[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bye Weeks

MrTed46

I am extremelly happy with my team in my local but I have ALOT of people having bye week at week 5. I am really considering taking a L that week because I do not want to drop any of my players.

This is the 1st time ever I am considering this. Would you guys do it?

I hate the fact that someone is going to get an easy W for this (may or may not skew the division hes in). But I really feel that for the strength of my team it is best to take the L.

Many owners follow the very legit strategy of loading up their starters with the same bye week. Sure you are very weak one week, but yo uare essentially full strength every other week while most teams are playing a starter or two down for 4-5 weeks. Very legit strategy that has paid off before.

Many owners follow the very legit strategy of loading up their starters with the same bye week. Sure you are very weak one week, but yo uare essentially full strength every other week while most teams are playing a starter or two down for 4-5 weeks. Very legit strategy that has paid off before.

I did it by accident but I also like it. After week 5 it will be ALOT easier for me.

I am extremelly happy with my team in my local but I have ALOT of people having bye week at week 5. I am really considering taking a L that week because I do not want to drop any of my players.

This is the 1st time ever I am considering this. Would you guys do it?

I hate the fact that someone is going to get an easy W for this (may or may not skew the division hes in). But I really feel that for the strength of my team it is best to take the L.

I actually did take this approach in one league. I am dead in Week 8, but at almost 100% strength the rest of the season. Plus you never know, in that one week maybe you'll get lucky and play the Low-Scorer, anything can happen :D

I say let it roll!

I would never cut a good player due to bye-week concerns. If you can trade someone and get equal or better value, that's one thing. But don't cut a good player solely due to bye-week concerns. You're better off playing one week with an incomplete roster, especially early in the season.

Yeah, when I drafted my powerhouse tandem of Santonio Holmes and Lee Evans, I knew one week I would be screwed, but it was well worth it...

wait. :D

Unless you can't actually start a full lineup, I think it's fine. If however, you don't have enough players not on bye to field a complete lineup, our league for example would fine you for starting a player on a bye or officially listed as "out." Still might be worth it.