[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Green Knocked Out AGAIN

Kansas State 2000

If Green wasn't hurt, and popped back up, he would be praised in highlight shows as "look at Trent Green sacraficing his body, throwing a great block, etc.". There wasn't anything dirty about that hit, Johnson had a line on the ball carrier, it wasn't like Green did it on the other side of the field.

You would have thought the time between Green being carted out strapped to a backboard and when he made his initial comments would have been enough time to cool down. The taunting could be excused as not knowing Green was injured, but that argument is tossed out the window with the post-game comments.

My mistake then, I thought the comments were made on the sideline after the play and not after the game. I can still understand him being ticked at Green throwing a block into his knees. But at the same time he should have held his comments considering Green's injury.

I know it's frustrating for linemen when people go for the knees, but that's the way it's taught. There's no way Trent Green could block him up top. There was nothing malicious about that block. It was nothing more than a cut block. People do it all the time. I played WR in college and played some semi-pro ball. You are taught to how to cut block because there's no way most WRs and RBs can take on 230 lb linebackers and 290 lb linemen. Johnson is an a-hole. It's part of the game. If you don't like it, put down the doughnuts.

I agree with this. Green was just hoping to trip him up. dude is a fool for saying what he did while Green's status was uncertain.

If Johnson did to Trent Green what Green did to him, he would have gotten a 15 yard penalty.

All Green had to do was get in front of him, hit him on the side, or whatever. He went for a blind-shot at the knee. If I had million dollar knees, I'd be pissed too.

Link

Golic said it perfectly, it was a legal hit but competition committee should look at it. If Travis Johnson blows his knee out, no one would even care but his career would all be over. Travis Johnson knows how close he was to getting his knees blow out. It was heat of the moment. Should he have taunted him while Green was down? Probably not, but many of us would do the same thing.

Link

Golic said it perfectly, it was a legal hit but competition committee should look at it. If Travis Johnson blows his knee out, no one would even care but his career would all be over. Travis Johnson knows how close he was to getting his knees blow out. It was heat of the moment. Should he have taunted him while Green was down? Probably not, but many of us would do the same thing.

Like I said earlier, the two tirades after the game were not heat of the moment.

I still think Travis Johnson has every right to be pissed. Even after the game, I don't blame him for still being angry. His knees are his livelihood. It's how he makes his money. I absolutely do not think Trent Green was maliciously going at his knee. But it was a dangerous play. A play that probably hurt A LOT. When I first saw the replay, I thought Johnson blew his knee out. Out of anger, pain, and frustration he did and said some things. Later, after he had cooled down, he was able to look at it more objectively. But interviewing a guy after he comes off the field after a hard fought game, I have no problem with what he said.

I still think Travis Johnson has every right to be pissed. Even after the game, I don't blame him for still being angry. His knees are his livelihood. It's how he makes his money. I absolutely do not think Trent Green was maliciously going at his knee. But it was a dangerous play. A play that probably hurt A LOT. When I first saw the replay, I thought Johnson blew his knee out. Out of anger, pain, and frustration he did and said some things. Later, after he had cooled down, he was able to look at it more objectively. But interviewing a guy after he comes off the field after a hard fought game, I have no problem with what he said.

Yeah, that makes sense Cap. But the problem I have is I really don't think he has any remorse for what he said or is looking at it any more objectively than before. He just got PRed up to save himself and the team from any further embarassment.

Yeah, that makes sense Cap. But the problem I have is I really don't think he has any remorse for what he said or is looking at it any more objectively than before. He just got PRed up to save himself and the team from any further embarassment.

D-lineman are that way though. They have all these rules protecting the quarterback from getting tapped on the helmet too hard, but defensive lineman can get just about anything happen to them, and nobody says a word. So everybody feels sorry for Trent Green andt it was his own stupid fault for leading to block with his head when he already has concussion problems) but like an earlier poster said, Johnson goes down for the season, we don't hear two words about it. It's a double standard that defensive linemen don't appreciate. I've heard some pretty interesting comments about it from Dwight Freeney in interviews.

Edited by CaptainHook

WHAT JOHNSON SHOULD SAY

Maybe:

"I hope Trent is going to be ok. I'm glad I'm going to be ok. That would have been a pretty crappy way for me to have suffered a season ending and possibly career threatening injury. With his history, I sure hope he doesn't have any permanent damage."

Maybe:

"I hope Trent is going to be ok. I'm glad I'm going to be ok. That would have been a pretty crappy way for me to have suffered a season ending and possibly career threatening injury. With his history, I sure hope he doesn't have any permanent damage."

Or maybe this:

"Cracker got what he deserved". Serves his a-ss right".