[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who has more value in a Dynasty format?

Capt. Stanky

I'm just curious what the consensus is. I love Maroney's skills, but I wonder if he has the durability to be a featured back, not to mention the Pats tendency to spread the ball around between their backs. Barber should be the man in Dallas after this year as I doubt The Cowboy's will resign Julius Jones. Who does everyone like for the future?

I love Maroney's skills, but I wonder if he has the durability to be a featured back, not to mention the Pats tendency to spread the ball around between their backs.

I think those are 2 very valid concerns about Maroney.

Barber should be the man in Dallas after this year as I doubt The Cowboy's will resign Julius Jones.

I don't understand this sentiment. Jones keeps getting significant work despite Barber showing that he's a much better NFL RB. I'd worry quite a bit about Jones staying with DAL - especially given the crop of rookie RBs that will be coming in 2008 - there's some serious numbers & talent in that group. The only FA that I see maintaining his value is Turner.

Tough call between the two of them. Maroney very well could be headed into a career-long RBBC as well as Barber.

I think those are 2 very valid concerns about Maroney.

I don't understand this sentiment. Jones keeps getting significant work despite Barber showing that he's a much better NFL RB. I'd worry quite a bit about Jones staying with DAL - especially given the crop of rookie RBs that will be coming in 2008 - there's some serious numbers & talent in that group. The only FA that I see maintaining his value is Turner.

Tough call between the two of them. Maroney very well could be headed into a career-long RBBC as well as Barber.

I can see the Ccowboys parting ways with Jones (it's a contract year for him), elevating Barber III into much more of a primary type of back, and elevating Tyson Thompson into Jones' current role, though to a lesser extent.

And I agree with the comments on Maroney.

So to answer the question, I personally like Barber III quite a bit more for a dynasty league.

I just think that JJones is going to demand more money on the open market than Dallas is going to be willing to spend. I too like Barber more than Maroney. I just need Maroney to have a big game first and then I'm going to try and trade him for Barber.

I value Barber a good amount more. Even if both are in a RBBC, at least Barber has been able to stay relatively healthy and he gets a lot more TDs. I am starting to drop Maroney on my list in general due to his inability to stay healthy and the fact that a 30 year old Morris (a guy who has never been particularly good) has stolen a lot of his carries.

I can see the Ccowboys parting ways with Jones (it's a contract year for him), elevating Barber III into much more of a primary type of back, and elevating Tyson Thompson into Jones' current role, though to a lesser extent.

Note that it is a contract year for MBIII, too...

Note that it is a contract year for MBIII, too...

Exactly! Marion Barber is going to be the one that will be too expensive for the Cowboys, not Julius Jones.

Back to the question. Laurence Maroney looks like he should run like Marion Barber III does. He does not. He is no Marion Barber III. Barber is in my top 5 of fantasy dynasty RB's right now. If Shaun Alexander would just throw in a Marion Barber highlight tape before games!!!!!

Exactly! Marion Barber is going to be the one that will be too expensive for the Cowboys, not Julius Jones.

Back to the question. Laurence Maroney looks like he should run like Marion Barber III does. He does not. He is no Marion Barber III. Barber is in my top 5 of fantasy dynasty RB's right now. If Shaun Alexander would just throw in a Marion Barber highlight tape before games!!!!!

He did last season. He will again, he's still recovering from that shoulder injury. It takes a while. Be patient with him. He will show you why the Pats loved him so much to take him...

:D