA 26 (3:10) 37-S.Alexander left guard to SEA 32 for 6 yards (59-C.June).

1-10-SEA 32 (2:40) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass short right to 37-S.Alexander pushed ob at SEA 44 for 12 yards (51-B.Ruud).

1-10-SEA 44 (2:05) 37-S.Alexander up the middle to TB 49 for 7 yards (23-J.Phillips).

2-3-TB 49 (1:30) 37-S.Alexander right tackle to TB 34 for 15 yards (23-J.Phillips).

Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander has been practicing this week with a castlike protective device covering his left thumb and wrist, but expects to start for the Seahawks at Arizona on Sunday. Alexander, slowed by injuries since winning the league MVP award and setting an NFL record for touchdowns during the 2005 season, was vague about his latest health issue and downplayed it by laughing and calling it a "boo-boo" Thursday. When asked if he had a hand or wrist injury, Alexander laughed as he often does. "Dude, it's everything," he said, cackling after practicing for the second consecutive day with the hard, black device that appeared to be a cast. "No, it's just football. We're just making sure that we're OK."

cbs

While I agree that Alexander is entering the down-slope of his career, he's far from "done", as you suggested. He's only 30 and wasn't even used outside of the pre-season until he was 23. There's still a significant amount of tread left on those tires. That line hasn't been the same since Hutchinson left. Even early last season, before SA had the foot fracture, they struggled to run the ball big-time... right as Shaun was coming off of an MVP season. And even towards the end of the season, after he returned from the injury, he had at least a few 100-yd games that I can remember off the top of my head. "Done", my ass.

BTW, the Bucs didn't "quit" - their defense was on the field for much of the second half (quite the opposite of what happened in the first half) and got worn down towards the end of the game. That's what happens to most defenses when they're down by multiple scores in the second half - they get tired and the opposing halfback's yds/carry go up through the roof.

I watched the first three quarters of the game and can tell you that your analysis is trash, much like the rest of your posts.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I learned my lesson last year with him. The wear on those tires is obviously catching up to him.

Another lesson in Week one overreaction?

Shaun's "boo-boo"

Shaun Alexander has worn a cast over his left hand and wrist in practice the past two days, but downplayed any notion that it's serious.

Alexander has been taking part in practice so does not have to be on the team's daily injury update. He was asked about the cast.

"Dude, it's everything," Alexander said with a smile. "No, it's just football. We're just making sure that we're OK."

Alexander wouldn't say how he got hurt, calling it "the weirdest thing."

"I woud call it a boo-boo. That's what I use on my daughter," Alexander said. "Boo-boos are good."

"A boo-boo with a boo-boo protector."

The fact that Alexander is practicing indicates that whatever is wrong must not be major. But you never know. Alexander cracked his foot in the first game of last season and played on it for three games before it got worse. Then he missed the next six games.

The Seahawks aren't required to list any player's availability status until tomorrow.

The Buccaneers were up 6-0 with 11:10 left in the 2nd quarter. Alexander had a 3 yard run that gave him 27 yards rushing on 7 carries for the game. Obviously the Bucs had seen enough and quit at that point....

And zero impact? How about this series at the end of the 3rd quarter while the Seahawks were up only 10-6, after the Bucs had already quit of course. Mind you these are consecutive plays before a Josh Brown FG to start the 4th quarter:

That series is the exact series I am talking about!! I was at the game. You could noticeably see the wind come out of the Bucs' sails, they knew they couldn't score, they knew they were terrible, they knew they were going to lose, and they quit. Shaun got like half his yards on this drive. Five plays in a row, the holes were ridiculously huge and Shaun walked to the safeties before he fell down. I'm telling you, the Bucs quit at 10-6. If you don't believe me, wait and watch Shaun this season. Just watch. The Bucs were the second worst team I have seen come into this stadium in the last five years, rivaling only the Texans from two years ago. I couldn't believe they quit that early, but I'm telling you, they did.

Nobody ever said Darrell goes over the middle. He did until Roy Williams almost killed him. Darrell Jackson isn't a "great" receiver, however, the combination of he and Hasselbeck working on the same page together was "great". I suppose that was your boy Deion filling the stat sheet this week??

Shaun is DONE. He looked LIKE CRAP until Arizona gave up. As for the bet, I did return your message, and I will stay with a $100 bet unless you want to up it.

ok. cool. we are on for $100. SA will finish in the top 10- per Huddle Scoring - PM Sent as well

by the way - I love Seattle homers who keep up the SA bashing- keep up the good karma my man.

Edited by wildcat2334

That series is the exact series I am talking about!! I was at the game. You could noticeably see the wind come out of the Bucs' sails, they knew they couldn't score, they knew they were terrible, they knew they were going to lose, and they quit. Shaun got like half his yards on this drive. Five plays in a row, the holes were ridiculously huge and Shaun walked to the safeties before he fell down.

So Alexander sucks because he took advantage of the situation given to him? An entire NFL defense just quit in the 3rd quarter because they were losing by 4 points to an offense that they had held in check all day except when the special teams let them down on a 50+ yard punt return?

Just clarifying what you are telling us.

So Alexander sucks because he took advantage of the situation given to him? An entire NFL defense just quit in the 3rd quarter because they were losing by 4 points to an offense that they had held in check all day except when the special teams let them down on a 50+ yard punt return?

Just clarifying what you are telling us.

Yes, this is exactly what I was telling you. Believe me, I was surprised as well. I told the guys with me, look, they quit!! Their offense quit, their defense quit. Their sideline was all sitting down, not a guy on the whole roster with any life. I was like, watch this, they quit, Shaun is gonna run all over them now. They were NOT tired. Our offense was not on the field enough for them to be tired. Heck, ask a Bucs fan, any of them will admit that they quit. They knew they would not win and they quit. They were defeated. When it happens it is not difficult to see, except to morons like Swerski.

Swerski, you can continue to be a coward and rip me and call me all the names you would like. You have proven yourself. How's that Asante Samuel trade comin'? How bout Briggs? Deion Branch is rad too. At some point, don't you just shut up? I mean, dude, seriously. I just think you're kinda funny now, this is entertainment.

Edited by Seahawks21

Swerski you're telling me five minutes into the third quarter the Bucs were tired??

No, I'm telling you that you're wrong about them "quitting" while being down by only four points in the 3rd quarter and after keeping the Seahawks offense in check for much of the first half. That's also what GTS is telling you, in case you missed it the first time.

There were holes. There were holes that ANY other starting NFL back would have gotten through. Don't get me wrong, Shaun is a VERY good back when he has a ten foot hole to run through, which he has often had in the last five years. However, when he has an average sized hole, he will stand outside it, wait for a defensive player to fill it, then fall down and curl into a ball. Until the Buccaneers quit in the game, Shaun had about 25 yards. All of a sudden, they quit, the line starting blowing truck-sized holes, and Shaun ends up with a decent day. Shaun had ZERO impact on the game when it was still in question. I just am still bewildered every time I watch every other decent back in the game and then watch him. It's amazing.

It is a rarity that I agree with Seahawks about much but I agree with him on this. although I do think he has a solid (but not spectacular)season just because of scheduling and they have enough talent for defenses to have to respect them elsewhere. I have never liked Alexanders running style and have thought he has benefitted from a good to great line for a long time now. IMO Seahawk is dead on with his evaluation on Alexander. he does stand outside the hole and he does curl into a ball and never looks for another opening.

No, I'm telling you that you're wrong about them "quitting" while being down by only four points in the 3rd quarter and after keeping the Seahawks offense in check for much of the first half. That's also what GTS is telling you, in case you missed it the first time.

I played this game for a long time and coached it for quite a while longer. It is VERY apparent when a team quits. I was absolutely shocked. How can you quit in the middle of the third quarter of a close game?? The fact is, they did. They convinced themselves they would not win and they quit. Shaun happily slid the dagger in. I think it probably had to do with Garcia and Caddy being out, but there is no question that they quit. I don't understand on why you insist on arguing with me, especially over things that were so obvious. Swerski, we'll keep workin' with ya, you'll learn this football stuff eventually...gonna have to work on that attitude though.

I played this game for a long time and coached it for quite a while longer.

Dude, put that card away. Nobody believes your "I'm an expert and you're not" arguments.

I don't understand on why you insist on arguing with me, especially over things that were so obvious. Swerski, we'll keep workin' with ya, you'll learn this football stuff eventually...gonna have to work on that attitude though.

You probably still don't understand why I argued that Darrell Jackson was on his way out of SEA earlier this year, either. :D

:D